Category: Journeys Hits: 3276
Shopping carts are like tumble weeds—the more that collect in one spot, the more likely you’re going to get blasted with one when the wind blows. Or, at least, that’s how I look at them…Huddled in the corner of a parking lot, just waiting for the right gust of wind or slight change in temperature to come blasting towards your car door. I’ve always thought of these little clusters of metal as a sure sign that someone, somewhere, is being lazy.
And I think that’s it, you know? We, as a species, have become so lazy, that we don’t even take the one minute anymore to put our carts back in their little corrals. We’re too busy thinking about what Trump said on Twitter, or that Netflix premiere of a show we don’t actually give a crap about, but were told to. We don’t even take responsibility for our garbage anymore…We either throw it on the ground or put in a bin that someone else takes care of.
So, this is what I started to think…There must be a correlation between who does and doesn’t put their cart back, and what sort of person they are. Maybe those who do are better disciplined? Maybe those who don’t haven’t learned how to time manage? Maybe we’re all missing some bigger picture that can be explained by our shopping cart behavior….Whatever the case may be, it’s interesting to take a look at. Below you’ll find some thoughts on the matter that I’m currently sharing with the folks over at The Earth Tribe.
(And hey, if you actually physically can’t bring a cart back due to a disability, don’t let this article be anything other than an amusing pondering….)
If you’re a returner, then you’re probably putting the needs of others first…
Come on…You and I both know that when you are leaving a cart behind somewhere other than its proper place, you’re not thinking about the person who is going to need to collect it later. You’re thinking about Tweets and dinner plans. Or you’re in a hurry because you need to get a hundred things done today. Or you’re going to miss an appointment. Or it’s sleeting and sh*ting rain outside, and you just want to get to your nice, dry apartment. It really doesn’t matter, honestly, because you’re choosing yourself in that moment. And not someone else.
That’s right, dudes, there are other people who are influenced by your actions every day. When you leave your cart behind, someone else is going to need to use their energy to get it back to where it belongs. Or they are going to be directly influenced by it–i.e. their car is going to get scraped by it when another person pushes it out of the way to get to their car. Carts, after all, are physical objects that most often just sit somewhere, and when they sit in a parking spot or the middle of a driving aisle, they become a hazard. And that hazard was caused by you leaving it there.
So, here’s the deal, why not take the extra moment out of your day to be nice to the next person who is going to touch that cart? Whether it be the attendant picking them up or the person who might want to use it, you’ll be sacrificing a fraction of your day for taking responsibility for your actions. And that’s a pretty big deal because as soon as you do that one small act, then you’re more likely to become aware of all the other little acts you can take throughout the day that effect others in the same way. Throwing out garage you see on the ground so it doesn’t blow into someone’s lawn….Putting your tried-on clothes in the store back on their hangers so the exhausted changing room attendant doesn’t have to…Helping your neighbor pick up the leaves that have blown over into their yard from your big oak tree. Man, the possibilities are endless, but the point is that you’re doing something for someone else. You’re not being a selfish, self-centered a-hole, and the world really needs more of those these days….
Man, you might just be a more disciplined person if your try out putting that cart back…
You’re right there…Like a few yards away from the cart corral, and you have a screaming baby in the car, a kid who demands that she get those Fruit Loops you just bought, and your phone is ringing. You know you could just ignore all three, and bring that cart to where it belongs, but you just. don’t. know. if. you. can.
It’s a tough choice, though, right? ‘Cuz you want to. You want to be a good person, but your hands are almost literally tied on this one. But here’s where you can shine. Here’s where you can step up to your own moral plate and make a choice that will prove that you are capable of follow through.
You see, it’s easy to not be disciplined. We fall out of line with ourselves and our moral standards quite often. It doesn’t help that we’re bombarded by 100 forms of media that are constantly pulling us in different directions like some sort of medieval torture device…But we do have a choice, in these small moments, to control our own destiny. We can show those who are around us, especially our kids, that we’re able to stick to our guns. For kids, that’s a huge deal. Because there are so many ways that we’re asked not to, every day.
Buying that candy bar in the check-out aisle? No, we don’t need it, thank you.
Our friends or family asking of us to do something we really don’t think is right? Definitely not, guys.
Believing that what our politicians are telling us is what is actually the truth? Nope, going to question that, too.
It’s possible for a small thing to grow into a big thing. Putting one cart away means you’re standing up for doing something right, and that can start to influence the rest of your life. One step at a time.
Maybe, just maybe, if you return that cart, then you’ll be a happier human…
Think about it…If you’re doing something like returning a shopping cart, then you’re thinking about other people. You’re respecting other people. That probably means you respect yourself, too. This probably means that you’re respected by others because they see you doing these small things, and respecting yourself. Which means you’re more likely to have good friends, which means you’re probably, in general, a little bit happier. You’ve got friends who support and respect you, and you have your self-respect.
That’s a nice recipe for a happy sandwich, don’t you think?
When we act nicely towards others, when we are giving, patient, and kind, we are attracting those same qualities. It’s not that much of a leap to see that small acts of kindness eventually build up into large acts, and eventually fill your days with warm fuzzies in the heart region. Even on the darkest of other days, you’ll be able to look at your past, and see that you’ve done small rights in the world.crystalwind.ca
Look, it’s easy to get up in negativity. Like I mentioned, we’re kind of surrounded by it. It brings us down, makes us doubt, and puts us in a place that is sometimes really difficult to get out of. But try to remember that there are ways to make this all better. There are ways to still be a good human. It just might be small, and might seem insignificant, but in the long run, they aren’t.
Pollution doesn’t happen with one car. It happens with all the cars, and all the people, who have stopped caring.
You can care. About yourself. About others. About everything. It just takes the first step.
Which can be as little as taking the shopping cart back to where it belongs. It seems funny, and maybe you’re thinking, “I totally do nice things, but I just don’t see the point in doing this.” And that’s okay. You’re just not getting it yet. If you sit, and observe, on one of those days you have extra time, and see how people react to those carts in the parking lot that are floating around like weeds, then you’ll see how, over time, one person’s act actually turns into something much larger. You’ll see that your one act, when added with everyone else’s, is actually a pretty big deal.
And then maybe you’ll get out of that fancy SUV, and help the older lady parked next to you in bringing back her cart. Because you’ll start to see what actually matters….
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Andels Journeys
- 2018 (16)
- November (1)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- 2017 (41)
- December (1)
- November (5)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (3)
- June (8)
- • The Trap of Righteousness
- • The Commercialization of Spirituality - A Multi-Billion Dollar Corporate Takeover!
- • Loneliness
- • The Masks Are Coming Off - Unveiling False Teachers
- • The Dynamics Of Fear In Fear Inducing Times
- • 10 “Spiritual” Things People Do That Are Total Bullshit
- • Karma Teaches Jerks A Valuable Lesson In Life
- • Is The New Spirituality Just A Trend?
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (3)
- 2016 (29)
- December (5)
- November (3)
- October (3)
- August (1)
- June (1)
- May (1)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (6)
- • My Pleasure
- • Vancouver Man With Stomach Cancer Is Selling Unconditional Love On Craigslist For $0
- • Carefree People Don’t Have Attachments - Here Are 25 Reasons Why
- • Are Family Members Toxic? 10 Things to Remember
- • The World As We Know It Has Changed And There Is No Going Back To What We Were - 6 Predictions
- • How To Get More Energy: 8 New Secrets Backed By Research
- 2015 (50)
- December (4)
- November (6)
- • Neutrality — The Gateway To Transcend The Matrix
- • Soul and Personality
- • Dalai Lama on Paris & Syria – A Message for Peace
- • Know Yourself. Heal. Self-Liberate. Experiment. Build Community.
- • Groundbreaking Discovery: Man Solves Tesla’s Secret To Amplifying Power By Nearly 5000%
- • Johnny Depp Intends To Buy Site Of Wounded Knee Massacre And Gift It Back To The Native American People
- October (10)
- • Waking Up The Goddess: Where Men Meet Women
- • Why we cry
- • You’re Not Wrong
- • Canada’s New PM Issues Challenge to US – “We’re Ending Wars and Legalizing Pot”
- • Meet the USA's First School District to Serve 100% Organic Meals
- • Going Through Shadows: The Vortex Of Transformation.
- • The Rise of Lowsumerism
- • There is something extraordinary happening in the world
- • Three Ways Canadian Thanksgiving Differs From American Thanksgiving
- • Leonardo DiCaprio - Bring Down Big Oil Corporations
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (6)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (5)
- January (4)
- 2014 (56)
- December (2)
- November (4)
- October (4)
- September (5)
- • Water on Earth predates Sun, meaning our life originated elsewhere – study
- • Buffalo Treaty: Native tribes sign bison revival plan in US and Canada
- • US to pay largest Native American nation $554 million in landmark settlement
- • Being Vegan and Raw Vegan Lifestyle
- • New Experiment Will Answer Some Mind-Bending Questions On Whether We Live In a Hologram
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (4)
- May (2)
- April (3)
- March (7)
- • Spring Into the Adventure! How the Symbolism of Frogs Can Support Us Through Change
- • The Gateways Are As Open As You Are
- • Shifting Seasons And Time…..
- • Marching Forward
- • Stanford Physicist: Vast, Powerful Realm Between Particles Influenced by Human Consciousness
- • We Are Living In The Most Important Time In The History Of The Universe - Dolores Cannon Discusses Our Current Paradigm
- • Creating A Path Where There Is None
- February (9)
- • February Update
- • Finding Direction When You Feel Lost
- • How Our Narratives Inform Our Hopes for Change
- • Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Mitigation
- • The Alchemy of Responsible Reflection
- • How You Attract Information In A Vibrational Universe
- • 'You shall not pass!' Native American groups vow to block Keystone XL pipeline
- • Architecture of the Light
- • Meeting Our Past Selves Outside Of Time
- January (10)
- • Journey to the Enchanted Forest – Your New Moon & New Year Power Animal Awaits
- • Year of the Horse is Upon Us – Ready, Set, Go!
- • The 118 Days of Creation
- • How Much Are You Filtering Your Truth? – Image Alterations Aren't Just For Big Media Anymore
- • Eight Signs You May Be Experiencing a Spiritual Awakening
- • 13 Signs You’re a Witch
- • How To Tell If You Had A Past Life In Atlantis
- • How Do I Know If It’s My Soul or My Ego Talking?
- • The Baby and the Bath Water
- • The Foundation for All Healing
- 2013 (104)
- December (12)
- • Activate Your Creative Power With Conscious Intention
- • Riding the Train of Life – Symbolism to Navigate the Tracks of Your Journey
- • Are We the Makers of Our Own Fate?
- • Lighting Your Truth to Freedom, Passion & Inspired Leadership – Closing Chapter 2013 to Write Chapter 2014′s Lively & Instinctual Year of the Horse
- • The Power of a Poor Night’s Sleep
- • Why Entrepreneurship Is A Spiritual Expression Of Freedom
- • Death and Dying from a Shamanic Perspective
- • Sliding Home For Christmas
- • The Solstice Vibe
- • You’re Only As Strong As Your Weakest Link But As Wise As Your Strongest
- • The Speed of Infinity
- • World Aids Day – December 1st
- November (29)
- • The Courage To Live Box Less -- Getting Outside The Label Labyrinth
- • The Quantum Leap Ascension Process
- • Toronto Named Most Youth Friendly City
- • Thanksgiving Day Recalibration
- • Stop Looking And See
- • Getting the Doomsday Hunger?
- • What I Hope to Be Next Year
- • At The Point of No Return
- • The Faery Referral Network
- • Thoughts on Compassion and Detachment
- • Top Ten Myths About Being a Psychic/Healer
- • Tell the “Lords” of Karma That You Are Sovereign – No Longer a Lightworker Part 2
- • Where New JFK Evidence Points - 50 Years Later + Videos
- • 3 Reasons Why It’s Better to NOT Manifest a Soul Mate Relationship
- • 10 Tycoons Who Meditate Daily To Keep Up With Their Hectic Business Life
- • Why We Should Rethink What We've Been Told About Consciousness
- • The Value of “Sloth” – Expanding Our Perceptions for Greater Wisdom
- • Why Your Voice Matters and How To Get Heard
- • Breaking the Barriers of Belief
- • Stop Being "Positive" & Start Getting Real (Joy) In Your Life
- • Are We Living in the Matrix?
- • Is the Sharing Economy Here Yet?
- • Find Your Power in Self-Sufficiency
- • Heads Up
- • Plants Exhibit The Same Senses As Humans And See, Touch, Smell, Hear and Even Taste
- • Healing The Wound(s) Within The Heart Chakra
- • True or False? I Am Perfect Just As I Am
- • Indigenous Elders and Medicine Peoples Council Statement on Fukushima
- • A Phoenix Rising - A Recommended Read
- October (18)
- • 20 Good Reasons to Have Clear Personal Boundaries
- • Let Go of Who You Are to Become What You Might Be
- • How to Be Happy: The 10-Day Happiness Challenge
- • The Law of Assumption
- • A Message from the Faeries
- • New Device Stores Electricity On Silicon Chips
- • The NAME
- • 6 Big Excuses That Can Derail Your Life
- • A Clean Break
- • An Original Blueprint
- • Your Angry Voice Demolishes Your Brilliant Argument
- • Where the Action Is NOW– Relationships
- • Homo Luminous: The New Human
- • The Two New Humanities
- • How Do I Discern the Real from False?
- • Walking on Sacred Ground
- • Not All Have Halos
- • AGAIN, Remember Who You Are
- September (14)
- • Be Careful of How You Use Words!
- • Frequency Gates – What The Heck Are They?
- • Following Our Joy to Find Freedom
- • You`ve Been Warned: Why You Need To Be Ready for Total Grid Failure
- • Spirituality and Ethics in Business
- • Life – The Projection From Within
- • 10 Ways to Shift Your Consciousness
- • The Fall Inside
- • Fall Equinox-The Gate Closes
- • Self Honesty May Deepen the Bliss Into Actualization and Full Embodiment
- • Changing Dynamics of Relationships
- • Biophotons
- • Autumn Equinox 2013 Cosmic Weather Forecast
- • Autumn Equinox: The Archangel Michael Meditation
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (3)
- May (12)
- • How Gratitude Can Help You Through Hard Times
- • The World of Opposites: A New Take
- • The God Gene
- • Souls of Animals
- • What If Television News Disappeared?
- • Every Warrior’s Achilles Heel
- • Building Your Spiritual Muscles
- • Transmuting Collective Human Consciousness By Channeling Light
- • Is DMT the Gateway to Hell?
- • The Psychological Crossroad of An Unhappy Life
- • Science Finds Fountain of Youth Brain Region That Slows Down Aging
- • Remember The Power Of The Voice
- April (6)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- December (12)
- 2012 (4)