Category: Inspired Mind Hits: 2963
Gratitude is an expression of LOVE
Meaning – The state of being grateful. Thankfulness or appreciation.Gratitude is expressing thanks for gifts we have received.
Latin word: Gratia – meaning favor, charm and thanks.
Gratus – meaning pleasing and grateful.
These Latin words are similar to the Sanskrit word gmati – meaning he praises.
Gratitude is a basic human emotion. It is expressed in some way by all ancient and modern cultures. The idea of receiving a gift is central to the concept of gratitude. While merely appreciating something for its positive qualities does have a positive impact on our lives and emotions, gratitude takes then next step beyond. Gratitude happens when we go beyond just appreciating something to acknowledging that we have received a gift that we did nothing to earn or deserve. On some level, the warm emotional rush we feel when we really feel gratitude is very like the glow we feel from realizing we are unconditionally loved.
The feeling of Gratitude like living in a state of grace. Grace is our response to feeling loved unconditionally by God. When we practice an attitude of gratitude we are practicing feeling loved.
The Power of Gratitude
New research shows that practicing gratitude may be the fastest single pathway to happiness, health, long life, and prosperity. In a remarkable study performed by Dr. Emmons, people who kept a gratitude journal for just 3 weeks measured 25% higher on life satisfaction after wards. They exercised more, drank alcohol less, and their families and friends noticed that they were nicer to be around. And the effects lasted for several months beyond the initial 3 week study. Other studies on gratitude are confirming these results. People who take the time to notice and appreciate the good things that come their way through grace, or luck, or the goodness of others are happier and more peaceful. They do better on cognitive tests and tests of problem solving skills. They practice healthier habits, have better relationships, are more optimistic and live longer. Gratitude is one powerful emotion.
So how to we develop an attitude of gratitude? If you are worried that such a powerhouse of happiness and success must come with a high price, fear not. It turns out that developing gratitude is surprisingly easy. Here are 5 proven methods:
- Keep a gratitude Journal. Every day or so, write about the good things that happened to you that day. You do not need a special format or to keep to any special schedule, although the people in the study who got such great results used the journal daily for 3 weeks.
- Write a letter of appreciation. Express your gratitude to people who have helped you, particularly those who have helped you without special reward like teachers and nurses. We are touched by others every day.
- Make a gratitude visit. You can express your gratitude in person even more powerfully than in a letter. Gratitude is such a powerful emotion for both the giver and receiver, you may find writing the letter first helps you get your thoughts in order and deliver your message more effectively.
- Make a gratitude list. This can often be a quick pick-me-up. Set a goal of listing 100 things you have to be grateful for, then keep adding to your list until you reach that number. Some days it is hard to get started, but persistence pays as the longer list pushes us to examine our blessings more deeply.
- Take a gratitude walk. This method works a little like the list in that you have a set time for your walk to focus on deepening your gratitude. Many people find the movement and variety of a walk help the brain and heart to work better.
- Gratitude Wristband/Bracelet. Last year millions of people took the challenge proposed by Will Bowen, a Kansas City minister, to go 21 days without complaining, criticizing, or gossiping. To help condition the participants to stop complaining, they each wore a purple No-Complaint wristband. Several authors in the self-improvement genre have suggested that people do something similar to help condition themselves to be constantly aware of the things in life that they’re grateful for.
A variation of the wristband concept is to create a gratitude charm bracelet, with either one meaningful charm or different charms representing the things you’re most grateful for. For example, you could have a charm shaped like a heart to symbolize your significant other, figurines to represent different family members, an apple to represent health, a dollar sign to symbolize abundance, a charm that represents your current profession or a future career, and maybe a charm that makes you laugh to represent humor or joy.
- Meditation. Meditating every day for as long as possible about everything you are grateful for, even if it is on the train going to work or in your lunch hour. Anywhere at any time that you have some spare time available. Taking 5 minutes in the morning just after you wake up, before you open up your eyes and begin your day. It is a great way to start your day.
Developing an attitude of sincere gratitude for your current blessings unleashes the power for receiving many more. Every Day Give Thanks.
The Power of Gratitude is an extremely important aspect of attracting to yourself the Abundance and Happiness that you desire and deserve in your life.
Let’s explore how sincere gratefulness works and fits in with the overall truths of Universal Law and why it is so.
As we have discovered in the Law of Vibration , everything within our universe is a vibrating mass of atoms and subatomic particles. (Energy) Through the Law of Attraction , the energy (vibrations) that you resonate and project based on your thoughts, feelings, and emotions determines your “vibrational frequency” which broadcasts that frequency, attracts to it energy or vibrational frequencies that harmonize or resonate with it which determines the events, situations, and circumstances that you attract and eventually see manifest into your life.
What does that have to do with the Power Of Gratitude?
Absolutely Everything! When you are in a sincere state of gratitude your energy (vibrational resonance) is one of acceptance and harmony. You resonate and as a result project a much higher vibrational frequency which is exactly what attracts to you the events, conditions, and circumstances that you desire. To provide more clarity.
Think of yourself as a giant magnet. Whatever you are feeling, whether it be love, fear, anger, happiness, anger, joy, gratitude, resistance etc. you are in essence creating a magnetic force that attracts and draws to you events, conditions and circumstances which are in direct correlation to what you are feeling. Fear of something creates a magnetic force that will attract more of what you fear. Expressing Gratitude for any situation projects a magnetic force that draws to you more of what you are expressing gratitude for.
At any time that you are NOT expressing gratitude for an outcome you are in essence resisting the outcome which places your focus on NOT WANTING that outcome. When this happens what are your thoughts and emotions fixated on? What you DON”T want, correct? That focus of NOT wanting creates a “magnetic force” which only serves to draw to you more of that which you are NOT WANTING or resisting.
Let’s look at the difference between gratitude and resistance…
When you choose to fight or resist whatever is happening in your life at any given moment you are actually creating resistance, which puts you in a disharmonious vibration, or a lower vibrational frequency, and we all know what begins to happen then, don’t we? You begin to attract the dis-harmonious events, conditions and circumstances into your life that you are resisting. As mentioned above, you are drawing to you through your “magnetic force” the polar opposite of what you have a desire to experience.
Resistance is placing focus on what you would rather NOT have happening which is in essence creating and projecting a magnetic force which is drawing to you what it is that you are placing your predominant focus on (resisting) or DON”T have a desire to experience. This focus can only draw more of that which you are focusing on.
Gratitude on the other hand is an acceptance of things just the way they are which correlates with acceptance which in turn resonates and projects a much different energy creating a magnetic force that is conducive to attracting the “desired” outcome.
A common question that comes up is……
“How in the world can I be in a state of gratitude when everything seems to be going wrong?
First of all it is important to recognize the importance of accepting responsibility for whatever is going on in your life. The events, conditions and circumstances that you’re currently experiencing are manifestations based on thoughts and emotions that you’ve had at some point in the past. It is due to those thoughts and emotions which represent the seeds, that you are experiencing whatever outcome you currently are.
Remember, you are the one that thinks your thoughts.
Your thoughts do not think you. In the same way your emotions experienced serve as a gauge and are a reflection of the quality of thoughts that you are thinking.
Since your current outcomes are based on what you have thought and felt at some point in the past and those outcomes are now being experienced in your life, guess who created them? YOU did!! Although that may not make you feel any better about them yet, consider this…
Since it is you that created them isn’t it possible to change the thoughts and emotions responsible which will produce the desired result? Absolutely!! Simply recognizing the fact that you brought them into your life in and of itself provides you with an understanding of your creative power which in and of itself should instill a sense of gratitude that you’ve been provided the choice as to what you will create for your life.
Although prior to understanding how this process works you were in essence “unconsciously creating”, now you can begin to “consciously create” more to express gratitude for.
Once you fully grasp and understand that your current experiences here and now are merely guideposts showing you that you are either on the right path of creating your desired outcomes or that you need to make some adjustments in your thought processes that created them, you will become empowered to express heartfelt gratitude for whatever is currently happening in your life recognizing the fact that YOU created it.
It’s important to recognize and express gratitude for the fact that EVERYTHING in your life is a miracle, a creation that YOU created.
Creation, regardless of how you might perceive it is ALWAYS 100% of the time a miracle. Learn to recognize that fact and express gratitude for EVERY miracle in your life and you will begin to see the life changing power that gratitude holds in creating MUCH more to be grateful for. Those miracles (creations) which show up that aren’t in harmony with your intended or desired outcomes are merely signs that YOU need to make adjustments. When you fully grasp and internalize this truth you’ll learn to express gratitude for the sign that you mis-created it and that you have been provided with the evidence that will enable you to change the thoughts, emotions and perceptions which brought it into your life.
Your perceptions regarding any event, condition or circumstance are only based on a memory of something in the past that is stored in your subconscious mind and can be consciously changed if you discover that it is not in harmony with what you have a desire to accomplish.
For example, let’s look at two people with totally different perceptions regarding the same situation, and see firsthand what an attitude of gratitude is, and isn’t.
Let’s say that you wake up on a Saturday morning after a good night's rest. You’ve worked hard all week and you’re really looking forward to getting outside and playing in a golf tournament that you had entered, and enjoying your weekend of R&R. You’re feeling pretty good about the day ahead of you. You make your coffee and head for the window to open the blinds. You get them opened up and look out the window. ARGGHHHHHH, it’s raining outside! Your-self talk kicks in and it goes something like this. “Oh man, my whole day is ruined. I was planning on doing this and that and now I can’t. Why do things always have to happen like that? Another weekend shot! I can’t ever get a break!” Obviously your perception is that everything went wrong and your whole weekend is ruined. Based on your thought pattern and perception, your right, it is. Unless you are able to change that perception, you’ll allow yourself to have a less than desirable weekend.
In fact, by remaining in this state, you will literally attract the events, conditions, and circumstances to you that will make Certain that you have a less than desirable weekend!
This is a classic case of resistance, or ungratefulness.
Now let’s take a look at the neighbor down the street who always seems to have things going his way. Let’s imagine it’s the same scenario. He has worked all week and made plans to play in the same golf tournament that you were entered in.
He walks to the window, opens the shades and sees exactly the same situation that you did when you opened them except, although he initially has a little disappointment because he can’t go to the golf tournament he was planning on, he decides that there is nothing he can do to change the situation and begins his thought process and self talk which goes something like this. “Boy I sure was looking forward to that golf tournament. Oh well, I’ve got a few things that need to get done around here today anyway. That means I don’t have to water the grass for a few days and that will sure save a little on my water bill. It’s been a few weeks since it rained and we sure needed it.”
Although the person in the second example was a little disappointed initially, a conscious decision was made that wouldn’t allow it to ruin the entire weekend and shifted the focus to something more positive and productive.
This is a classic case of gratitude. No resistance, resulting in a harmonious vibration.
Do you see what I mean about perception? Same situation, different people, different perception, different outcome. When you have developed a crystal clear understanding that all things work for the greater good no matter how seemingly bad things may appear, it becomes much easier to stay in a state of gratitude.
When you are able to fully develop that awareness, (and with a little practice, you will) not only is it an extremely freeing experience, but you are setting yourself up for a much greater flow of Abundance and Happiness being attracted and coming into your life! When the Universe sees that you are grateful for what you have, it will send you more.
This is exactly how Universal Laws operate. The universe doesn’t perceive anything as good or bad, it only sends outcomes to you based on your vibrational resonance, and your attitude concerning any given thing is exactly what determines that vibrational resonance.
God, Universal Consciousness, Super-Conscious Mind or whatever you perceive Source to be, loves each person unconditionally exactly the same and only delivers to each precisely what we are asking for, based on our individual vibrational output. If that output resonates anger, fear, etc. the universe perceives that you are asking for outcomes based on that output, and that is exactly what you’ll receive! As you sow, so shall you reap.
On the other hand, by learning to control the emotions that determine that output, and developing the ability to remain in a state of Gratitude regardless of what the situation may temporarily consist of, your vibrational output or magnetic force is conducive to attracting outcomes that are in vibrational resonance with Gratitude and you can only attract to you the events, conditions and circumstances that are in alignment with Gratitude.
The unwavering systems (Universal Laws) have been put into place, and you only need to learn to operate in harmony with them, which will allow you to attract the Abundance and Happiness that you desire.
Developing an attitude of gratitude is one of the most important things that you can do for attracting and manifesting the things that you desire into your life. In fact, it’s essential that you do.
“Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.”
~ Eileen Caddy
“Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.”
~ Kahlil Gibran
© 2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (23)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (7)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)