Category: Moon Cycles Written by Lena Stevens Views: 2683
Solstice is Friday, December 21 at 3:22 PM MST
Full Moon is Saturday, December 22 at 10:48 AM MST
Solstices are always about a powerful shift from the old into something new. This one is no exception. They are important times to release the past and to gain some clarity and set some intentions for the future. As we are moving into a time where the element of earth is prevalent, this solstice offers an opportunity for grounding and anchoring this intentions with the help of Pacha Mama. On the other hand, the grounded quality can also bring up places of resistance, stubbornness and where you are still holding on to something past. Watch bones, teeth and joints during this time.
In addition to our usual recommendation to do some kind of ceremony or ritual, we also recommend the you make some kind of a change in your physical environment to honor the change of season and the power of the solstice. Get rid of something, move some furniture, bring in something new that better represents who you are. The solstice is also a time of renewal. What needs to be freshened up in your life?
For a ritual or ceremony, you can write down what you wish to release, burn or bury the writing, and then focus on your new intentions, writing down what is clear to you at this time.
As we are moving into a year of chaos fighting structure, how you use this time of the solstice (and the full moon on Saturday) will help you to get your ducks in a row in anticipation of the times. (For more on the influences of 2019 including chaos, earth and water, download Trends 2019)(link here)
The Solstice this year is followed closely by a Full Moon that honors the other influence of 2019, water. Water represents the emotions, fluidity, flexibility, and is a powerful agent of change. Earth and water will be working together in 2019 either harmoniously bringing fertility and balance into your life, or forcefully, creating change at inconvenient times. Use this Full Moon time in conjunction with the Solstice to check in with your intuition and emotional self to see the truth of what you need to let go of and the truth about what you truly wish to bring in to your life. It is a time where being around others of like mind and heart is helpful. As addictions will be a challenge in 2019, our sincere hope and wish for everyone is for a collective release of the addiction to suffering.
Another good way to use this Full Moon/Solstice time is to contemplate all the structures in your life, all the containers you have created to support you. Are they still in resonance with you? Or do they need some adjustment in order to give you some room to change? Don’t be afraid of a little chaos as you are moving things around both physically and emotionally. Do it in bits and pieces one step at a time and as long as you keep things moving, you will be fine.
FULL MOON IN CANCER
Sun in Capricorn ~ Moon in Cancer 0º
Sat. Dec. 22, 10:48 AM Mountain Standard Time
(Sat. Dec. 22, 5:48 PM Greenwich Mean Time)
One of the most powerful days of the year, Winter Solstice, finds the light of the Sun as far south as it can reach and where we move into the earth sign Capricorn. We are joined this year by a Full Moon at 0º Cancer less than a day behind Solstice increasing the energetics of this extreme point in the year. Saturn strong in its own sign, Capricorn, rides with the Sun so there is a valence of maturity and responsibility beaming down on the Moon in watery, feminine, Cancer ripe and full in her own sign of rulership. Solstice of December 2017 also saw Saturn in near exact conjunction to the Sun, but we did not have the magical Moon to balance it as we do here.
The Moon in Cancer is ruler of this chart and she shines in her fullness bringing into play her powerful nurturing, supportive and protective nature. The emotional quality of Cancer will be strong at Solstice/Full Moon. Sensitivity, intuition and psychic awareness will be heightened. Memories will surface. You may find yourself highly impacted by your environment and those you are with ~ for better or worse, soaring or plunging.
Cancer rules the stomach and the breasts. Food is central to our security and nourishment. Here is the source of your domestic instincts for security, nesting and familial connection, as well as preservation of the past, your lineage and ancestors.
The Cancer/Capricorn polarity calls up the axis of family vs. career, mother vs. father, home vs. community, personal vs. social. Being a cardinal sign makes it action oriented and also a polarity of leadership. Cancer, as The Mother, is the most fertile of signs, and Capricorn, ruled by Saturn is the most structured of signs creating the foundations and institutions of our society that which protects and provides for the safety, growth and stability of the community.
Mercury is conjunct Jupiter in Sagittarius exact on Solstice. With such a powerful day, there is potential to shift our perceptual base, that blind spot we live from out of habit as we look to the horizon for what is possible to create. A thought-provoking podcast, workshop or journey is just the spark that may set you off in a new direction. Mercury/Jupiter is a combo to inspire you to speak your truth perhaps from a larger container.
Venus in Scorpio is traveling closely with Ceres both aspects of our feminine selves. Venus is more inclined to aesthetics and the social and financial areas of life, while Ceres is similar to the Moon. She is related to early bonding, nourishment via the Earth, agriculture, and grains, as in Cere-al. She also holds dominion over the midwife rituals of birth and death. With powerful goddesses in Scorpio, we invite in mystery where deep psychological transformation is available. Ceres/Venus (Scorpio) is opposite Juno (Taurus) through the end of the year increasing our desire for intimate relating and bringing our awareness to where we give away our power to others and why, and bringing our partnerships and relationships into close scrutiny. Bringing positive energy will be the Grand Trine in water signs Sunday after Full Moon with Neptune, Ceres/Venus and the Moon – a brief, but welcome time of emotional ease and grace.
Chiron and Mars in late Pisces are in a stressful relationship both with Ceres/Venus and with the Sun/Moon polarity. A tension arises with the Full Moon that signals where awareness and healing is needed. Mars in a situation of conflict can bring up anger, competition and impatience, but here Mars will need to cultivate cooperation if he wants to move forward on his quest of coming into balance with the feminine. By February, Chiron will re-enter Aries, ruled by Mars, for a seven-year stay where we will experience a deeper understanding of the wounding of the masculine and what will be necessary for its healing ~ a long recurrent theme as Chiron is triggered by various planets.
Whether you’re honoring this time as the longest day in the Southern Hemisphere or the longest night and the return of the light for the Northern Hemisphere, know that it contains the power and energy of Father Sky and Mother Earth in its fullest measure and direct that warmth, nourishment, support and life-giving guidance and generosity to your self, to those you gather in as family, and to all you meet in your village.
Our next cycle in January will be one of eclipse.
The following times are in Mountain Daylight Time (MDT)
- 12/21 Solstice/Sun enters Capricorn 3:22 PM MST12/21 Solstice/Sun enters Capricorn 3:22 PM MST
- 12/22 Cancer Full Moon 0º49’ 10:48 AM MST
- 01/05 Capricorn New Moon/Partial Solar Eclipse 15º 6:28 PM MST
- 01/20 Sun enters Aquarius 2:00 AM MST
- 01/20 Leo Full Moon/Total Lunar Eclipse/SuperMoon 0º51’ 10:15 PM MST
Image by CrystalWind.ca
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (38)
- July (3)
- June (6)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (87)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (8)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (6)
- January (8)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)