Category: Fairy Kingdom Hits: 21816
The sparkle of a bit of Fairy Magic can be a breath of fresh air, lift your magic right up and brighten you and your day. Magic is LIGHT - it sings, and dances, and yet it is still the most powerful force in the universe, indeed.
Fairy Flower Oil
1 dram* elder oil
1 dram* lavender oil
a few dried rose buds
Method to Construct
Warm slowly in an enamel saucepan. Let cool. Pour into magic bottles and use in spellwork, philtres (love potions), and ritual anointing.
*A dram is 1/16th of an ounce
First, wash the quartz with plain water and chant this verse over it.
"Fairies from afar; spread your blessings all around. Be safe and warm and welcome here, every season, every year. May our love and magic abound!"
Put the quartz in a window where sunlight can reach it. Go around your house and yard, sprinkling glitter whenever you want to attract fairies.
They will soon arrive.
To Summon a Faerie Friend
Small crystal bowl or cup
Pour a small amount of the fruit into the bowl or cup and chant the following:
"With this water of fruits I humbly summon thee, come now I ask to help and join with me, with this water of fruits I choose to give to thee, to graciously take all that you need, and all that I give, all you receive, friendships found and joy abounds."
The Faerie Call
Sit where the cat sits. Cross your toes. Close your eyes. And smell a rose.
Then say under your breath:
"I believe in fairies, sure as death."
"Gadflykins! Gladtrypins! Gutterpuss and Cass! Come to me fairly. Each lad and lass!
"Come out of your Fairy Bower. Come upon this golden hour. Come to me, I beg you please. Fairies dancing upon the breeze."
How To Meet A Fairy
Fey folk are wild creatures; they are so strong and unusual that you must be very careful when meeting with them. If you approach one with love and honour, he or she just might be an honourable, powerful and delightful friend.
Here's How to meet them!
Step #1 Focus on the darkness of the mind's eye, close your eyes.
Step #2 See that darkness filled with a glowing green light, a Fey green, like a magical glow or sparkle.
Step #3 Let your mind be filled with the light. Then envision the Feys glow swirling around you, surrounding you in it's beauty and magic.
Step #4 Enjoy its beauty for a minute or so.
Step #5 Let that Fey power feed you and cleanse you. Let it work it's magic on you.
Step #6 Then you must call out for a fairy friend. (However don’t demand a visit, we do not control the Fey Folk). ~ Invite him or her with warmth, courtesy, good will.
Step #7 Welcome the fairy with dignity and respect. Ask their name and ask what they need from you. If they don’t give you their name then you should end the visit.
Step #8 Never make an agreement with a fairy. They take commitments way to seriously and are tricksters, who often have an unusual view to what life should be like. You may not want the same goals as they do.
At the visit:
Step #9 If you fall asleep, your visit might be happening on an unconscious level, so you would still need the steps below upon awakening.
Step #10 If you want to, you can ask your visitor for something you need.
Step #11 Always give your thanks for the visit, and for any help you were given.
Step #12 At this point it’s O.K. to give a gift, food & drink left out at night. Milk, Honey and wine are their favourites.
Step #13 Perhaps this fairy will become your friend for a while or even a lifetime. You can use this ritual to visit again. But for now just say "Goodbye".
After the ritual
After doing something like this ritual, you may be in an altered state without realizing it.
~If you are, then you should take a walk or cook (be careful not to burn yourself though), because don’t forget you just ventured their world. So, after you finish step 12 be sure to do the following 2 steps:
- Spend time consciously focusing on the embodied life plane by making your mind concentrate on physical matter.
- If you decided to go for a walk, focus on looking both ways when crossing. ~ Pay special attention to kitchen safety or whatever focus is best for the activity in which you become involved.
Use these two steps until you are well focused on the physical plane. You could feel very sharp and alert, and think there is no need for the last 2 steps. But do them anyway. For one thing, alert as you are, you might only be to the fairy plane. Take time to become alert to the physical realm. If you're feeling really spacy add some simple stretches or do some other safe activity that will focus you onto your own body.
How To Attract A Fairy
Create a garden that is full of life. Birdhouses, birdbaths and bird feeders are lovely ornaments for the garden, so are bat houses and hummingbird feeders.
Plant flowers and plants that are attractive to bees and butterflies. Fairies love butterflies, and are very attracted to them. Put nuts out for the squirrels.
Whatever you do to bring life to your garden, and at the same time you will bring fairies as well.
Here's a list of plants that attract beautiful butterflies and fairies to your garden:
- Achillea millefolium (common yarrow)
- Aster novi-belgii (New York aster)
- Chrysanthemum maximum (shasta daisy)
- Coreopsis grandiflora/verticillata (coreopsis)
- Agastache occidentalis (western giant hyssop or horsemint)
- Lavendula dentata (French lavender)
- Rosemarinus officinalis (rosemary)
- Thymus (thyme)
- Buddleia alternifolia (fountain butterfly bush)
- Buddleia davidii (orange-eye butterfly bush, summer lilac)
- Potentilla fruitiosa (shrubby cinquefoil)
- Petunia hybrida (common garden petunia)
- Verbena (verbenas, vervain)
- Scabiosa caucasica (pincushion flowers)
- Cosmos bipinnatus (cosmos) Zinnia elegans (common zinnia)
Install a small fountain or waterfall or put in a fishpond. You might want to include statues of faeries. Anything that reflects light or is colourful and moving particularly attracts the gnomes and elves. Both fairies and water sprites like the splashy sound and sight of a fountain.
Leave an area of your garden a bit wild and not too cultivated. It need not be a large space, but having one area that is dedicated to the fairies will make them feel very welcome.
Ask fairies and elves to come to your garden. "Where Intention goes, energy flows." Whatever you place your conscious awareness on, you will pull into your life. As you put your attention on fairies and gnomes and the elemental realm, they will respond by being drawn into your garden.
Flowers, Herbs and the Faeries
Through the centuries, Europeans made note of which plants were attractive to wee folk and which plants offered protection from Faeries. Remember that most flower faeries will reveal themselves in the colors of the flower itself.
Angelica - the faeries of this flower are very beautiful. These faeries bring good fortune and strong energy.
Basil - This faerie spirit is more of an elf form. Where ever basil grows, there usually is a dragon to be found serving as protector.
- Buttercup - These faeries are compassionate and empathetic towards humans.
Bluebell - If this flower rings in your garden, an evil faerie is near. One of the most potent of all the faerie flowers.
- Carnation - Red carnations draw faeries who enjoy healing animals.
- Clover - Wildly attractive to faerie life. Four leaf clover will break a faerie spell.
Cowslip - This is the best for attracting faeries into your yard. Loved and guarded by faeries. This flower has power to find hidden faerie gold.
- Daisy - This flower draws all faeries, elves and nature spirits.
- Dandelion - Said to be used by the faeries for making beverages.
- Dill - Faeries dislike the scent of this plant.
- Foxglove - A favorite of earth elementals. Worn by faeries sometimes as hats and gloves.
- Hawthorne - Sacred to faeries, as well as the May Queen.
- Heliotrope - A favorite of fire elementals.
- Gorse - Repels almost all faeries.
- Hollyhock - This is a favorite of faeries, especially the pink variety.
Iris - Iris was the Greek goddess of the rainbow, and the faeries of this flower manifest in all the colors of the rainbow itself.
- Lavender - The faeries of this flower and the other nature spirits it draws are very protective.
- Lilac - The scent draws faeries. The faeries of this flower are musical.
- Lily - Favorite of nature spirits.
- Lobelia - Attracts winged faeries.
- Marigold - The faeries and nature spirits associated with this flower hold the mysteries and magic of thunderstorms.
- Mistletoe - Attracts unpleasant tree faeries.
- Morning Glory - Repels unwanted night faeries.
Mushrooms - Used by faeries to mark the boundaries of their dancing circles and portals to their world.
- Pansy - Attracts parades of trooping faeries. This flower was used by Oberon as a love potion.
- Phlox - The faeries of this flower are of elf form. They are more of an overseer and guardian.
Primrose - Believe to give faeries their power of invisibility. If one touches a faerie rock with the correct number of primrose in a posy it opens the way to faerie land and faerie gifts. If you have the wrong number then you're doomed.
Ragwort - A rye-grass used by faeries as make-shift horses. In the 17th century states that the magic words used to make the stems fly were Horse and Hattock.
Rose - This is one of the most sacred flowers, the faeries and spirits of this flower have strong ties to their elder brothers and sisters, the angels. They hold the secrets to time and it's exploration.
- Rosemary - Gives protection from baneful faeries.
- Sassafras - A favorite of air elementals.
- Shamrock - Celtic faeries adore it.
Snapdragons - This plant and where it grows are often watched over by tiny dragons. The faeries and sprites of this flower have connections to the energies of all dragons and bring great protection.
Tulip - These faeries hold knowledge of the hidden significance of events, people and things.
- Violet - This flower is sacred to all faeries, especially the Faerie Queen.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2017 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Articles: Avalon & King Arthur
Articles: Fairy Kingdom