Category: Inspired Mind Written by Michelle Maros Hits: 1108
Lately I’ve been feeling super unfocused. The holiday season can have a way of doing this to us, right? So many thoughts telling us to do this, and to do that. It’s not great, and I don’t like the feeling, but I am vigilant not to be too judgmental on myself because of it. In the past I wrote about social media detoxing, and being mindful of the time spent on the Internet. Given that, for my work, I spend a lot of time on the computer, I tend to veer away from my “productive” time and more toward the entertaining, mindless aspects of the Internet. I’ve been letting my monkey mind go, and I have seen repercussions! I’ve noticed that my concentration isn’t what I know it can be, and my presence is certainly not at its highest.
We all have things that come into our lives and take us off our paths. We feel off-center or unbalanced, but it’s always okay because it’s in the awareness that we bring ourselves back. Focus is super important in peaceful, happy, living as it is the key component to your presence in life. Being in the present moment, with our whole being, to whatever task we are doing, and with the person we are with is our power. Actually, it is our superpower for life. What does your presence say about you? If you’ve been finding yourself distracted or off focus lately, don’t fret! This week, I have some tips for you on bringing yourself back into the present and being that magnificent, powerful person you’re here to be!
- Spend time with yourself (and just yourself). We seldom are alone, without other people, technology, and distractions. Make an effort to sit with yourself in stillness and in peace. This can be uncomfortable, and that’s okay. Practice training your mind to be still.
- Get clear. If you have tasks that need to be accomplished, be clear with what you need to do. Sometimes it takes writing things down to make it more official. Set guidelines and goals for yourself, and then when a task is completed give yourself a break!
- Practice being one-pointed. It’s really easy to have many different things going on at once. A lot of us think that multi-tasking is the way to efficiency. Distracted work doesn’t produce the best results; so try being focused on one thing at a time. In a conversation, give that person 100% of your attention. While you eat, focus on your food. Even while watching a movie or television program, focus just on that. Get in the habit of just settling into whatever you’re doing in a given moment.
- Declutter your space. My mind tends to feel a little chaotic when my living space is chaotic. Take a look around you and see if your environment is cluttered, it totally has an effect on the mind. If so, take some time to reorganize, clear out, and create space. You’ll see great results mentally and physically.
- Journal to release unnecessary thoughts. Personally, I know journaling is great for the mind, but it can be an effort for me to keep up with my journaling practice. When I don’t journal, I can feel my mind fill up with crazy thoughts. When you take pen to paper to release the thoughts in the mind, it’s almost like you are physically letting them go, creating space for new, positive thoughts. If you’re feeling stuck or unfocused, pick up a pen and just free write, don’t judge or edit what comes out, just let the words flow.
- Take some time to relax. Often if we’re losing focus, we have too much going on in our lives, and are frantic to keep track of it all. Being busy is great, but you must remember to take care of yourself. It’s okay to not get everything done in a given take. Cut yourself some slack. This is especially important during this holiday season when we feel pulled in many directions. Remember taking care of you first, gives you the energy to be there fully for the people in your life.
How do you bring yourself back when feeling unfocused or even unmotivated? Do any of these tips feel helpful for you? Let me know in the comments below, and have a great week!
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (4)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)