Category: Health Yourself Hits: 472
It's probably happened to you thousands of times over the course of your life.
With a sudden jolt, you're wide awake. You open your eyes and feel a little disoriented. It's still dark.
You wonder, "how long have I been asleep?" You turn over and check your clock only to find that you have awoken at exactly the wrong time.
It can be annoying, especially if you're wide awake, unable to return to sleep.
But when you stop and think about it, there might be a good reason for why you're suddenly waking up in the middle of the night.
The time of the night that you wake up actually has a great deal of meaning when you dive in and begin to understand it.
According to feng shui, an ancient Chinese practice, different hours of the night are associated with different aspects of your body and your mind.
Let's break down what each time of the night means for you.
If you wake between 9pm and 11pm
It's hands down the most annoying time to wake up.
You probably haven't been asleep for very long and now you have to start all over again with trying to fall back asleep.
But there may be something deeper happening that you're not quite realizing. If you're waking up between 9 and 11pm, it could be an issue with your thyroid.
During this time of sleep, your body's homeostasis is being rebalanced.
This is an average time that most people try to fall asleep. This is the time that our endocrine system rebalances and enzymes are replenished.
The endocrine system manages hormones and metabolism. If you have trouble falling asleep at this time, you could be stuck in a flight or fight mode.
You are still mentally stuck in the events of the day or already preparing for tomorrow's challenges.
Repeat positive mantras, and release the formations causing you tension.
So if you're having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, it may mean that your body, and specifically your thyroid, is having trouble restoring your body's balance in preparation for a good night's sleep.
If this is an issue, consider avoiding gluten for a short period of time and consume cruciferous vegetables raw if possible.
If you wake between 11pm and 1am
It could mean a few different things.
It's not uncommon for the body to jolt awake around this time if you've had caffeine a little too late in the day or had a few too many beers after dinner.
But there could be something else going on in your body causing you to wake up during this time.
Around this time of the night, your gall bladder is hard at work making sure your body is ready to digest the next day's food.
Something could be irritating your gall bladder if you're waking up around this time, especially if your stomach is a little upset as well.
If you wake often at this time it may be due to resentments you carry. This is the time in the 24 hour cycle that yin energy is turned into yang.
Yang energy is highly active, and your body is supposed to be storing this energy for the next day.
Reinforce self love and appreciation, doing your best to stay calm and conserve energy.
This is physically when the gallbladder is breaking down fats. You maybe are getting too much unhealthy fats or oils.
You may want to lay off fatty foods, high fat meats, butter, creamy foods, and chocolate before bed, or in general, if you're waking up between 11pm and 1am.
If you wake between 1am and 3am
The cause could be rooted in your emotions or your body. Usually during this time, you've had one to two full sleep cycles.
If your dreams have been harsh, like dreams of reliving painful experiences that have happened to you, it's not uncommon for the body to wake to give you time to process what you've been dwelling on.
But the issue could be internal as well.
The liver is always at work detoxing your blood and making up for some of your dietary mistakes.
If waste isn't being eliminated properly, you could find yourself waking around this time due to the strain put on your liver.
This is a crucial time for the body's detoxification and renewal process. Your liver is breaking down toxins and releasing toxins, while making fresh blood.
Waking during this time is normally indicative of anger, frustration and negative formations.
If you are not addressing these spiritual toxins, then your spiritual 'liver' is trying to call attention to these problems.
If you're concerned about your liver health, obviously go see a doctor.
But in the meantime, you can eat foods like leafy vegetables, avocados, citrus fruits, and garlic to maintain good liver health.
If you wake between 3am and 5am
Your issue could be physical or perhaps even spiritual. This period of the night is often called "the witching hour."
In the olden days, women caught out and about during this period of time were sometimes punished under the belief that they were performing witchcraft, thus the name of the hour.
From 3am and 5am, most people are asleep, which puts them in a state of greater spiritual openness.
Because of this, energies from the other side can start to creep into our world.
If you find yourself waking during the witching hour, it could be that someone who has passed on is trying to reach you.
This is the time that your lungs are under repair and flooding your body with oxygen.
Make sure that you are warm enough to help facilitate bodily functions.
If you wake during this time then try breath exercises.
Problems with the lungs are often related to grief and sadness.
The best way to fall back asleep during this hour is by shutting your eyes and spending time in meditation.
Messages that spirits are trying to communicate to you might reach you, and if anything, deep breathing and mind-clearing can help you drift peacefully back to sleep.
If you wake between 5am and 7am
it could be that you're unusually stressed out, anxious, or feeling guilty.
When there's a lot on your plate, your mind may naturally try to wake you up extra early so you can get a jump on dealing with all the things you have to do during the day.
It could also be related to anxiety, where the mind has been preoccupied on the things that make you anxious all night and it can't tolerate it anymore.
Thus, waking you up gives you the opportunity to work through and deal with these things.
Any toxins released and broken down earlier in the night are getting cleared out of the system.
The large intestine is active during this time. Eating a poor diet or too late can lead to problems that will wake you at this time.
If you wake up during this time, I strongly advise that you not try to go back to sleep but instead to let yourself wake up.
Take these early early morning hours to do some yoga, to meditate, to drink some tea or coffee and make yourself a very healthy breakfast with plenty of vegetables and protein.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2017 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: MORE Health Yourself Articles!
- 2017 (81)
- November (1)
- October (6)
- • Global Disease Study Reveals Poor Diet Is A Factor That Causes One In Five Deaths!
- • Reset Your Nervous System With 50 Deep Breaths
- • The Most Potent Plant Source Of Vitamin'C'
- • If You Wake Up At The Same Time Every Night, This What It Means
- • 6 Things Fit and Healthy People Do Differently
- • Meditation Literally Rebuilds Your Brain’s Gray Matter In 8 Weeks ~ Harvard MRI Study
- September (2)
- August (5)
- • The Japanese Practice Of Forest Bathing Is Scientifically Proven To Be Good For You
- • Scientists Have Discovered a Way to Destroy Cancer Tumors Using Nothing but Sound Waves
- • Study Exposes the Harmful Effects of Energy Drinks on the Heart
- • The Healing Properties And Benefits Of Aloe Vera
- • A Daily Walk Can Change Your Mind And Body
- July (13)
- • Canada’s Surprising New Proposed Health Guide Favors Plant-Based Foods and Ignores Industry Input
- • Stress - It’s Not in Your Head, it’s in Your Nervous System
- • Spiritual Meaning And Causes of Epilepsy (Seizure Disorder)
- • Holistic Healing – 6 Approaches to Try
- • Mass Protests Against Mandatory Vaccination Law In Italy
- • 31 Powerful Herbs and Supplements for Treating and Preventing Cancer Naturally
- • Applied Epigenetics: The Art and Science of DNA Activation, Healing and Repair
- • Would YOU choose to live forever?
- • Nine Major Diseases Linked To Meat Consumption
- • 3 Ways To Treat A Stomach Ulcer Naturally
- • Cure for AIDS? Bee Venom Destroys HIV Cells, Finds Washington University Study
- • Find Out Here What Baking Soda Can Do To Heal You - Baking Soda Is Truly Amazing!
- • Cancer Is A Fungus That Can Be Treated With Baking Soda! Italian Doctor Shocks The World
- June (8)
- • One Simple Step To Influence Your DNA
- • Gut Health - This Doctor’s Take Might Surprise You!
- • Live Free, Be Well
- • The Plant Of Immortality Can Cure Over 50 Different Diseases!
- • How to Live To Be 100
- • Hooray! Another Reason To Masturbate
- • Add 1 Spoon Of Honey In Water While Washing Your Face In Morning To Look Younger
- • Can Your Brain Learn To Respond To A Placebo?
- May (10)
- • Heal Yourself By Talking To Your Body
- • High & Low Blood Pressure | Atherosclerosis – Spiritual Meaning And Causes
- • My Eyes Changed Colour After Eating Raw Vegan For 6 Years
- • Distance Energy Healing - How Does it Work, How Long Does it Take & More
- • Eye Disorders - Glaucoma | Myopia | Strabismus – Spiritual Meaning And Causes + Prevention
- • Drink Glass Of Water At 6:00 AM! People All Over The World Are Doing This Now!
- • The Health Benefits Of Rubbing A Certain Finger For 60 Seconds - Japanese Healing Method
- • Pineapple Water Will Detoxify Your Body, Help You Lose Weight, And Reduce Joint Swelling And Pain
- • Grapefruit and Rosemary Water - For Weight Loss And Detox!
- • New Study Proves Meditation Can Keep Brains Young
- April (2)
- March (12)
- • Scientists Can Now Reverse DNA Aging in Mice!
- • 6 Signs That Energy is Being Released from the Body
- • Can Trauma be Passed on through our DNA?
- • The Healing Power of Serotonin
- • Scientists Find Blood From Vegans Is 8 Times More Protective Against Cancer
- • Inflammation Will Make You Age Faster. Here's Exactly What To Do About It
- • How to Spring Clean the Energy of Your Home
- • This Plant Makes Cancer Cells Disintegrate Within 48 Hours
- • Diet Responsible For 45 Percent of All Deaths From Heart Disease and Diabetes
- • 10 Relaxing Exercises for Your Eyes That Will Improve Your Eyesight
- • THIS Is What Happens To Your Body When You Chant “OM”…
- • How to Never Get Sick Again
- February (8)
- • Does Inhaling Pink Salt Really Clear Your Lungs?
- • This Body Part Predicts If You Will Die Of A Heart Attack
- • 5 Moves You Can Do At Home To Strengthen Your Core
- • One Tablespoon Of This Can Clean Out Your Bowels In Just 2 minutes!
- • Is African Marula Oil The Secret To Anti-Aging?
- • How A Greater Purpose In Life Protects Your Memory and Other Thinking Skills
- • Kegel Exercises For Bladder Control
- • Does Having Meaning In Your Life Keep You Healthy?
- January (14)
- • Lunar Beauty Rituals: Caring For Your Body Using the Cycles of the Moon
- • This Evening Trick Will Whiten Your Teeth By Morning
- • Clean Your Body From Parasites And Return To Your Normal Weight With These 2 Ingredients That You Always Have In Your House!
- • Lose Weight Just By Pressing This Point Near Your Ear
- • The Healing Power of the Akashic Records
- • Turmeric: 4 Benefits in Treating Depression
- • 7 Reasons To Do A Kidney Cleanse And What To Juice And Eat For A Good Flush
- • 4 TBSP. A DAY AND CANCER IS GONE: Russian Scientist Reveals The Most Powerful Homemade Remedy
- • Why People Who Take Naps Are More Productive: The Costanza Effect
- • Yes, You Can Manipulate Your Metabolism To Lose Weight. Here's How
- • This One Mineral Reduces Oxidative Stress, Repairs DNA, And Leads To Mechanisms Which Extend Life
- • Every Day Checklist for a Healthier Bod
- • Why You Can No Longer Ignore The Most Potent Way To Transform Your Health
- • Beginning Workplace Wellness in the New Year
- 2016 (51)
- December (4)
- November (5)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (7)
- • The Disturbing Facts Regarding The Refined Sugar Diet
- • Sungazing : NASA Confirms Super Human Abilities Received..
- • The Energetic Side Effects of Daylight Savings Time
- • Hand Reflexology : Press The Points For Wherever You Have Pain
- • Stop Using These 5 White Poisons
- • 82 Percent of Patients Managed to Avoid Root Canals Using These Ancient Medicinal Herbs
- • This New Toothpaste Now Puts Dentists Out Of Work
- February (15)
- • 5 Reasons Grounding Will Improve Your Health And Change Your Life
- • Theta Healing Technique – How Does It Work?
- • Apple Cider Vinegar: A Weight Loss Weapon
- • When Your Body Is Too Acidic, Learn To Quickly Alkalize It!
- • Grow Back Your Receding Gums In No Time With The Help Of These Natural Remedies
- • This Is Why You Should Be Sleeping On Your Left Side
- • Revisiting Masaru Emoto — The Nikki Owen ‘Apple Experiments’
- • The Many Ways Chronic Stress Makes You Sick
- • Sacred Sex: Is The Sex You Have As Safe As You Think It Is?
- • How To REVERSE AGING!
- • Conditioning Your Mind To Heal Your Body
- • Oil Pulling: Not Just for Oral Health?
- • 10 Benefits of Organic Coconut Oil
- • The Health Benefits of Olive Oil
- • How To Make Alkaline Water In Order To Fight Fatigue, Digestive Issues And Cancer
- January (9)
- • Train Your Brain to Fall Asleep in Just 60 Seconds With This Simple Method
- • Baking Soda: Home Remedies and Old Wives Cures
- • 3 Energy Medicine Techniques That Changed My Life
- • Learn To Detox From Sugar In Just 10 Days
- • Amazing Home Remedy: Stops Cancer and Heals the Whole Body
- • Study Finds Muscle and Strength Can Be Maintained Using Just Your Mind
- • Ancient Alternate Nostril Breathing Technique Provides Instant Drug-Free Anxiety Relief
- • This Slimming Detox Drink Relieves Bloating, Jump-Starts Weight Loss And Burns Fat Like Crazy!
- • How To Stop A Migraine Instantly
- 2015 (33)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- • The Impact Of Coffee On Your Adrenal Glands
- • Every Body Part Is In The Palm Of Your Hand – Press The Points For Wherever You Have Pain
- • The Real Truth About Cavities - Use this Magical Tooth Powder to Reverse Cavities Naturally
- • Put This Mixture Under The Tongue Before Sleep And Never Wake Up Tired
- October (4)
- September (1)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (4)
- March (2)
- February (4)
- January (3)
- 2014 (39)
- December (3)
- November (4)
- October (1)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- March (5)
- February (13)
- • When All Else Fails To Heal You
- • Could Tree Bark Keep You Alive?
- • More Americans Are Saying “No” to Water Fluoridation While Toxic Fluorinated Pesticides Are Still Allowed
- • Could Your Health Issues Be Due To an Imbalance of Your Body’s QI Ambassador?
- • Top Vegetarian Foods for Naturally Beautiful, Healthy Skin
- • 10 Anti Aging Ingredients in Skincare Products
- • 2 Real Life Examples of Mistletoe Wiping out Cancer
- • 6 Toxic Products to Eliminate in Your Home
- • 7 Ways That Love Is Good For Your Health
- • Orgone and Indoor Plants
- • 5 Things Healthy People Do Every Day Before Work
- • Fun Facts About Hugging
- • How To Solve 9 Sleep Problems
- January (5)
- 2013 (32)
- November (3)
- October (5)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (2)
- May (8)
- • Fifty Shades of Pink
- • Benefits of Relaxation
- • 4 Ways to Support the Largest Organ of Detoxification: The Skin
- • Science: Sunlight Could Reduce Death Rate From All Causes
- • Can Compassion Beat Botox in the Anti Ageing Stakes?
- • Did You Know: Natural Cancer Treatments are Hidden from You – But Why?
- • Three Super-easy, Super-convenient Ways To Prevent Cavities Naturally
- • Four Ways To Rid Your Body of Fluoride's Negative Effects
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (2)
- January (2)
- 2012 (7)
- December (2)
- November (4)
- October (1)
- 2009 (1)
- January (1)