Category: Runes Written by Jan Erickson Views: 1808
As a new week begins, let’s take a look at the upcoming esoteric influences. As always, I’m looking at each day’s numerology, Elder Futhark rune, and Moon information derived from both traditional astrology and Human Design’s use of the I Ching. The runes appear below.
Sunday, 12 January
- Numerology – 12/3 – catalyst, triple aspects, mind/body/Spirit, imagination, Jupiter, Capricorn, Triad, Gamma, analogy, Hecate, Norns, Aum
- Day – Sunday is a day governed by the Sun reflecting success, joy, protection, power, confidence, and health
- Rune – Berkano (18) – Earth, fertility, birth, family, protection, new beginnings, healing, growth, projects to fruition, birch tree
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 31 Line 6 Application suggests intentional use of hypocrisy to achieve the desired goal; Channel of Concentration active (9/52) a design of determination,
- Astro Moon Position – Leo – suggests creativity is high and you like to be the center of attention. Emotional expression is favored.
Although Leo typically acts with integrity, with the I Ching reference of application influencing, either we may behave hypocritically or experience that from others today. Manipulation may work in the interim, but it damages relationships in the end. Stay aligned in your truth and remain honest in your expression with others.
Monday, 13 January
- Numerology – 13/4 – Sun, Sagittarius, foundation, structure, sensation, materialism, Tetrad, Delta, divinity, masculine, robust, Mercury, justice, elements, seasons, Aum Mani Padme hum
- Day – Monday is a day governed by the Moon and involves healing and intuition along with feminine magicks
- Rune – Nauthiz (10) – Fire, Norn of the future (Skuld), friction within, inner fire, goals, protection, overcoming restriction, binding, positive change, need
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 4 Line 3 Irresponsibilitydescribes refusing to apply oneself; Channel of Concentration active (9/52) a design of determination, Channel of Logic active (63/4) design of mental ease mixed with doubt
- Astro Moon position – Virgo at 6:07 AM PST – focus on details today, routine, and health concerns. Reevaluate your approach to wellness. Avoid criticizing others.
Issues of structure or foundation may come into focus today and you may want to reevaluate your approach to wellness, both physical and spiritual. The I Ching positions seem to suggest that you may be somewhat torn between a determined focus and a refusal to apply yourself, the likely reason for the reevaluation in the first place. So, use the energy of Nauthiz to overcome self-imposed restrictions and embrace necessary change.
Tuesday, 14 January
- Numerology – 14/5 – change, Quintessence, Mercury, Cancer, feminine, elemental solids, pentagram, justice, protection, safety
- Day – Tuesday is governed by Mars and is filled with passion and energy
- Rune – Kenaz (7) – Fire, torch, light, illumination, clarity, revelation, healing, well-being, love, intuition, transformation, creativity, awakening
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 40 Line 1 Recuperation describes growing discomfort with isolation; Channel of Concentration active (9/52) a design of determination
- Astro Moon position – Virgo – your emotions may impact your health and you may become ill when stressed. Caution against over-worrying.
Although the Moon in Virgo suggests that change can be difficult, the I Ching channel of recuperation may signal that you’re ready to make some positive change. The light of Kenaz brings awareness, clarity, and healing, transforming your perceptions and healing doubt. Drop resistance and allow new perceptions to take hold.
Wednesday, 15 January
- Numerology – 15/6 – Higher Self, Venus, harmony, balance, perfection, Taurus, benevolence, peace, health, truth, perfection, marriage, rebirth, Merkaba
- Day – Wednesday is governed by Mercury and involves communication, reason, and intellectual expression
- Rune – Raidho (5) – Air, soul journey, partnership, process over goal, harmonious movement, integration, rhythm, cycles, justice
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 47 Line 4 Repression indicates oppression that overwhelms the individual’s self-expression Channel of Concentration active (9/52) a design of determination
- Astro Moon position – Libra at 7:44 AM PST – balanced, fair, artistic, harmonious, social, need for understanding, reciprocity, may have difficulty with decision-making.
Other than on Thursday, the Channel of Concentration is active every day fostering determination and focus and today, the focus is on balance and harmony. Any repression experienced is likely self-imposed and can be overcome by a focus on the process over the goal. Allow a Higher Self perspective to guide your path as well as your interactions with others.
Thursday, 16 January
- Numerology – 16/7 – magick, original creation, the balance between dark and light, Moon, Aries, communities, Zeta, Minerva, septenate universe, 7 Rays, 7 sacred planets, Pleiades
- Day – Thursday is governed by Jupiter and involves expansion and benevolence
- Rune – Laguz (21) – Water, intuition, flow, harmony, clairsentience, occult, assertive female, dream work, trance work, emotional balance, draw energy back to you, purification, cleansing
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 18 Line 2 Terminal Diseasedescribes the quintessential exercise in futility that is irreversible; Channel of Judgment active (18/58)
- Astro Moon position – Libra – balanced, fair, artistic, harmonious, social, need for understanding, reciprocity, may have difficulty with decision-making.
When Libra influences the Moon, our balance may be off and decision-making may be affected. That said, the way out is typically found within. Allow situations to find their own balance today, observing only. There may be nothing you can do to affect the situation, so staying out of the way could be your best option.
Friday, 17 January
- Numerology – 17/8 – practical matters, leadership, responsibility, Saturn, Libra, judicial power, intellect, universal harmony, cube, justice, regeneration
- Day – Friday is governed by Venus and involves love, balance, and harmony
- Rune – Thurisaz (3) – Fire, Thor’s Hammer, defense, new beginnings, protection, opposition, impulsive behavior, giants, chaos, weather magick
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 57 Line 5 Progressionindicates forward momentum that may be misguided; intuition is reduced by external factors; Channel of Concentration active (9/52) a design of determination
- Astro Moon position – Scorpio at 10:21 AM PST – emotions are in flux today and interactions may be difficult. Avoid an either/or struggle and view your experiences from a broader perspective.
Inner balance may prove difficult today if emotions run high or impulse control is lacking and intuition is suppressed. Although new beginnings are possible, you’ll need the power of Mjolnir (Thor’s Hammer) to break through obstacles that disturb your peace. Not all forward momentum is positive, so step back to gain a broader perspective should something not feel quite right today.
Saturday, 18 January
- Numerology – 18/9 – endings, completion, Mars, Scorpio, Theta, 9 Muses
- Day – Saturday is governed by Saturn and involves binding, slowing, and resistance
- Rune – Ansuz (4) – Air, Odin’s rune, divine message, Spirit communication, eloquence, creation, Higher Self, divinity, clarity
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 28 Line 2 Shaking hands with the Devil describes anxiety that occurs when higher principles are sacrificed when success isn’t ensured. Channel of Struggle, (stubbornness) active (28/38); Channel of Concentration active (9/52) a design of determination
- Astro Moon position – Scorpio – emotions continue to be in flux today and interactions may remain difficult. View your experiences from a broader perspective and don’t take the bait.
A higher perspective is available today should you choose its counsel. Again, as you may remember from Friday, progress may not always be positive, particularly if integrity is sacrificed in the progress. Take a step back today and reassess the situation in case something important has been missed. And if emotions run high, return to stillness before pressing on.
The struggle between ego and Higher Self is a real one and this week presents the opportunity to transmute ego into Spirit. However, the choice remains our own as to the direction we take.
The overall numerology for the week is six, or harmony, balance, benevolence, and Higher Self influence and could prove influential in reassessing our interactions with others. Hypocrisy is possible as is manipulation if a single-minded focus prevents us from seeing the broader picture. So take time for some inner work this week and find the balance you seek.
Until next time…
Blessings to all!
Jan: Witch, Empath, Herbalist, Author, Reiki Master, Kenpo Black Belt, Beekeeper, and Goddess Blessed
About Jan Erickson
Jan Erickson is an empath and a witch in her Crone years. She has a BA in Psychology, and facilitated her two sons' homeschooling efforts. Jan earned her Black Belt in Kenpo Karate in 1991, after which she taught along side her husband in their dojo. Herbalism has always been a part of Jan's life, and after suffering with rheumatoid arthritis for 13 years, she became a cannabis patient and healed. Living on the High Desert of Central Oregon with her husband of 40 years, Jan writes the blog, Stepping Aside, gardens, is a mom to bees and two sons, and continues to study herbs. And in July, 2017, Jan and her husband became grandparents!
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2020 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Crystal Of The Day!
Featured Articles: Runes
Runes Open or Close
Runes are a method of divination similar to the Tarot or the I Ching. The difference is that Runes are a set of 25 stones instead of 78 cards or a set of sticks with patterns. As with the Tarot, most of the Runes may be rightside up, or up side down, the meaning differing with the case. There are also some Runes that can not appear up side down. In practice, the Runes may be made of any material; ceramic, stones, sticks, or drawn on cards.Read More
- Divination Using Runes Open or Close
Runes originated with the ancient Etruscans and were spread upwards throughout the Alpine regions to Northern Europe via the trade routes. The Germanic tribes took them and adapted them to their own needs and uses. The oldest and most widespread of the Germanic runes are the Elder Futhark or Common Germanic Runes. The word rune, which occurs in various forms in Germanic and Celtic languages, means "a mystery" or "holy secret" that is "whispered".
Runes were traditionally carved into bone, wood or stone which accounts for their angular shape. The lack of curves made it easier to create the shapes in either hard wood or stone.Read More
- Divination Using Runes Open or Close
Who is Online Now
We have 1194 guests and no members online