Category: Runes Written by Jan Erickson Views: 1303
As a new week begins, let’s take a look at the upcoming esoteric influences. As always, I’m looking at each day’s numerology, Elder Futhark rune, and Moon information derived from both traditional astrology and Human Design’s use of the I Ching. The runes appear below.
Sunday, 19 January
- Numerology – 19/1 – Sun, Leo, new beginnings. wholeness, unity, self, intuitive knowledge, Monad, First Cause, Alpha
- Day – Sunday is a day governed by the Sun reflecting success, joy, protection, power, confidence, and health
- Rune – Nauthiz (10) – Fire, Norn (Skuld) rune of the future, friction within, inner fire, goals, protection, overcoming restriction, binding, positive change, need
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 1 Line 5 The energy to attract society describes the focus and endurance to remain in the creative process; Channel of Concentration (9-52) – design of determination
- Astro Moon Position – Scorpio until Sagittarius at 2:41 PM PST emotional drama and intensity giving way to a need for independence.
Creativity and drama seem to go hand in hand today, at least until the Moon travels into adventuresome Sagittarius and a new direction is possible. The Channel of Concentration is active for the next two days and along with Nauthiz, the Norn rune of the future, the inner friction and focus are there to make progress on current projects or to begin something new.
Monday, 20 January
- Numerology – 20/2 – duality, polarity, balance, reason, causation, Dyad, Beta, Moon, Aquarius
- Day – Monday is a day governed by the Moon and involves healing and intuition along with feminine magicks
- Rune – Sowilo (16) – Fire, will, Spirit, energy, self-confidence, healing, Higher Self, illumination, link between Spirit and form
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 34 Line 1 The indiscriminate use of power describes power resulting from frustration; Channel of Concentration (9-52) – design of determination
- Astro Moon position – Sagittarius – we experience an emotional need for independence and adventure today. Plan or take a trip to somewhere new.
Although the Channel of Concentration is still active today, we may experience frustration should our focus be so strong that we cannot see the bigger picture and mistakes could result. So use the Sagittarian influence to take a moment to step away from your thoughts and get away from the process entirely. Renew, refresh, and return when you’re ready.
Tuesday, 21 January
- Numerology – 21/3 – catalyst, triple aspects,mind/body/Spirit, imagination, Jupiter, Capricorn Triad, Gamma, analogy, Hecate, Norns
- Day – Tuesday is governed by Mars and is filled with passion and energy
- Rune – Raidho (5) – Air, soul journey, partnership, process over goal, harmonious movement, integration, rhythm, cycles, justice
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 5 Line 3 Compulsivenessindicates fear arising from perceived helplessness
- Astro Moon position – Sagittarius until Capricorn at 9:00 PM PST describes independence and adventure until later on in the evening when responsibilities are remembered.
Compulsive behavior may result if we perceive ourselves as helpless, so use the Sagittarian energy to speak truth to power. Not every goal needs to be reached at once and today is a day where the process is important. Working in conjunction with others may provide much-needed insight, support, and resolve.
Wednesday, 22 January
- Numerology – 22 – Master Number – Cosmic Builder
- Day – Wednesday is governed by Mercury and involves communication, reason, and intellectual expression
- Rune – Ansuz (4) Air, Odin’s rune, divine message, Spirit communication, eloquence, creation, Higher Self, divinity, clarity
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 11 Line 5 The philanthropistindicates harmony and nurturing from a humanitarian perspective; Channel of Curiosity (56-11) – design of the searcher
- Astro Moon position – Capricorn – security is derived through a structured approach.
Take time today to consider what you create each day. We not only have a 22 day, but a 22 year as well and what we build individually and together will take us into the future. The energies of today, from Gate 11 (illumination) and philanthropy as well as from the rune, Ansuz, the rune of Spirit, describe a higher perception at work. For today, as well as for the remainder of the year, we focus on that which will lift our Spirit as we move into a higher frequency of experience.
Thursday, 23 January
- Numerology – 23/5 – change Quintessence, Mercury, Cancer, feminine, elemental solids, pentagram, justice, safety, protection
- Day – Thursday is governed by Jupiter and involves expansion and benevolence
- Rune – Perthro (14) – Water, birth, womb, chance, well of Wyrd, childbirth, healing, understanding fate, cause/effect, synchronicity, cauldron, divination
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 38 Line 1 Qualificationdescribes reliance on intuition based on observation of the present moment when choosing an opposing position
- Astro Moon position – Capricorn – structure and limitation may factor into the day.
Limitation and chance…an interesting combination for Thursday’s expansive Jupiterian energies. Together they suggest change, although with some synchronicity thrown in for good measure. The clue to success involves our intuition and timing so that we make the most of whatever chances arise. Fate may truly be in our hands today.
Friday, 24 January
- Numerology – 24/6 – Higher Self, Venus, harmony, balance, perfection, Taurus, benevolence, peace, health, truth, perfection, marriage, rebirth, Merkaba
- Day – Friday is governed by Venus and involves love, balance, and harmony
- Rune – Hagalaz (9) – Water, Norn (Urdh) rune of the past, witch rune, Hella, destruction but within intentional boundaries, hail, celestial ice egg, protection, luck, trance work
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 61 Line 3 Interdependenceindicates the awareness that truth is interdependent and must be preserved through agreed-upon collaboration
- Astro Moon position – Capricorn until Aquarius at 5:21 AM PST – intellect may be preferred over emotions today, particularly if chaotic in nature.
Awareness can be learned or experienced, but today we learn that interdependence is required for progress. Of late, however, harmony with others has been challenging. Perhaps emotions have gotten away from us or we’re simply uncomfortable with any emotions expressed in the extreme. In any event, use the energy of Hagalaz to break down barriers but leave the essential framework in place.
Saturday, 25 January
- Numerology – 25/7 – magick, original creation, balance between dark/light, Zeta, Moon, Aries, Minerva, seven octaves, septenate universe, 7 sacred planets, Pleiades
- Day – Saturday is governed by Saturn and involves binding, slowing, and resistance
- Rune – Eihwaz (13) – Air/Fire; connection between opposites, as above so below, link between realms, trance work, protection
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 41 Line 4 Correction describes adaptation to limitation
- Astro Moon position – Aquarius – security is found through intellectual pursuits today.
Allow life to settle today and take an observer role. A higher perspective is available to assist us in maintaining a broader view. Work on intellectual pursuits that take a quiet focus and understand the greater message at hand.
All in all, it seems like a fairly uneventful week as long as we keep things in perspective. Perhaps respond less and observe more is the key to successfully navigating this third week of the new year.
Sign up for The Newsletter here:
Or sign up under each post or at the top of the side panel!One Last Thing…If you like, you can now become a patron and support my work on Patreon! Thank you for checking out my new page as well as content only patrons can access!
Until next time…
Blessings to all!
Jan: Witch, Empath, Herbalist, Author, Reiki Master, Kenpo Black Belt, Beekeeper, and Goddess Blessed
About Jan Erickson
Jan Erickson is an empath and a witch in her Crone years. She has a BA in Psychology, and facilitated her two sons' homeschooling efforts. Jan earned her Black Belt in Kenpo Karate in 1991, after which she taught along side her husband in their dojo. Herbalism has always been a part of Jan's life, and after suffering with rheumatoid arthritis for 13 years, she became a cannabis patient and healed. Living on the High Desert of Central Oregon with her husband of 40 years, Jan writes the blog, Stepping Aside, gardens, is a mom to bees and two sons, and continues to study herbs. And in July, 2017, Jan and her husband became grandparents!
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2020 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Crystal Of The Day!
Featured Articles: Runes
Runes Open or Close
Runes are a method of divination similar to the Tarot or the I Ching. The difference is that Runes are a set of 25 stones instead of 78 cards or a set of sticks with patterns. As with the Tarot, most of the Runes may be rightside up, or up side down, the meaning differing with the case. There are also some Runes that can not appear up side down. In practice, the Runes may be made of any material; ceramic, stones, sticks, or drawn on cards.Read More
- Divination Using Runes Open or Close
Runes originated with the ancient Etruscans and were spread upwards throughout the Alpine regions to Northern Europe via the trade routes. The Germanic tribes took them and adapted them to their own needs and uses. The oldest and most widespread of the Germanic runes are the Elder Futhark or Common Germanic Runes. The word rune, which occurs in various forms in Germanic and Celtic languages, means "a mystery" or "holy secret" that is "whispered".
Runes were traditionally carved into bone, wood or stone which accounts for their angular shape. The lack of curves made it easier to create the shapes in either hard wood or stone.Read More
- Divination Using Runes Open or Close
Who is Online Now
We have 1259 guests and no members online