Category: Inspired Mind Written by Michelle Maros Hits: 868
Although we are different and unique people, fulfilling incredibly amazing purposes on this earth, we all share a common desire: happiness. We all greatly want to be happy, feel fulfilled, and have a sense of satisfaction when it comes to our lives and the legacies we leave. In my opinion, happiness isn’t all of a sudden obtained one day magically as if out of nowhere, it is continuously cultivated throughout life’s journey.
Sometimes on this journey we get in our own way and block the happiness and things we truly seek. There is one common habit that I have been witnessing everywhere, within everyone, that is completely robbing people of their joy, clarity, purpose, and even their sense of reality.The habit in question is comparison, but more specifically, comparison within social media, and the lives we portray on the internet.
Comparing ourselves to others is nothing new. We know it leads us down dark, sad roads. I think that there is a new genre of comparison in this era that stems from social media and the internet. Never before have we been so connected with one another. We are able to share every thought, idea, photo, and experience. I think it’s truly wonderful to have this connection, but it also sets us up for some serious comparison and competition.
Where social media is concerned, you often hear about the race to get the most likes, followers, and shares. You hear about people wanting to experience Instagrammable moments, be involved in trendy photographable experiences, and always being camera ready. You hear about people communicating about the perfection of their lives, and you only see a one-sided story through their lens of what they want you to see.
This week, my desire is to help you all cope with the comparative thoughts we all have, so that we can truly get back onto the path of happiness. Whenever you start to compare yourself to others remember:
―Your path is your own.
―You are exactly where you need to be in this moment.
―You are good enough and capable enough to achieve what you desire.
―There is room for everyone to achieve their dreams.
―One person’s success doesn’t take away from your own.
―You do not have to conform to anyone else’s timeline.
―Trust that life is unfolding exactly as it should.
When social media starts to trigger comparison:
―Know your limits and triggers.
―Come up with creative affirmations to counteract any negative thoughts.
―Replace internet time with self-care practices.
―Set boundaries for time spent on social media.
―Know that life is not meant to be picture perfect in every moment.
―Remember that social media is a highlight reel, not the full picture of people’s lives.
―Realize life is not meant to be picture perfect in every moment.
I hope this helps you begin to notice and curtail comparing thoughts! Remember you are amazing and unique just as you are! We all love hearing and seeing from you everyday in your own authentic way.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (12)
- March (3)
- February (2)
- January (7)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)