This article was posted by CrystalWind.ca.
5 Tips For Whenever You Are Feeling Overwhelmed
Category: Inspired Mind Written by Michelle Maros
I recently received a memory notification on my phone from the start of the pandemic in 2020.
I was flooded with emotions and feelings reliving that time, and subsequently what transpired from then until now. It’s hard to comprehend the time that has passed, what we’ve lived through, and somehow how we’ve managed to persevere in all aspects of our lives.
The past few years have been overwhelming, to say the least, but again, we persisted. During these intense moments in time, I like to remind myself that I’ve made it through 100% of my worst days, and that’s a pretty good stat to hold.
Those bad, overwhelming, uncomfortable life moments make us feel like there is no way out or though, but it’s my job to help you find some tangible, practical ways to maneuver through it, to make it feel maybe a teensy bit easier, and to help you to see the bigger picture of it all, the light at the end of the darkness.
This week, I wanted to put forth some tips for managing the undoubted overwhelm that will come your way, at one point or another. Overwhelm tends to bubble to the surface when there’s too much energy and information, and not enough stillness to process and proceed.
It is my hope and intention for you all this week to quell the feelings of overwhelm so that you can be a steady pillar of strength and trust, as we move through life.
- Carve out some time for silence and stillness.It is in these moments that we can see and hear clearly. That we can know what’s true for us, that we can understand the actions to take, and that we can cultivate the strength and bravery to take the next step.
- Cultivate positive self-talk.I know this sounds cliche, especially at this time in life, but I urge you to hear me out! It’s even more important now to be your very own cheerleader. Remind yourself of your capabilities, that you can handle so much, that you alreadyhave handled so much, that you are always stronger than you think. In these make-or-break moments, we tend to flounder when our minds give up on ourselves. Give yourself the leg up, and train your brain to be your best advocate in these times.
- Remember that you don’t have to have it all together.I keep telling myself that, there is no guidebook for maneuvering through life. And it’s true. We all have unique paths, with unique circumstances, no one else knows what it’s like to be us, so why would we ever expect to be perfect and maneuvering through it! It’s okay if you’re a mess, we are all a mess! It’s okay if you mess up, we all will Release the need to be everything, and focus on one thing, and then the next thing. You can do this!
- Make your tasks manageable.In times of uncertainty and change, it always feels like there’s so much to do and not enough time. That frantic energy of scarcity and lack makes us feel worse than we already do. Make a schedule for yourself if that gives you peace of mind. Dole out tasks for each day. Give yourself bite size chunks so that tasks feel easier to swallow. Life doesn’t ask for us to be superheroes every day, it’s just asking for us to be human, and to remember our humanity. We can’t do it all and be it all, all it once. But we can get a lot done when we know ourselves enough to give us the tasks in a manageable way.
- Be a source of strength for others.Sometimes we get wrapped up in our own dramas and we feel like there’s nothing we can do. One of the biggest sources of energy and strength for me at this time is being of service to those in my personal life and in my community. Reach out to a friend who might be having a hard time and offer an ear. Offer to bring over some groceries to someone who might not have the time to make the stop. Get creative with how you can be helpful. When we reach out to those we care about, we are also reaching back in to care for our souls. I do truly believe that we are all in this together, and so when one of us thrives, we all will thrive. We can be that source of love and happiness for one another.
Remember that we are all just doing the best we can with what we’ve been given. Remember to be kind, be patient, and understanding with others. Be compassionate towards those around you, but also for yourself. Remember your strength and resilience and know that it will take you far.
© 2023 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved. We track all IP addresses with sniffer technology. Using a Proxy/VPN will not hide your IP address.
Spirit Animal Totem Of The Day!
Crystal Of The Day!
Who is Online Now
We have 907 guests and no members online
Featured This Month
Bright Beltane Blessings!
The wheel turns to Beltane, also known as Mayday, marking the beginning of S... Read more
The Time of No Time: Beltane!
Around the medicine wheel of life we go, from season to season (solstice to ... Read more
Budding Trees Moon
Red Hawk - Fire Opal - Dandelion - Yellow March 21 – April 19 The Budding Tr... Read more
The Crystal Wind Oracle Card Deck
The Crystal Wind Oracle™ The Crystal Wind Oracle Myth & Magic Card D... Read more
Sun in Aries
Aries March 21 through April 20 An Overview of Sun Sign Characteristics for A... Read more
The Mythology of Aries First things first, when referring to the mythology ... Read more
The Emotional Balancer Stone Green Aventurine is perhaps the best balancing... Read more
Aries Spiritual Stone - Eudialyte
Eudialyte Birthstone: Aries Planet: Mars Element: Fire Chakra: Heart E... Read more
The Blood Energizer Stone The combined colours of bloodstone allow it to fu... Read more
Birth Totem - Falcon
Birth Totem Falcon Birth dates: March 21 – April 19 Birth Totem is: Falcon... Read more