Category: Buddhism Views: 2002
Instructions for Life by The Dalai Lama
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
Follow the three R’s:
- Respect for self,
- Respect for others and
- Responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and
think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
- If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
About the author - The Dalai Lama
Tenzin Gyatso, is a revered, internationally known spiritual leader. His Holiness adheres to the Three Main Commitments in Life. His first commitment is the promotion of human values such compassion, forgiveness, tolerance, contentment and self-discipline. His second is the promotion of religious harmony and understanding among the world’s major religions. The third is his commitment to the Tibetan issue. He will act as a spokesman for the Tibetans struggle for freedom until a solution is reached. His Holiness says he will carry on with the first two commitments until his last breath.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2020 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Crystal Of The Day!
Who is Online Now
We have 973 guests and no members online