Category: Crystal Tools Views: 2807
Crystal vibrations facilitate meditation by helping you relax into a quiet state of mind, focus on an intended goal and ground you. They also help heal you emotionally, spiritually and physically. You can use one crystal or a combination of crystals.
1. CHOOSE YOUR CRYSTAL
Trust your instincts when selecting a crystal for meditation. If you are naturally attracted to certain gemstones, they will likely be what you need. Even if you are shopping on-line and are never in the same room with the crystal, you will probably be drawn to the right crystal. Do some research on the crystal to find out more about it and how it can help you.
- Amethyst crystals encourage a calm state of mind, strengthen efforts to overcome addictions and improve circulation.
- Carnelian gemstones improve concentration and focus. They also encourage motivation and provide protection from negativity directed toward you by others and yourself.
2. CLEANSE AND PROGRAM
Cleanse, clear or charge your crystals before you begin using them. They will probably be carrying some negative energy from being mined and processed. Clearing them will give them a fresh start and renewed energy.
Program your crystals after they are cleared, if you wish to use them during meditation to achieve a specific goal. Be sure to select a crystal that is naturally inclined to support that goal.
- Citrine is ideal for meditation focused on issues that stem from abuse of power. It will raise self-esteem and help you feel more self-empowered. This is a seeker crystal that will help you get a fresh start.
- Rose quartz crystal meditation eases the release of anger, fear, jealousy or resentment to bring a more peaceful state of mind. It is a seeker crystal for change in health, relationships and situations.
- Clear quartz is the master healer crystal. It serves as an amplifier for your goals. This is also a seeker crystal that is excellent for new beginnings.
3. GET GROUNDED
Grounding or earthing is an extremely important part of meditation. It helps you come back to yourself and stay "present." An ungrounded state will have negative effects on your mind and body. Dizziness, feeling scatter-brained, forgetful or "not all there" are common symptoms of being ungrounded. You may eventually experience a sort of unintentional "travelling" where you have a momentary sense of being somewhere else, if you are ungrounded for too long.
Ground yourself before you begin meditating and when you finish. Walking barefoot outside in the grass or in the water at the beach are excellent ways to ground yourself. If this is not possible, begin your meditation with your bare feet flat on the floor. Visualize all of your energy draining down through your feet to a spot about 1 foot below each foot. Imagine that you are a tree with your roots growing deep into the ground and your "branches" or arms reaching high up to the sky. Continue visualizing your energy going deep into the ground until you feel a loving energy coming back up through your feet into your body.
Some crystals used in meditation are very helpful with the grounding process. Most black crystals are ideal for this.
- Almandine garnet and black andradite garnet are excellent grounding stones. Almandine garnet also improves willpower and black andradite garnet encourages higher thinking and self-empowerment.
- Turquoise is a more colorful gemstone that helps keep you grounded during meditation. It is especially useful during deep meditation in the search for inner wisdom and a greater sense of inner peace.
4. CARVE OUT SOME ME TIME
Set aside time for meditation. You must have at least 5 to 10 minutes of uninterrupted quiet time. Find a comfortable area and position.
- Sit in a comfortable chair with your feet on the floor.
- Sit on the floor in the lotus position.
- Lay on your back if you are more comfortable.
Experiment with different positions. You must be comfortable and able to relax. Sitting in an uncomfortable position will make meditation difficult. Playing soothing music may help you relax to reach a meditative state more quickly.
5. FOCUS ON THE CRYSTAL
Hold the crystal, wear the crystal or have it near you. Holding the crystal in both hands in front of you is fine or you can even hold it in one hand. You can wear a crystal pendant to keep it on your body and leave both hands free. Setting the crystal directly in front of you on a table or altar works fine, too. As long as the crystal is close enough to be within your aura, it will work.
Quiet your mind and let all of your energy drain away. Take a deep, cleansing breath in and slowly let it out as your body relaxes. Imagine excess energy draining out of your body down your arms and legs. Ignore any lingering chatter. The laundry, dishes and errands can wait. It may help to visualize batting the chatter away if it is persistent.
Focus your mind on your crystal. Let the energy flow up your arm or into your aura. You may keep your eyes open so that you can actually see the crystal or close your eyes and visualize the crystal in your mind. Try it both ways and go with what works best for you.
Direct the crystal energy to wherever you need it in order to accomplish your goals.
- Visualize and feel the energy going to the source of your pain if you are doing a healing meditation.
- Visualize and feel the crystal energy enveloping you if your goal is relaxation and peace of mind.
- If you are attempting to open and clear your chakras, visualize the crystal energy flowing directly into the chakra.
- When meditating in an attempt to understand a situation, visualize the energy flowing directly into the deep recesses in your mind.
- Visualize the energy flowing through your body and out the top of your head toward the heavens if you are attempting communication with spirit entities.
6. FINISH YOUR SESSION
Let the flow of crystal energy slowly dim when you are finished. You can meditate for 30 minutes or more when your schedule allows. If this is the case, you will feel finished when it is time. Set the crystal down. Give each part of your body a gentle wake-up shake or nudge starting with your head and working your way down. Stand up and have a good stretch.
Do not be alarmed if you begin to see colors during and after meditation when you use crystals. This is actually a good thing. The colors could be in the form of shapes or just blobs. They may mean that an area is healing. Each color corresponds with a chakra. For example, green or pink means the healing is taking place at the heart chakra while blue means it is at the throat chakra. You may also develop a greater awareness of your rhythmic breathing and even your own heartbeat as you develop better concentration and awareness. Seeing patterns of moving lights indicates that you are beginning to achieve a deeper level of concentration.
"Meditation is the only means to the harmonious development of the mind, body and soul." Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
© 2017 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Crystals In Depth
We have 1187 guests and no members online