Category: Moon Cycles Written by Jamie Partridge Views: 2639
The full moon on Friday April 19, 2019 at 29° Libra is opposite Uranus. This means your need for change, excitement or freedom could make you restless and impulsive. Unexpected events and unpredictable behavior could add much tension to close relationships.
The April 2019 full moon also highlights relationship imbalances involving emotional support and love. Asteroid Hybris conjunct the full moon calls for compassion and humility to replace overconfidence and arrogance.
Full Moon Meaning
A full moon occurs when the Sun is opposite the Moon. This highlights opposing forces or polarities in your life such as your work versus home, or what you need versus what you want. Inner tension and external pressures can lead to personal conflict and crises that drain your energy. Your home, family and intimate relationships comes into sharper focus following a full moon.
The lunar qualities of emotions and instincts reach their peak at a full moon. Use you increased emotional strength and intuition to overcome any relationship challenges. Subconscious awareness allows for an impartial and balanced look at your personal relationships. You will clearly see any relationship dynamics or negative feelings causing disharmony.
Full Moon April 2019 Astrology
The April 19 full moon at 29°06′ Libra makes aspects to Venus which rules love and Uranus which rules change. Unfortunately, both aspects are challenging so this full moon could bring relationship uncertainty and tension.
Uranus Change and Uncertainty
Sun conjunct Uranus brings excitement, unexpected change and freedom. You should feel a strong urge to break free from routine, doing something totally different from your normal activities. But with Moon opposite Uranus, unexpected changes and upsetting disruptions could bring restlessness and nervous tension.
Flexible and open-mindedness will increase the likelihood of more pleasant surprises and thrilling experiences. But if this impulsive energy affects your ego, you could take unnecessary risks or rebel against authority. Aggressive reaction and conflict may follow, with danger to yourself and your reputation.
Moon opposite Uranus can cause emotional upsets and relationship turmoil. Impulsive reactions and emotionally based decisions could turn a minor drama into total chaos. So take extra care when making important decisions, especially about relationships.
A strong need for independence can also be a strongly disruptive force. Unexpected events, mood swings or emotional detachment can put a lot of strain on your home and family as well as intimate relationships.
Venus Love and Self Worth
Moon quincunx Venus increases your need for love and affection but also increases relationship tension, especially involving women. Tension rises because of an imbalance involving emotional support and love. The amount of loved received is not the same as the amount given.
Seeking satisfaction elsewhere would involve secrecy and the risk of being caught. Emotional comfort may even be sought in sweet food or drugs. Even if you don’t have any problems with others, you could still experience an internal imbalance involving self-love and self-image.
Karmic imbalances may be related to a family member, possibly your mother. Addressing unresolved issues from this relationship is the key to resolving other challenging imbalances in your life. An interfering or overly possessive mother is one challenge you may have to face. Infidelity, addiction or health issues are other possible sources of relationship tension that you may need to deal with.
Asteroid Hybris at 28°47′ Libra is conjunct the full moon. Asteroid 430 Hyrbis is named after the Greek goddess Hubris, representing extreme or foolish pride, dangerous over confidence and arrogance. It usually brings about the downfall, or nemesis, of the perpetrator of hubris.
In ancient Greek, hubris referred to actions that shamed and humiliated the victim for the pleasure or gratification of the abuser. The term had a strong sexual connotation, and the shame reflected upon the perpetrator as well.
Today, hubris denotes overconfident pride and arrogance associated with a lack of humility and sometimes ignorance. Hubris is often followed by suffering or punishment (nemesis in Greek mythology).
Find asteroid Hybris in your chart:
- Create your chart HERE.
- Choose “Extended Chart Selection”.
- Under “Additional objects” type 430 in “Manual entry”.
Full Moon Summary
The strongest influence on a full moon is always Sun opposite Moon which brings relationship into focus. The next strongest influence on full moon April 2019 is Uranus. Sun conjunct Uranus puts the focus on your need for change, excitement and independence.
Moon opposite Uranus makes you more restless and impulsive. It makes other areas of your life, especially intimate relationship, more sensitive to moods and behaviors.
The full moon quincunx Venus highlights imbalances in love relationships which further increase tensions. Flexibility will help you make adjustments in response to changing circumstances. Compromise and love will help restore the karmic balance.
Asteroid Hybris conjunct the full moon warns against foolish pride, overconfidence and arrogance. Keep this in mind if your ego begins to get carried away by Uranus excitement and impulsiveness. “Pride comes before a fall.”
A full moon has a relationship to the previous new moon. Your April 5 new moon goals can now be fine-tuned or completed, it is harvest time. You can make emotional adjustments in response to those new goals. The April 19 full moon lasts for two weeks up to the May 4 new moon.
- Previous Moon Phase: New Moon 5 April 2019
- Next Moon Phase: New Moon 4 May 2019
- 2019 Moon Phases Calendar
Full Moon April 2019 Times and Dates
- Los Angeles – 19 April, 4:12 am
- New York – 19 April, 7:12 am
- London – 19 April, 12:12 pm
- Delhi – 19 April, 4:42 pm
- Sydney – 19 April, 9:12 pm
My name is Jamie Partridge and I live on the coast of NSW Australia with three amazing kids. I’ve had an interesting life so far, with varied occupations ranging from nursing assistant to farm hand.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (38)
- July (3)
- June (6)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (87)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (8)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (6)
- January (8)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)