Astral projection (or astral travel) is an interpretation of out-of-body experience (OBE) that assumes the existence of an "astral body" separate from the physical body and capable of traveling outside it. Astral projection or travel denotes the astral body leaving the physical body to travel in an astral plane. The idea of astral travel is rooted in common worldwide religious accounts of the afterlife in which the consciousness' or soul's journey or "ascent" is described in such terms as "an... out-of body experience, wherein the spiritual traveler leaves the physical body and travels in his/her subtle body (or dreambody or astral body) into ‘higher’ realms." It is frequently reported in association with dreams, and forms of meditation.
This results in an altered state of consciousness. There are a large amount of techniques in Astral Travel that can be used to achieve this including meditation, trance and imagination techniques.
A large amount of people who experience astral travel report that the experience happened from a vantage point such as high in the sky looking down. A number of controlled tests have taken place which support the existence of astral travel.
Astral Travel has also been reported by some people who have had a near death experience. Some people who have had this type of experience have reported watching their operation and recalling conversations among hospital staff.
The astral body is often reported as being joined to the physical body by a silver cord - an etheric umbilical cord. Some people believe that if the cord breaks while in astral travel you will not be able to return to the physical body.
- You need to be calm and very relaxed when you Astral travel.
- You should not be over full in the stomach or feeling hungry.
- Practise Astral Travel only when your mind can be focused.
- Make sure the room temperature is comfortable.
- Do not get too excited or fired up.
- Stay balanced.
- People who are having relationship problems usually have difficulty in projecting.
- Build a support system around you on this. Talk to others about astral travel. Join a newsgroup.
- Do not use astral travel for the wrong reasons.
Archive: Astral Travel
- ► 2017 (1)
- ► 2015 (4)
- ► 2014 (1)
- ► 2011 (1)
- ► June (1)
- ► 2009 (1)
- ► February (1)