Category: Journeys Hits: 1790
When you make an important choice in your life, you are actually choosing between two possible futures. As soon as you have made the choice, one possible future falls away. Right? Or does that alternative future exist as well, in a parallel world, and is it experienced and lived through by another part of you? According to the"many worlds theory" in physics, every time a choice moment comes up, a split in the universe takes place: the various possibilities coexist in parallel worlds. What, spiritually speaking, is the meaning of parallel worlds and how can we experience this meaning in our daily lives? That is the central question of this article.
In the world of science of the 1950’s, the so called "many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics" was formulated. This theory states that as soon as there is a moment of choice in the universe, the universe splits. Both possibilities then coexist in parallel worlds. According to this theory, the universe consists of an infinite collection of worlds. Our cosmos is only one of those worlds. Since the introduction of the "many worlds interpretation", the popularity of this theory has been growing among scientists. And by way of science fiction books and movies, the theory has also become known to a wider audience.
Although this theory, spiritually speaking, has very interesting consequences, it is a scientific theory. It does not speak of the inner meaning of the existence of parallel worlds. Science does not consider it to be its task to reflect on the meaning and the implications of parallel lives for our day-to-day lives.
What does the many worlds theory imply for our understanding of the soul? What do parallel lives mean to the development of our consciousness? Why does the soul choose to experience one life in various ways?
Parallel lives do not exist independently of each other, but are – as everything in the universe is – internally connected to each other. They all belong to you. As such, they serve a purpose: they enlarge the field of experience for your soul, and with that, the growth of consciousness.
The soul experiences the physical world through us. We, as humans, are traveling on one possible road through time. In this context, it is more appropriate to speak of one possible "timeline", and our current life is one such timeline. At the moment we make an important choice in our lives, a division of timelines occurs. There is the line on which you experience choice A and there is the line on which you experience choice B. We as humans are not aware of the second timeline that we are not experiencing, but our soul is. For her, that second timeline is just as real as the original one.
Not all timelines that spring from the choices we make during our life are equally important for the soul. Some are more defining than others. We can compare this with the days of our lives: some days – our wedding day, the days on which our children are born – are deeply meaningful to us and we do not forget them. Many other days go by routinely and are forgotten. Of course, these routine days also have their function in the whole; they create quiet growth and integration that lead up to those special moments. The same principle applies to timelines.
Timelines split in moments of choice that call up intense emotions. Imagine that after a deep inner struggle you decide to quit your job and dedicate your life to your passion: you become a painter. There is also a timeline where you stay at your office job. Life as a painter is emotionally intense; it comes with fear and insecurity on the one hand and deep inspiration and fulfillment on the other hand. The timeline on which you work at an office and do not take too many risks, is less intense emotionally, but there you also gather valuable experiences. This timeline can be compared to a less eventful day in your life, while the timeline as an artist can be compared to a sensational, memorable day.
Earth as a multi-dimensional house
From the perspective of the soul, the Earth is not a "thing", not a clump of matter, but a multi-layered realm of experience, a field of endless opportunities in which the human mind can explore itself. The soul is curious and wants to enrich itself with the experience of multiple timelines. It would be a shame to use the magnificent earthly personality with all its potential – you – for only one possibility. That would be an enormous loss of potential. The earthly reality – the Earth itself – was made to eneable us to explore all these possibilities because, again, the Earth is not a thing. At the level of the soul, all possible timelines are experienced simultaneously. The Earth is the vast experiential space in which this whole of timelines takes place.
To understand this, we have to realize that, even according to science, mind – or spirit – is more fundamental than matter. Matter is actually not that material, quantum mechanics teaches us. From a spiritual perspective, matter is created for the human mind/spirit to explore itself in all its endless facets. The goal of the mind is - by experiencing itself in the material world - to become completely aware of its inner potential. That potential is infinite, which is why material reality is also infinite and much richer and more complex than we can imagine.
As human beings, we may have the idea that matter limits us. For instance, we would like to fly as birds, but we cannot, while in our dreams we can. In reality, the material limitations of the Earth realm ensure that we experience certain aspects of life very intensely. To give an example: if we could do anything, and did not have to cope with our vulnerable bodies and human emotions, we would never discover our courage. We need limitations to discover this quality in ourselves. In Goethe's words: "It is in working within limits that the master reveals himself" (In der Beschränkung zeigt sich der Meister). Because of the limitations of the material world, we need to awaken and nurture inner qualities such as intuition, understanding and courage. We can compare life n Earth to playing an intricate and rich game. All games have certain rules. On the one hand, those rules are limitations, but on the other hand, they make the playing of the game, with all its joy and excitement, possible.
On other timelines of our current lifetime, different aspects of our personality are experienced, which lead to the awakening of other inner qualities. The game is played in a different way there, and the soul enriches itself by absorbing all the various outcomes.
One human lifetime is like a house with a limitless number of rooms. Every room shows us another aspect of our inner reality and is designed to lead to awareness of a specific facet of our being. In this way, the existence of parallel worlds is an instrument for the soul that promotes the expansion of awareness.
The meaning of parallel lives for your present personality
Experiencing parallel lifetimes not only enriches the soul, it also has value for our daily lives. Our soul is experiencing all those timelines and we, as a human being, are connected with our soul. That is why, at a deep level, we are also connected with those other lives of ourselves.
Our parallel lives can inspire us and give us strength. They may be the explanation for unexpected talents, but can also be the cause of misunderstood fears. A continuous energetic exchange takes place between the various timelines. We are a team working on the same project, so to speak.
Some choices lead to a calm and stable life, in which few notable things happen. That timeline can emit a certain calm to other timelines, where life occurs in a more turbulent way.
It can also happen that certain talents are developed on a timeline. For instance, someone decides to live in France and learns French on that particular timeline. On other timelines of that same life, there may be a natural feeling for the French language and culture.
How can we connect with the beneficial aspects of our parallel lives?
- Bring yourself into a calm state by physically relaxing in a quiet space. Then in your mind’s eye go back to a moment in your life where you made an important choice. Let go of all judgments you may have about that choice. Just see it as two possibilities; one is not any better than the other. Feel at peace with both possibilities. Accept the existence of both.
- Then imagine that you are floating up. Look at the moment from above. Try to internally raise yourself to the level of your soul. See that two roads stem from that moment, each with its own experiences. One is the road you have chosen, the other is the alternative.
- Focus on the alternative. Feel its energetic charge. What does it radiate? How do you feel there? What experiences are you gathering there?
- Allow those experiences to be; say "yes" to them internally. Feel how those experiences can enrich you and make you stand in life differently. Dive into that other timeline completely for a moment.
- Look at the energetic exchange between your current timeline and the alternative timeline. What can you learn from that other timeline, and what message do you have for that other timeline?
© Gerrit Gielen 2014 www.jeshua.net
Permission is granted to copy and redistribute this article on the condition that the URL www.jeshua.net is included as the resource and that it is distributed freely. E-mail:
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Andels Journeys
- 2018 (17)
- December (1)
- November (1)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- 2017 (41)
- December (1)
- November (5)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (3)
- June (8)
- • The Trap of Righteousness
- • The Commercialization of Spirituality - A Multi-Billion Dollar Corporate Takeover!
- • Loneliness
- • The Masks Are Coming Off - Unveiling False Teachers
- • The Dynamics Of Fear In Fear Inducing Times
- • 10 “Spiritual” Things People Do That Are Total Bullshit
- • Karma Teaches Jerks A Valuable Lesson In Life
- • Is The New Spirituality Just A Trend?
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (3)
- 2016 (29)
- December (5)
- November (3)
- October (3)
- August (1)
- June (1)
- May (1)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (6)
- • My Pleasure
- • Vancouver Man With Stomach Cancer Is Selling Unconditional Love On Craigslist For $0
- • Carefree People Don’t Have Attachments - Here Are 25 Reasons Why
- • Are Family Members Toxic? 10 Things to Remember
- • The World As We Know It Has Changed And There Is No Going Back To What We Were - 6 Predictions
- • How To Get More Energy: 8 New Secrets Backed By Research
- 2015 (50)
- December (4)
- November (6)
- • Neutrality — The Gateway To Transcend The Matrix
- • Soul and Personality
- • Dalai Lama on Paris & Syria – A Message for Peace
- • Know Yourself. Heal. Self-Liberate. Experiment. Build Community.
- • Groundbreaking Discovery: Man Solves Tesla’s Secret To Amplifying Power By Nearly 5000%
- • Johnny Depp Intends To Buy Site Of Wounded Knee Massacre And Gift It Back To The Native American People
- October (10)
- • Waking Up The Goddess: Where Men Meet Women
- • Why we cry
- • You’re Not Wrong
- • Canada’s New PM Issues Challenge to US – “We’re Ending Wars and Legalizing Pot”
- • Meet the USA's First School District to Serve 100% Organic Meals
- • Going Through Shadows: The Vortex Of Transformation.
- • The Rise of Lowsumerism
- • There is something extraordinary happening in the world
- • Three Ways Canadian Thanksgiving Differs From American Thanksgiving
- • Leonardo DiCaprio - Bring Down Big Oil Corporations
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (6)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (5)
- January (4)
- 2014 (56)
- December (2)
- November (4)
- October (4)
- September (5)
- • Water on Earth predates Sun, meaning our life originated elsewhere – study
- • Buffalo Treaty: Native tribes sign bison revival plan in US and Canada
- • US to pay largest Native American nation $554 million in landmark settlement
- • Being Vegan and Raw Vegan Lifestyle
- • New Experiment Will Answer Some Mind-Bending Questions On Whether We Live In a Hologram
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (4)
- May (2)
- April (3)
- March (7)
- • Spring Into the Adventure! How the Symbolism of Frogs Can Support Us Through Change
- • The Gateways Are As Open As You Are
- • Shifting Seasons And Time…..
- • Marching Forward
- • Stanford Physicist: Vast, Powerful Realm Between Particles Influenced by Human Consciousness
- • We Are Living In The Most Important Time In The History Of The Universe - Dolores Cannon Discusses Our Current Paradigm
- • Creating A Path Where There Is None
- February (9)
- • February Update
- • Finding Direction When You Feel Lost
- • How Our Narratives Inform Our Hopes for Change
- • Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Mitigation
- • The Alchemy of Responsible Reflection
- • How You Attract Information In A Vibrational Universe
- • 'You shall not pass!' Native American groups vow to block Keystone XL pipeline
- • Architecture of the Light
- • Meeting Our Past Selves Outside Of Time
- January (10)
- • Journey to the Enchanted Forest – Your New Moon & New Year Power Animal Awaits
- • Year of the Horse is Upon Us – Ready, Set, Go!
- • The 118 Days of Creation
- • How Much Are You Filtering Your Truth? – Image Alterations Aren't Just For Big Media Anymore
- • Eight Signs You May Be Experiencing a Spiritual Awakening
- • 13 Signs You’re a Witch
- • How To Tell If You Had A Past Life In Atlantis
- • How Do I Know If It’s My Soul or My Ego Talking?
- • The Baby and the Bath Water
- • The Foundation for All Healing
- 2013 (104)
- December (12)
- • Activate Your Creative Power With Conscious Intention
- • Riding the Train of Life – Symbolism to Navigate the Tracks of Your Journey
- • Are We the Makers of Our Own Fate?
- • Lighting Your Truth to Freedom, Passion & Inspired Leadership – Closing Chapter 2013 to Write Chapter 2014′s Lively & Instinctual Year of the Horse
- • The Power of a Poor Night’s Sleep
- • Why Entrepreneurship Is A Spiritual Expression Of Freedom
- • Death and Dying from a Shamanic Perspective
- • Sliding Home For Christmas
- • The Solstice Vibe
- • You’re Only As Strong As Your Weakest Link But As Wise As Your Strongest
- • The Speed of Infinity
- • World Aids Day – December 1st
- November (29)
- • The Courage To Live Box Less -- Getting Outside The Label Labyrinth
- • The Quantum Leap Ascension Process
- • Toronto Named Most Youth Friendly City
- • Thanksgiving Day Recalibration
- • Stop Looking And See
- • Getting the Doomsday Hunger?
- • What I Hope to Be Next Year
- • At The Point of No Return
- • The Faery Referral Network
- • Thoughts on Compassion and Detachment
- • Top Ten Myths About Being a Psychic/Healer
- • Tell the “Lords” of Karma That You Are Sovereign – No Longer a Lightworker Part 2
- • Where New JFK Evidence Points - 50 Years Later + Videos
- • 3 Reasons Why It’s Better to NOT Manifest a Soul Mate Relationship
- • 10 Tycoons Who Meditate Daily To Keep Up With Their Hectic Business Life
- • Why We Should Rethink What We've Been Told About Consciousness
- • The Value of “Sloth” – Expanding Our Perceptions for Greater Wisdom
- • Why Your Voice Matters and How To Get Heard
- • Breaking the Barriers of Belief
- • Stop Being "Positive" & Start Getting Real (Joy) In Your Life
- • Are We Living in the Matrix?
- • Is the Sharing Economy Here Yet?
- • Find Your Power in Self-Sufficiency
- • Heads Up
- • Plants Exhibit The Same Senses As Humans And See, Touch, Smell, Hear and Even Taste
- • Healing The Wound(s) Within The Heart Chakra
- • True or False? I Am Perfect Just As I Am
- • Indigenous Elders and Medicine Peoples Council Statement on Fukushima
- • A Phoenix Rising - A Recommended Read
- October (18)
- • 20 Good Reasons to Have Clear Personal Boundaries
- • Let Go of Who You Are to Become What You Might Be
- • How to Be Happy: The 10-Day Happiness Challenge
- • The Law of Assumption
- • A Message from the Faeries
- • New Device Stores Electricity On Silicon Chips
- • The NAME
- • 6 Big Excuses That Can Derail Your Life
- • A Clean Break
- • An Original Blueprint
- • Your Angry Voice Demolishes Your Brilliant Argument
- • Where the Action Is NOW– Relationships
- • Homo Luminous: The New Human
- • The Two New Humanities
- • How Do I Discern the Real from False?
- • Walking on Sacred Ground
- • Not All Have Halos
- • AGAIN, Remember Who You Are
- September (14)
- • Be Careful of How You Use Words!
- • Frequency Gates – What The Heck Are They?
- • Following Our Joy to Find Freedom
- • You`ve Been Warned: Why You Need To Be Ready for Total Grid Failure
- • Spirituality and Ethics in Business
- • Life – The Projection From Within
- • 10 Ways to Shift Your Consciousness
- • The Fall Inside
- • Fall Equinox-The Gate Closes
- • Self Honesty May Deepen the Bliss Into Actualization and Full Embodiment
- • Changing Dynamics of Relationships
- • Biophotons
- • Autumn Equinox 2013 Cosmic Weather Forecast
- • Autumn Equinox: The Archangel Michael Meditation
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (3)
- May (12)
- • How Gratitude Can Help You Through Hard Times
- • The World of Opposites: A New Take
- • The God Gene
- • Souls of Animals
- • What If Television News Disappeared?
- • Every Warrior’s Achilles Heel
- • Building Your Spiritual Muscles
- • Transmuting Collective Human Consciousness By Channeling Light
- • Is DMT the Gateway to Hell?
- • The Psychological Crossroad of An Unhappy Life
- • Science Finds Fountain of Youth Brain Region That Slows Down Aging
- • Remember The Power Of The Voice
- April (6)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- December (12)
- 2012 (3)