Written by Tess DiNapoli Views: 1005
Customizing a photo wall or making an album of keepsakes is a great way to showcase your memories and capture your adventurous spirit.
Photographs reflect who you are and where you’ve been. When it comes to displaying your memories, the options are endless. We’ve hand-picked five of the most unique ways to display your photos.
Some of these add a modern look while others are more vintage, but all of them will make your room picture-perfect and fill it with a sense of joy. The best part is you can create most of these displays by yourself.
1. The Photo Shelf
This is the easiest way to display right now if you already have a bookshelf in your home to work with. If you have built-in cabinets or shelves in your space, even better. Use an existing bookshelf or buy a new one and combine your books with select photos to display. Here’s how to create a working photo shelf in your home:
- Place your canvas pictures or framed photos on the shelf alongside some favorite books.
- For a more minimalist look, remove some of the books and leave just a few as focal points, with photos filling in the empty spaces between.
- To add a twist, create photo wallpaper or stickers and fit them on the shelf or a wall behind as a neat background – or try a floating shelf for fun!
This is an easy DIY way to display photos. You can have fun with it by moving photos around, and you’ll never get bored because you can change your arrangement anytime.
2. Photo Grids
You can pay tribute to your family in a variety of ways, but using an empty wall space and thoughtfully-selected photos is our favorite. You’ve likely seen photo grids on display in museums or other public spaces. Here’s how to create your very own:
- Choose eight or more photos and arrange them grid-style on your wall.
- Experiment with their placement by printing them in different sizes to add variety to the look – they don’t have to be uniformly organized.
- Create an eclectic look with frames of different shapes and colors on the wall or leave gaps in between.
We’ve seen some interesting trends with photo grids lately. You can use Polaroid pictures for a more vintage appearance or create a photo grid within a frame or clothesline and pegs. The options are endless!
3. The Photo Line
This is a simple way to hang your memories on the back of a door, in the office, or on the side of a shelf. You can hang a photo line vertically or horizontally to suit your space. It’s easy to do by yourself with a few items from the local craft store:
- To hang vertically, use wire or twine and pins to hold the photos in place.
- For a horizontal clothesline display, hang from end-to-end like a banner and attach the photos using pins or miniature clothing pegs.
- Experiment with small and large prints to create focal points on the line for variety.
Use a thin wire for a more modern appearance or some twine if you’re looking for something a bit more rustic. We’ve seen photos strung up vertically on a ladder farm-house style and even a photo mobile complete with crystals hung in between for ambiance.
4. Using Feng Shui Techniques
Sometimes it isn’t just how you display your photos but where. You can use simple feng shui principles to decide on the best location for your photos within your living space.
- Place photos in a room where your family gathers and feels happiest.
- Attract chi energy by placing photos adjacent to a window and letting the light come in.
- Choose family photos where all members in the photo are happy and in good health.
There are also some places you should avoid hanging certain types of photos according to feng shui. When it comes to family photos, avoid placing these keepsakes in areas such as the bathroom, across from an oven, or on a fireplace.
5. Custom Magnet or Wallpaper
You can throw caution to the wind and jump onto this maximalist trend easily by creating your very own custom magnet or wallpaper photo to display photos where they normally wouldn’t fit. Here are some examples:
- Make an oversized magnet for your dishwasher, oven, freezer, or even your garbage bin, and display a larger-than-life burst of color when you would normally see plain old stainless steel.
- Print your own custom wallpaper and use it to decorate a blank wall, boring staircase, or other area.
- Print your photos onto mini magnets and use them to decorate your fridge or other magnetic surface – they make great gifts too!
Some other interesting ways we’ve seen photo displays: on coasters, mugs, music boxes, jewelry, or even custom clothing!
Now that your creative energy is flowing, start printing your favorite photos and make your space reflect who you are with a truly unique photo display.
Author Bio: Tess DiNapoli is an artist, lifestyle writer, and content strategist who loves exploring new places. She has a passion for yoga and often writes about health and wellness, but also enjoys covering the fashion industry and the world of fitness.
This article is written exclusively by Tess DiNapoli for CrystalWind.ca. © 2023 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved. Do Not Copy.
© 2023 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved. We track all IP addresses with sniffer technology. Using a Proxy/VPN will not hide your IP address. This post first appeared on CrystalWind.ca.
All post and information provided within this blog is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this website. Please consult with your healthcare professional before making any dietary or lifestyle changes or taking supplements that may interfere with medications. Any products or information discussed are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any illness, disease or lifestyle. Please consult your physician or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and wellbeing or on any opinions expressed within this website.
Spirit Animal Totem Of The Day!
Who is Online Now
We have 1012 guests and no members online