Written by Tess DiNapoli Views: 1510
Most of us, if we’re honest, are “snooze button” people. We’ll hit that button repeatedly, having calculated the minimum amount of time required to prepare ourselves and fly out the door.
I used to be a snooze-button person, too. Then, I realized I was my own worst enemy! Instead of getting up and getting going, I was undermining myself. I’m not saying you need to greet the day at 5:00 AM. I’m just saying that the time you have available in the morning is a tool. When you use morning time well, it’s a sure thing you’ll feel more energetic and engaged throughout the day. Let’s read on to find out how to make the most of your morning routine!
A Good Morning Starts the Night Before
If you’re not getting enough sleep, you can’t possibly hope to establish a healthy morning routine. Sleep is one of the most important components of health, right up there with exercise, drinking enough water, and nutrition. Here are some things you should be doing at night to ensure a great start to your day:
- Give yourself a bedtime. You need to get about 8 hours of sleep, each night. So set your alarm clock, get those hours, and don’t hit that snooze button!
- Turn off the television, your computer, and your phone 1 hour before bedtime. Take a shower or bath to relax or read a book. Electronically generated light can disrupt your sleep cycles.
- Keep the room you sleep in cool. You’re more likely to get the sleep you need. A cooler body temperature allows you to produce more melatonin (your body’s own sleeping potion).
- Lay out the clothes you’ll wear the next day. Make sure they’re clean and ironed. Isn’t that smarter than listlessly rummaging through your closet in the morning, making yourself late for work?
How to Fool Yourself Out of Bed
Getting out of bed when you should is tough for many people. But if I can do it, you can too! Fool yourself into it. All you need are a couple of sneaky little hacks like these:
- Before you hit the hay, program your coffee machine. Set it to a few minutes before your alarm goes off so the wafting scent greets you as you wake up. So sneaky!
- Put those bunny ear slippers next to the bed. This is a simple act of self-care. Those fuzzy slippers will warmly greet your feet as they hit the ground to start the day cozily.
- Lay out your housecoat at the foot of the bed or somewhere it’s easy to find with your eyes at half-mast. Snuggle into it, slippers on, and coffee ready. Magic!
Eat a nutritious breakfast, especially on workday mornings. Whole wheat toast, oatmeal, a breakfast sandwich, or a smoothie bowl with seasonal fruit and a dash of black seed oil are all great options. And any fruit you eat in the morning is doing your body a huge energy favor, so add fruit to whatever you’re having! Add a supplement to oatmeal or yogurt to boost your energy even further, maximizing your breakfast.
Having only coffee just won’t cut it, friend, so make sure you make time for breakfast. Your brain and body need it. And remember being cranky mid-morning because you’re hangry isn’t professional. Be a professional. Eat breakfast.
Make Space for Morning Movement
Movement makes your morning better, your day better, and everything else better too. Movement in the morning is uplifting, getting your muscles warm and ready for the day. Stretching, Yoga, a brief jog or run, or any other activity helps your body transition to wakefulness.
The benefits of morning exercise are almost endless. Your mental acuity and focus are improved, which contributes to productivity and work quality. You’re alert and your body feels ready for the day. That alertness will permeate everything you do over time. Exercise drastically improves your holistic health, making you stronger, more effective, and much healthier, even in small doses.
Get Off Transit Before Your Stop
While the weather where you live won’t always allow it, getting off transit before your stop lets you enjoy a brief morning walk. Think about it. You probably sit most of the day at your job. Enjoy the view and be part of the morning world as you walk part of the way to work. And who knows, you may find yourself wanting to get off the bus earlier and earlier until you’re walking or biking to work from home.
Flip the Script
A morning routine that’s calm, orderly, and self-nurturing is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. An intentionally pursued morning routine can flip the script in your attitude, well-being, and stamina. You’ll be clearer, less anxious, and more in control of your day because you’ve already set the tone. Here’s to less chaos and more nurturing calm in your morning routine, setting you up for a great day!
Author Bio: Tess DiNapoli is an artist, lifestyle writer, and content strategist who loves exploring new places. She has a passion for yoga and often writes about health and wellness, but also enjoys covering the fashion industry and the world of fitness.
This article is written exclusively by Tess DiNapoli for CrystalWind.ca. © 2023 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved. Do Not Copy.
© 2023 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved. We track all IP addresses with sniffer technology. Using a Proxy/VPN will not hide your IP address. This post first appeared on CrystalWind.ca.
All post and information provided within this blog is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this website. Please consult with your healthcare professional before making any dietary or lifestyle changes or taking supplements that may interfere with medications. Any products or information discussed are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any illness, disease or lifestyle. Please consult your physician or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and wellbeing or on any opinions expressed within this website.
Spirit Animal Totem Of The Day!
Who is Online Now
We have 1027 guests and no members online