Category: Personal Development Written by Maggie Holmes Views: 1155
While style over 50 used to mean something drab, it certainly does not anymore! Today's woman feels, thinks, and looks younger than her age.
We share with you the biggest secrets for a perfect look!
Ankle Length Trousers
Ankle-length trousers are a must-have for women over 50. They’re stylish, flattering and comfortable. The key to making them work is choosing the right pair for your body type. For example, if you have a wider lower half, opt for a pair with a higher waistline and straight leg (not narrow or wide). If you have slimmer legs, look for slim cut pants that taper at the ankle (or choose styles that are cuffed). Ankle-length trousers also look best on smaller frames; if you’re tall or large boned, they can make your legs appear stumpy and short.
Scarves, cardigans and blazers with a pop of color
If you love scarves, cardigans and blazers, but you’re feeling like things have gotten a little stale lately, it might be time to add a pop of color. If you’re not sure how to pull it off without looking garish or overdone, don’t worry! I’ve got some style secrets that will help you turn your wardrobe around in no time.
When adding a pop of color to an outfit, stick with one bold item per piece (scarf, cardigan or blazer). Keep the rest of the look neutral so that the colorful statement pieces can stand out on their own.
Do not use more than three colors at once. Too many hues can make an outfit look juvenile or even clownish — especially when they are mixed together in various layers (scarf + cardigan + blazer)!
The Perfect Pair of Jeans
The perfect jeans for you are:
- Darker, which helps blur imperfections and create a streamlined look.
- High-waisted, which are more comfortable and help smooth out your midsection.
- Slightly stretchy so they move with you. They shouldn't be too tight.
Make sure your leggings aren't see-through. Nothing kills an outfit faster than someone getting an eyeful when you bend over! Black or grey are classics for a reason. If you're not confident in your ability to pull off patterns (especially busy patterns), stick with these two neutrals. Add color through your accessories instead!
Avoid wearing short tops with leggings—it just doesn't look right on most women over 50—but if you want the illusion of shortening up those legs, wear ankle boots instead of flats or tennis shoes with your leggings!
Tunics should hit mid-thigh if they're going to be paired with leggings. A tunic that comes down right above the knee will make your legs look stumpy; one that hits at mid-thigh will lengthen them and make you feel great about how much longer they seem!
Focus on neutral colors and classic pieces that will never go out of style. You can add a pop of color with your jewelry or accessories.
Don't be afraid to wear a skirt. After 50, women may feel like they should only wear pants, but it's OK to rock a skirt every now and then if it makes you feel good!
Trying out a new hairstyle is also a good way to look younger. Longer hair can even help cover up sagging skin on the neck, if that's something you're self-conscious about.
Jewelry will make you shine! Choose a piercing, because it is never too late to express your style in the best way. When choosing an ear piercing, go to a professional such as Blomdahl.
And finally, don't be afraid to try out a new look in general! It's never too late to change your style and start anew.
Avoid loud makeup and accessories
The secrets of looking great in your 50s:
- Focus on eyebrows, eyes, and lips: Darken brows, eyes, and lipstick as much as possible without overdoing it. Stay away from waxy matte colors like black or dark brown or green eyeliner or mascara; instead go for shimmery gold or silver shades. You'll look younger at the same time; it's the perfect combination.
- Avoid heavy makeup: Too much makeup can give you an aged-looking appearance even if you don't have any wrinkles yet! Makeup should emphasize your features rather than cover them up.
- As a result of applying too much makeup to conceal wrinkles instead of highlighting them with shadows and texture, if you draw attention to yourself in this way when you aren't wearing any makeup at all then other people will just think that you look tired instead.
- It's important to remember that most women over 50 have some lines but these can be minimized by using natural products for your skin care regime which will help make wrinkles appear smaller naturally!
- Use less thick lip balm: The top lip is usually fuller than under the rest of your face so this area needs less moisture because it doesn't need as much nourishment as areas where there are fewer fat cells such as around your chin area! Using moisturizing lipstick will also help create better definition in these areas which gives face a youthful appearance.
Some women may be embarrassed by the thought that they are "too old" to wear certain styles or colors. That is completely false! The sky is the limit when it comes to fashion over 50.
Maggie Holmes is a passionate blog writer who is extremely keen on writing about home improvement and lifestyle. Her exclusive hobby is to surf the net to find amazing articles that can inspire her with some fresh ideas for article writing. She loathes being a common person who wastes her time. Follow her on Twitter.
This article was submitted exclusively to CrystalWind.ca by Maggie Holmes.
© 2022 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved. Do Not Copy.
CrystalWind.ca is free to access and use.
All post and information provided within this blog is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this website. Please consult with your healthcare professional before making any dietary or lifestyle changes or taking supplements that may interfere with medications. Any products or information discussed are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any illness, disease or lifestyle. Please consult your physician or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and wellbeing or on any opinions expressed within this website.
Spirit Animal Totem Of The Day!
Who is Online Now
We have 1538 guests and no members online