Category: Journeys Hits: 2241
What does it mean to know something? How do we know what we know?
Should we be content on understanding through books, gurus, and proverbs? Is it through experimentation, observation, or hearsay?
If spiritual attainment is so easy that one can read from a book, why has no one gain enlightenment through it? Surely, it would be the number 1 selling book in the universe.
Perhaps there is something more than merely absorbing information. And that spiritual principles, having transcended forms and language, are understood in a different way.
Most Spiritual Teachings are Common Sense
Have patience. Let go. Learn to be tolerant. Have gratitude. Stay in balance. Be in the present moment. Etc.
Many people will nod to this as it will resonate with them.
While some may keep these teachings, most will forget it and live as though never having known it.
If spiritual principles are so simple, why do we still struggle with it (including myself)?
By now you may realize that knowing is not enough.
Knowing More Than Knowledge
There is more to knowing than understanding with our intellectual brain, than just reading, watching, or listening, than merely reciting and memorizing facts.
Is it not true that all information we absorb are memories of some sort? And that memories are often deleted and distorted?
We take knowledge or information from the external world and interpret it according to our beliefs, attitudes, language, state of mind, bias, world view, etc.
The information we took can be true or false. Even scientific facts once known could be overthrown by new theories, systems and models.
How can we really know whether its true and real? We cannot know as long as we depend on the external world.
All external information can do is form an intelligent opinion on the matter. But opinion is not knowing.
You can read all about kindness and what it means to be kind. But this does not mean that you know kindness.
It is for this same reason which many religious folks can recite the doctrine word-for-word but continues to rage war against themselves and others.
Let’s take another example: Confidence.
How do we come to know confidence? We may read many articles about confidence, find out the body language of confidence, how confident people talks, etc. Then we try to emulate it by what we read or watch.
But does that make us confident?
I assure you that confident people are not thinking about their body language, voice and tone, signs of confidence, or how confident they came across.
Nor do kind people think about how kind they come across, the signs of kindness, levels of kindness, etc.
Rather, they seem to know without knowing. They understand at a deep level and radiate confidence or kindness in respect.
To truly know, they have become the thing in which they know.
The End of Theoretical Knowledge
“Don’t go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, ‘This contemplative is our teacher.’ When you know for yourselves that, ‘These qualities are skillful; these qualities are blameless; and these qualities are praised by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to welfare & to happiness’ — then you should enter & remain in them.” – Kalama Sutra
I might also add that one should not readily accept from hearing and reading except when we have realised it within ourselves.
Why should we not be content with theoretical knowledge? To know by that which we call “knowledge”?
Theoretical knowledge is what you know by understanding the concept of it.
For example, we may come to know the concept that there is only the present Now, yet, we may continue to be fearful of the future or stuck in the past.
While having understood the concept, it is not a part of you. It’s only true as a concept – something that is out there. It is not, yet, real since we have not grasp the concept within our hands and impart it inside us.
A blueprint is only a drawing of a building, it is not the building itself. We do not know it, we only know about it. And knowing about it is not the same as knowing.
What constitutes theoretical knowledge? Scientific theories, philosophical arguments, spiritual speculations, and folk superstitions are some of the things we can understand the concept of but can never fulfill us.
Even what you are reading right now may or may not be a theoretical knowledge depending on the insight you receive.
When theoretical knowledge ends, spiritual knowledge begins.
Spiritual knowledge cannot be imparted from man to man. It can only be guided for others to realise it themselves.
Some of you who have read this will resonate with these words immediately. Others will not no matter how it is explained.
For man cannot understand more than he himself is.
It takes more than knowledge to understand spiritual principles.
To understand by words from a book or taught by somebody is like the surface of a well. But how deep the well goes depends on our experience.
Spiritual knowledge cannot be attained through books but found through our own soul.
We must not only grasp the knowledge through the brain but through the heart, knowing intuitively the truth of what we read. To not believe in it but to understand it as if we have lived it.
It is why they called the “path of enlightenment” as self-realisation because you are not really learning something new but remembering the age old wisdom.
Reading can Help but It Is not the Path
Surely, we must start somewhere.
But reading and listening is not the destination. It is not the path. It’s a guidepost – a reminder.
For those who can resonate with certain spiritual truths, they can find it in any book, find it with the highest teachers and with the humblest being, and perhaps in a speck of dirt in nature.
And those who cannot understand it will not find it even if they have with them the greatest book in the world…until the day they realised it themselves.
Once understood the spiritual knowledge, it is forever ingrained in us.
No theory, systems, arguments, opinions, and views can refute it for we have entered the light and seen it for what it truly is.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Andels Journeys
- 2019 (7)
- 2018 (18)
- December (2)
- November (1)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- 2017 (40)
- December (1)
- November (5)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (3)
- June (8)
- • The Trap of Righteousness
- • The Commercialization of Spirituality - A Multi-Billion Dollar Corporate Takeover!
- • Loneliness
- • The Masks Are Coming Off - Unveiling False Teachers
- • The Dynamics Of Fear In Fear Inducing Times
- • 10 “Spiritual” Things People Do That Are Total Bullshit
- • Karma Teaches Jerks A Valuable Lesson In Life
- • Is The New Spirituality Just A Trend?
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (2)
- 2016 (29)
- December (5)
- November (3)
- October (3)
- August (1)
- June (1)
- May (1)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (6)
- • My Pleasure
- • Vancouver Man With Stomach Cancer Is Selling Unconditional Love On Craigslist For $0
- • Carefree People Don’t Have Attachments - Here Are 25 Reasons Why
- • Are Family Members Toxic? 10 Things to Remember
- • The World As We Know It Has Changed And There Is No Going Back To What We Were - 6 Predictions
- • How To Get More Energy: 8 New Secrets Backed By Research
- 2015 (50)
- December (4)
- November (6)
- • Neutrality — The Gateway To Transcend The Matrix
- • Soul and Personality
- • Dalai Lama on Paris & Syria – A Message for Peace
- • Know Yourself. Heal. Self-Liberate. Experiment. Build Community.
- • Groundbreaking Discovery: Man Solves Tesla’s Secret To Amplifying Power By Nearly 5000%
- • Johnny Depp Intends To Buy Site Of Wounded Knee Massacre And Gift It Back To The Native American People
- October (10)
- • Waking Up The Goddess: Where Men Meet Women
- • Why we cry
- • You’re Not Wrong
- • Canada’s New PM Issues Challenge to US – “We’re Ending Wars and Legalizing Pot”
- • Meet the USA's First School District to Serve 100% Organic Meals
- • Going Through Shadows: The Vortex Of Transformation.
- • The Rise of Lowsumerism
- • There is something extraordinary happening in the world
- • Three Ways Canadian Thanksgiving Differs From American Thanksgiving
- • Leonardo DiCaprio - Bring Down Big Oil Corporations
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (6)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (5)
- January (4)
- 2014 (56)
- December (2)
- November (4)
- October (4)
- September (5)
- • Water on Earth predates Sun, meaning our life originated elsewhere – study
- • Buffalo Treaty: Native tribes sign bison revival plan in US and Canada
- • US to pay largest Native American nation $554 million in landmark settlement
- • Being Vegan and Raw Vegan Lifestyle
- • New Experiment Will Answer Some Mind-Bending Questions On Whether We Live In a Hologram
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (4)
- May (2)
- April (3)
- March (7)
- • Spring Into the Adventure! How the Symbolism of Frogs Can Support Us Through Change
- • The Gateways Are As Open As You Are
- • Shifting Seasons And Time…..
- • Marching Forward
- • Stanford Physicist: Vast, Powerful Realm Between Particles Influenced by Human Consciousness
- • We Are Living In The Most Important Time In The History Of The Universe - Dolores Cannon Discusses Our Current Paradigm
- • Creating A Path Where There Is None
- February (9)
- • February Update
- • Finding Direction When You Feel Lost
- • How Our Narratives Inform Our Hopes for Change
- • Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Mitigation
- • The Alchemy of Responsible Reflection
- • How You Attract Information In A Vibrational Universe
- • 'You shall not pass!' Native American groups vow to block Keystone XL pipeline
- • Architecture of the Light
- • Meeting Our Past Selves Outside Of Time
- January (10)
- • Journey to the Enchanted Forest – Your New Moon & New Year Power Animal Awaits
- • Year of the Horse is Upon Us – Ready, Set, Go!
- • The 118 Days of Creation
- • How Much Are You Filtering Your Truth? – Image Alterations Aren't Just For Big Media Anymore
- • Eight Signs You May Be Experiencing a Spiritual Awakening
- • 13 Signs You’re a Witch
- • How To Tell If You Had A Past Life In Atlantis
- • How Do I Know If It’s My Soul or My Ego Talking?
- • The Baby and the Bath Water
- • The Foundation for All Healing
- 2013 (100)
- December (12)
- • Activate Your Creative Power With Conscious Intention
- • Riding the Train of Life – Symbolism to Navigate the Tracks of Your Journey
- • Are We the Makers of Our Own Fate?
- • Lighting Your Truth to Freedom, Passion & Inspired Leadership – Closing Chapter 2013 to Write Chapter 2014′s Lively & Instinctual Year of the Horse
- • The Power of a Poor Night’s Sleep
- • Why Entrepreneurship Is A Spiritual Expression Of Freedom
- • Death and Dying from a Shamanic Perspective
- • Sliding Home For Christmas
- • The Solstice Vibe
- • You’re Only As Strong As Your Weakest Link But As Wise As Your Strongest
- • The Speed of Infinity
- • World Aids Day – December 1st
- November (29)
- • The Courage To Live Box Less -- Getting Outside The Label Labyrinth
- • The Quantum Leap Ascension Process
- • Toronto Named Most Youth Friendly City
- • Thanksgiving Day Recalibration
- • Stop Looking And See
- • Getting the Doomsday Hunger?
- • What I Hope to Be Next Year
- • At The Point of No Return
- • The Faery Referral Network
- • Thoughts on Compassion and Detachment
- • Top Ten Myths About Being a Psychic/Healer
- • Tell the “Lords” of Karma That You Are Sovereign – No Longer a Lightworker Part 2
- • Where New JFK Evidence Points - 50 Years Later + Videos
- • 3 Reasons Why It’s Better to NOT Manifest a Soul Mate Relationship
- • 10 Tycoons Who Meditate Daily To Keep Up With Their Hectic Business Life
- • Why We Should Rethink What We've Been Told About Consciousness
- • The Value of “Sloth” – Expanding Our Perceptions for Greater Wisdom
- • Why Your Voice Matters and How To Get Heard
- • Breaking the Barriers of Belief
- • Stop Being "Positive" & Start Getting Real (Joy) In Your Life
- • Are We Living in the Matrix?
- • Is the Sharing Economy Here Yet?
- • Find Your Power in Self-Sufficiency
- • Heads Up
- • Plants Exhibit The Same Senses As Humans And See, Touch, Smell, Hear and Even Taste
- • Healing The Wound(s) Within The Heart Chakra
- • True or False? I Am Perfect Just As I Am
- • Indigenous Elders and Medicine Peoples Council Statement on Fukushima
- • A Phoenix Rising - A Recommended Read
- October (18)
- • 20 Good Reasons to Have Clear Personal Boundaries
- • Let Go of Who You Are to Become What You Might Be
- • How to Be Happy: The 10-Day Happiness Challenge
- • The Law of Assumption
- • A Message from the Faeries
- • New Device Stores Electricity On Silicon Chips
- • The NAME
- • 6 Big Excuses That Can Derail Your Life
- • A Clean Break
- • An Original Blueprint
- • Your Angry Voice Demolishes Your Brilliant Argument
- • Where the Action Is NOW– Relationships
- • Homo Luminous: The New Human
- • The Two New Humanities
- • How Do I Discern the Real from False?
- • Walking on Sacred Ground
- • Not All Have Halos
- • AGAIN, Remember Who You Are
- September (14)
- • Be Careful of How You Use Words!
- • Frequency Gates – What The Heck Are They?
- • Following Our Joy to Find Freedom
- • You`ve Been Warned: Why You Need To Be Ready for Total Grid Failure
- • Spirituality and Ethics in Business
- • Life – The Projection From Within
- • 10 Ways to Shift Your Consciousness
- • The Fall Inside
- • Fall Equinox-The Gate Closes
- • Self Honesty May Deepen the Bliss Into Actualization and Full Embodiment
- • Changing Dynamics of Relationships
- • Biophotons
- • Autumn Equinox 2013 Cosmic Weather Forecast
- • Autumn Equinox: The Archangel Michael Meditation
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (3)
- May (11)
- • How Gratitude Can Help You Through Hard Times
- • The World of Opposites: A New Take
- • The God Gene
- • Souls of Animals
- • What If Television News Disappeared?
- • Every Warrior’s Achilles Heel
- • Building Your Spiritual Muscles
- • Transmuting Collective Human Consciousness By Channeling Light
- • Is DMT the Gateway to Hell?
- • Science Finds Fountain of Youth Brain Region That Slows Down Aging
- • Remember The Power Of The Voice
- April (5)
- December (12)