Category: Journeys Hits: 2870
I recently had a profound conversation that I want to share with you. It was with my friend, Scout Wilkins, who is also an amazing coach and visionary living in the US. She and I have been dialoguing with each other over the past two years on many, many topics and her approach has helped me so much in putting together the more elusive pieces of my life.
Over the past few years, I’ve been squaring off with an old belief system that was somewhere deep inside my psyche which said: Who you really are – is not acceptable.
I think that this is a really deep belief system embedded in many of us, in different ways, and it’s also not always easy to recognise.
Take me for example, someone who completely shed the life they used to have in Australia, as a licensing executive who travelled the world, made a lot of money, had the expensive home and a wardrobe full of amazing shoes… and became “real” – by embracing my spiritual side and going full-throttle into this new area of myself while I let that old identity go.
The thing is…I was still trying to fit my “realness” into some kind of mould and punish myself at every step of the way when I didn’t do that well enough. At first with broader questions like: will everyone I know and care about reject me and think I’m a freak? Will people try to attack or threaten me? Is it safe to publicly be me? And then, as I funnelled this new me into a “business”, working my way down to smaller topics and such as: Can people understand me? Do I have a clear audience? Is my website communicative? Do my workshops speak to people? And you know, you can take this down to as micro as you want to get in our tech-obsessed app world: what are the stats on the ad that I’m running in the UK with the yellow picture as opposed to the red picture in Brazil…and so on.
When you boil it down – all of this is still pointing back to an internal voice that says: who you really are – is just not quite OK.
The pain of this…is at times agonising. For a couple of reasons. First, because you might feel that who you really are has no worth in the world or isn’t safe to express. The 2nd, is facing up to the fact that you are the one who has completely abandoned and rejected some part of your real self out of fear. You’re the one who has turned your back on that inner voice, and you’re the one now (the only one) who can go in and reconcile that.
What Scout said that sort of blew my mind, was that in her opinion, the entire world is going through this process right now in a collective way as well. We’re all having to look at this in ourselves, but also in our cultures and countries.
For example, the American myth that we’re all safe and protected as long as we keep doing the things that people do (get an education, a job, pay your taxes) and that you can buy an insurance package to keep yourself safe from anything not on that list. Collectively, we’re dealing with the fact that on some level, we’ve not only pushed down our personal inner voice that says “I just want to be a writer, or a shaman or a gardener” – or ALL of those things and more because my REAL self – is multidimensional and not limited to a handful of definitions. But we’ve also pushed down that voice that said, “uh…I don’t think I really want to live this way, in a society where certain people are privileged and taken care of and the rest aren’t, or that the only way to buy what I need is with credit that can never really be paid back. I don’t think I feel particularly happy or safe right now facing the fact that life itself IS messy, uncertain and comes with no guarantees”. We are faced with the myths about ourselves, our leaders, our world – that we bought into – and it hurts.
And I can tell you that before I was willing to just let go and agree to let my complete inner freak out – I did what most people do, which is go into HYPER DRIVE mode of trying to make sure that my “real” self somehow fit in, and that the most deep voice within me stayed buried. I look around the world these past years and I sure do see a lot of that going around…
So what I’ve been busy with, what Scout has been busy with, what I think we are ALL busy with…is this whole “not being wrong anymore about the value of our true selves, our true inner voices” revolution; the bridging of the limited image of what we’ve decided is “ok” with the real and authentic self. You do this, and overnight SO much space and openness shows up – which is then ready to be filled with all the more fulfilling ways of being. The fear goes. Does the struggle end? No, because to live is to struggle. All you’ve got to do is look at the natural world to see that. But struggle does not equal pain and fear and hopelessness. All it means is, we go on. We live. We strive. We grow. We keep finding newer and more integral and fulfilling way to do so.
We also talked about how in her world of NLP (neuro linguistic programming) it’s an empowering thing to do to take a noun and turn it into a verb. The example was “emergency” – a situation that is a crisis. And turning that into a verb – where people “emerge” and take action in their life without it having to reach boiling point first. Emergence-y. God I love that!
What key words are showing up in your vocabulary these days that have a negative charge? Can you think of a way to “verb them” into a new and more motivating concept?
Well, so I had this idea that I wanted to go down to the empty hall in my village that they are relocating Syrian refugees – not to give them food or gifts or anything at all. Actually, my reasons were really selfish. I wanted to go down there and just hug anyone at all who was willing to hug me, because I wanted to feel in my heart how amazing it would be to experience the energy of a person who has just lived through and survived something so incredibly raw in a human life.
I wanted…to let whoever would hug me know – that THEY have something of value to give to others, so valuable in fact that I don’t think you can even put a price tag on that – the presence in their heart, in their being, that comes from having survived unimaginable life circumstances and still have the strength to go ON. Man how I wanted to hug someone and welcome that incredible feeling into my own heart, to let them know how much a hug from them is an incredible gift to me, what a gift to this whole world their very life is. And of course, to hug them back just as openly and strongly as I can and let them feel from me whatever might be of value to them too.
After discussing it with my husband, we decided that with the turmoil and the outbursts of violence around the refugee camps/centres it may not be safe for me to go down there and just hug people right now.
However, that doesn’t mean the sentiments can’t still be shared.
There is a Ho’oponopono saying that goes like this:
I love you
Just recite that to yourself a few times, meditate on it. It’s incredible. It opens hearts, it touches souls, it changes lives.
On sunday at 8pm, I will light a candle and recite this saying several times while mediating on the refugee crisis. I invite all of you to do the same. Invite your friends, colleagues and anyone else who may wish to join it. Share this newsletter, paste it on your page – whatever – let’s do this together.
“We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe. All we have to do is listen, feel and sense it with an open heart. Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times, it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane. Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart”. C.J. Heck …..Seed Of The Orchid Art
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Andels Journeys
- 2019 (5)
- 2018 (18)
- December (2)
- November (1)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- 2017 (40)
- December (1)
- November (5)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (3)
- June (8)
- • The Trap of Righteousness
- • The Commercialization of Spirituality - A Multi-Billion Dollar Corporate Takeover!
- • Loneliness
- • The Masks Are Coming Off - Unveiling False Teachers
- • The Dynamics Of Fear In Fear Inducing Times
- • 10 “Spiritual” Things People Do That Are Total Bullshit
- • Karma Teaches Jerks A Valuable Lesson In Life
- • Is The New Spirituality Just A Trend?
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (2)
- 2016 (29)
- December (5)
- November (3)
- October (3)
- August (1)
- June (1)
- May (1)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (6)
- • My Pleasure
- • Vancouver Man With Stomach Cancer Is Selling Unconditional Love On Craigslist For $0
- • Carefree People Don’t Have Attachments - Here Are 25 Reasons Why
- • Are Family Members Toxic? 10 Things to Remember
- • The World As We Know It Has Changed And There Is No Going Back To What We Were - 6 Predictions
- • How To Get More Energy: 8 New Secrets Backed By Research
- 2015 (50)
- December (4)
- November (6)
- • Neutrality — The Gateway To Transcend The Matrix
- • Soul and Personality
- • Dalai Lama on Paris & Syria – A Message for Peace
- • Know Yourself. Heal. Self-Liberate. Experiment. Build Community.
- • Groundbreaking Discovery: Man Solves Tesla’s Secret To Amplifying Power By Nearly 5000%
- • Johnny Depp Intends To Buy Site Of Wounded Knee Massacre And Gift It Back To The Native American People
- October (10)
- • Waking Up The Goddess: Where Men Meet Women
- • Why we cry
- • You’re Not Wrong
- • Canada’s New PM Issues Challenge to US – “We’re Ending Wars and Legalizing Pot”
- • Meet the USA's First School District to Serve 100% Organic Meals
- • Going Through Shadows: The Vortex Of Transformation.
- • The Rise of Lowsumerism
- • There is something extraordinary happening in the world
- • Three Ways Canadian Thanksgiving Differs From American Thanksgiving
- • Leonardo DiCaprio - Bring Down Big Oil Corporations
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (6)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (5)
- January (4)
- 2014 (56)
- December (2)
- November (4)
- October (4)
- September (5)
- • Water on Earth predates Sun, meaning our life originated elsewhere – study
- • Buffalo Treaty: Native tribes sign bison revival plan in US and Canada
- • US to pay largest Native American nation $554 million in landmark settlement
- • Being Vegan and Raw Vegan Lifestyle
- • New Experiment Will Answer Some Mind-Bending Questions On Whether We Live In a Hologram
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (4)
- May (2)
- April (3)
- March (7)
- • Spring Into the Adventure! How the Symbolism of Frogs Can Support Us Through Change
- • The Gateways Are As Open As You Are
- • Shifting Seasons And Time…..
- • Marching Forward
- • Stanford Physicist: Vast, Powerful Realm Between Particles Influenced by Human Consciousness
- • We Are Living In The Most Important Time In The History Of The Universe - Dolores Cannon Discusses Our Current Paradigm
- • Creating A Path Where There Is None
- February (9)
- • February Update
- • Finding Direction When You Feel Lost
- • How Our Narratives Inform Our Hopes for Change
- • Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Mitigation
- • The Alchemy of Responsible Reflection
- • How You Attract Information In A Vibrational Universe
- • 'You shall not pass!' Native American groups vow to block Keystone XL pipeline
- • Architecture of the Light
- • Meeting Our Past Selves Outside Of Time
- January (10)
- • Journey to the Enchanted Forest – Your New Moon & New Year Power Animal Awaits
- • Year of the Horse is Upon Us – Ready, Set, Go!
- • The 118 Days of Creation
- • How Much Are You Filtering Your Truth? – Image Alterations Aren't Just For Big Media Anymore
- • Eight Signs You May Be Experiencing a Spiritual Awakening
- • 13 Signs You’re a Witch
- • How To Tell If You Had A Past Life In Atlantis
- • How Do I Know If It’s My Soul or My Ego Talking?
- • The Baby and the Bath Water
- • The Foundation for All Healing
- 2013 (102)
- December (12)
- • Activate Your Creative Power With Conscious Intention
- • Riding the Train of Life – Symbolism to Navigate the Tracks of Your Journey
- • Are We the Makers of Our Own Fate?
- • Lighting Your Truth to Freedom, Passion & Inspired Leadership – Closing Chapter 2013 to Write Chapter 2014′s Lively & Instinctual Year of the Horse
- • The Power of a Poor Night’s Sleep
- • Why Entrepreneurship Is A Spiritual Expression Of Freedom
- • Death and Dying from a Shamanic Perspective
- • Sliding Home For Christmas
- • The Solstice Vibe
- • You’re Only As Strong As Your Weakest Link But As Wise As Your Strongest
- • The Speed of Infinity
- • World Aids Day – December 1st
- November (29)
- • The Courage To Live Box Less -- Getting Outside The Label Labyrinth
- • The Quantum Leap Ascension Process
- • Toronto Named Most Youth Friendly City
- • Thanksgiving Day Recalibration
- • Stop Looking And See
- • Getting the Doomsday Hunger?
- • What I Hope to Be Next Year
- • At The Point of No Return
- • The Faery Referral Network
- • Thoughts on Compassion and Detachment
- • Top Ten Myths About Being a Psychic/Healer
- • Tell the “Lords” of Karma That You Are Sovereign – No Longer a Lightworker Part 2
- • Where New JFK Evidence Points - 50 Years Later + Videos
- • 3 Reasons Why It’s Better to NOT Manifest a Soul Mate Relationship
- • 10 Tycoons Who Meditate Daily To Keep Up With Their Hectic Business Life
- • Why We Should Rethink What We've Been Told About Consciousness
- • The Value of “Sloth” – Expanding Our Perceptions for Greater Wisdom
- • Why Your Voice Matters and How To Get Heard
- • Breaking the Barriers of Belief
- • Stop Being "Positive" & Start Getting Real (Joy) In Your Life
- • Are We Living in the Matrix?
- • Is the Sharing Economy Here Yet?
- • Find Your Power in Self-Sufficiency
- • Heads Up
- • Plants Exhibit The Same Senses As Humans And See, Touch, Smell, Hear and Even Taste
- • Healing The Wound(s) Within The Heart Chakra
- • True or False? I Am Perfect Just As I Am
- • Indigenous Elders and Medicine Peoples Council Statement on Fukushima
- • A Phoenix Rising - A Recommended Read
- October (18)
- • 20 Good Reasons to Have Clear Personal Boundaries
- • Let Go of Who You Are to Become What You Might Be
- • How to Be Happy: The 10-Day Happiness Challenge
- • The Law of Assumption
- • A Message from the Faeries
- • New Device Stores Electricity On Silicon Chips
- • The NAME
- • 6 Big Excuses That Can Derail Your Life
- • A Clean Break
- • An Original Blueprint
- • Your Angry Voice Demolishes Your Brilliant Argument
- • Where the Action Is NOW– Relationships
- • Homo Luminous: The New Human
- • The Two New Humanities
- • How Do I Discern the Real from False?
- • Walking on Sacred Ground
- • Not All Have Halos
- • AGAIN, Remember Who You Are
- September (14)
- • Be Careful of How You Use Words!
- • Frequency Gates – What The Heck Are They?
- • Following Our Joy to Find Freedom
- • You`ve Been Warned: Why You Need To Be Ready for Total Grid Failure
- • Spirituality and Ethics in Business
- • Life – The Projection From Within
- • 10 Ways to Shift Your Consciousness
- • The Fall Inside
- • Fall Equinox-The Gate Closes
- • Self Honesty May Deepen the Bliss Into Actualization and Full Embodiment
- • Changing Dynamics of Relationships
- • Biophotons
- • Autumn Equinox 2013 Cosmic Weather Forecast
- • Autumn Equinox: The Archangel Michael Meditation
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (3)
- May (11)
- • How Gratitude Can Help You Through Hard Times
- • The World of Opposites: A New Take
- • The God Gene
- • Souls of Animals
- • What If Television News Disappeared?
- • Every Warrior’s Achilles Heel
- • Building Your Spiritual Muscles
- • Transmuting Collective Human Consciousness By Channeling Light
- • Is DMT the Gateway to Hell?
- • Science Finds Fountain of Youth Brain Region That Slows Down Aging
- • Remember The Power Of The Voice
- April (6)
- March (1)
- December (12)