Category: Moon Cycles Written by Lena Stevens Hits: 2427
Full Moon is Tuesday, February 19 at 8:53 AM Mountain Standard Time (MST).
This full moon activates our intuition and emotional side at the same time as inviting us to take more responsibility for the organization of the details connected with our intentions. Creativity and inspiration are key words for this full moon and we need to give our imagination some room to play and dream. We can put off the organization of details as we remind ourselves that life is not all seriousness and growth. There needs to be time for the inner child to express through creativity without any attachment to a specific goal.
The needs for expansion, adventure and expression are alive and well and should be acknowledged as allies during this time. Any resistance you have to a little chaos should be let go on an exhale. Take a break, do something fun, give your creativity an outlet and share your gratitude and inspiration with others. With that said, it is also good to make a plan for organizing the details and giving some structure to what comes from imagination, inspiration and creativity.
Virgo Full Moon
Sun in Pisces ~ Moon in Virgo 0º SuperMoon
Tuesday, February 19 at 8:53 AM Mountain Standard Time
(Tuesday, February 19, 3:53 PM Greenwich Mean Time)
Mercury will be our guide for this Full Moon escapade. The Sun moves into Pisces on the 18th taking us out of the cool, impersonal objective realms of air sign Aquarius and into the illusive, receptive watery realms of Pisces. Already in Pisces, Mercury awaits the Sun. With the shift of the Sun into Pisces, we are beckoned into the invisible worlds of imagination, intuition and the more accepting expressions of love rooted in compassion and the desire to serve.
Mercury’s (16º) watery qualities are magnified by a conjunction to Neptune 15º, ruler of Pisces. Mercury/Neptune will shift and open our perceptions to the emotional arenas. Neptune teaches us to be like the vast ocean – the tides, the waves, the drops. Neptune dissolves boundaries, and unites all. We will be sensitive to nuances of feeling like never before. We may not know the source of our feelings. Are they ours, a work partners, from the collective, from the Earth itself? Our imaginations will be calling to us to create, dream, and give our poetic selves free rein to lead us. Messages from our allies in the invisible world can be stronger, more significant. The dream world may turn up the volume and infuse you with vivid, relevant insights. Music and film are the perfect mediums for entering another world and deeply experiencing another’s reality. Meditation can achieve deeper levels of awareness, peace and healing. Practice asking questions of Spirit and this other world and listen expectantly for the response.
Pisces/Neptune rule the spiritual aspects of the chart. We can easily expand into unity consciousness where the web of life links all living forms and where love is the medium that binds us together. We will see Neptune in Pisces 16º empowered again when the Sun and Moon join at Pisces New Moon 15º on March 6th.
We still have more than two weeks remaining to move decidedly forward before Mercury becomes our first planet this year to turn retrograde on March 6. This means Mercury will be in Pisces for an inordinately long time, six weeks, instead of the usual two to three, so it seems we are meant to explore these intuitive realms and learn to embody them, dissolve the boundaries that bind us closely to this physical construct, and bring that other-worldly learning down to the material plane and into your daily life like never before.
I say this because Mercury in Pisces is exactly sextile Saturn in Capricorn 16º. Here is an open portal for bringing the help, support and wisdom of spirit into the material plane of your life. Saturn in his own sign loves to uphold the values of achievement, focus and responding in life in a practical way. Saturn wants to accomplish what needs to be done, clear the path of obstacles, and bank his earnings for growth. Capricorn is the businessperson of the zodiac and takes the responsibility to build the protective structures of community that insures stability, business and progress will continue.
Venus in Capricorn 18º finds herself between two heavies, Saturn 16º and Pluto 22º – a sobering environment for her. She will, no doubt, soften their stern attitude toward what is expendable and frivolous and bring an element of negotiation, balance, and a feminine concern for seven generations. They, Saturn and Pluto, in their turn will seek to revamp and make enduring our finances and the underpinnings of our relationships whether personal or professional. Here is the practical antidote to all that Piscean, other worldly influence. Get real and get practical and be realistic with your time if you want to move energy in the material world. Be wary of falling prey to illusion, denial and addictions – the nemesis of Piscean energy and leaking your energy away. Venus has significant power in this chart.
Mars, our direct line to action, moves into Taurus on Feb. 14 just ahead of Uranus representing a dynamic energy duo that may push you ahead with a jolt from the cosmos to get you moving toward a more inspired path. The cocktail of the planet of action mixed with the planet of change may be the boost you need to get your resources in order and become more self-sufficient. It is going to be important to know what you truly value in the near future as Uranus makes a major move into Taurus for the next seven years. Mars here may make you dig in your heels or needlessly resist what’s before you. Take a breath, create some space and allow the rarefied energy of Uranus at the exalted 29th degree of Aries gift you a direct transmission from your higher self about your new direction. We’re all learning to relinquish control to something greater than the survival oriented nature of our ego minds. We have so much more in store for us.
Mars in Taurus trines and is in full service to the Virgo Full Moon. Deborah Houlding, well respected astrologer, defines Virgo so well, “…the benefits of Virgo are that it bestows purity, diplomacy, a mastery of words, a discriminating intellect, a propensity for study, a talent for investigation and analysis, skillful creativity, and a keen appreciation of the mysteries of nature.” * You hear the ring of the Mercury rulership and influence in her description. Virgo helps us organize, manage and maintain the fruits of our labors. Both Virgo and Pisces are mutable signs able to adapt to what is at hand and thriving on changing circumstances and times.
Chiron reenters Aries on the 18th after its final visit to Pisces. For the next seven years this natural healer will seek to realign the divine masculine energies represented by Mars-ruled Aries. Our independence and self-awareness will be brought forward in our attention so we may recapture our source of courage, exuberance and pioneering spirit. We ask that the wound demonstrated as aggression and selfish recklessness we see around us be healed and turned into strong medicine for the Earth and its peoples.
*From her “Modern Perspectives From Ancient Symbolism” series 2007 available on her website.
All times are in Mountain Standard Time (MST)
- 02/18 Sun enters Pisces 4:03 PM MST
- 03/05 Mercury retrograde 29º Pisces until 3/28
- 03/06 Pisces New Moon 15º 9:04 AM MST
- 03/10 Daylight Savings Time begins USA
- 03/20 Sun enters Aries/Equinox 3:58 PM MDT
- 03/20 Libra Full Moon 0º 7:43 PM MDT/SuperMoon
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism. Source Here
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (33)
- June (4)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (87)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (8)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (6)
- January (8)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)