Category: Helpful Meditations Views: 1980
Entering a state of mind called meditation doesn’t happen by just sitting down closing your eyes and being still. There are 3 crucial steps that are needed to guide the mind inward in seeking a meditative state. These 3 essential steps are 1. breath control 2. withdrawing senses 3. concentration.
There are various ways to achieve this state of mind, that do not include what we know to be commonly called meditation.
Here are 5 Unexpected Ways to Meditate Everyday
- Walking- allows you to be more present in your body and in the present moment. The simple experience of alternating steps naturally helps to create a meditative state. The body loves movement, and by paying attention to the body as you walk, it will help you enjoy the simplicity of just being alive.
- Gardening- used as a spiritual practice, gardening embodies the most fundamental essence of ourselves and connects us to source. Gardening is an ancient ritual and what we give attention to- grows. The seeds we plant today are what we reap tomorrow and so gardening is metaphoric for nurturing your own souls growth and the choices you make in life.
- Dancing- from Hula dancing to a Kundalini Tantric energy practice, dancing gives us *movement from the*music to bring us the *message which creates the *MAGIC.
- Swimming- laps specifically, is a great way to meditate as it incorporates fully the 3 essential steps of going inward. Controlled breath being prominent. The fluidity of water allows us to naturally go with the flow which lowers our state of resistance and allows for fluid mind body spirit connection.
- Work- wait did you just say work? Yep sure did!! Work can be used as a form of meditation. In the Buddhist Zen tradition it is called “Samu work” and to apply this you will need to slow down your daily activities to about half speed. You will then use the rest of the time to practice mindfullness by thought focusing. So when you are washing dishes, taking a shower or cleaning your car practice mindfulness. Slow yourself down and bring yourself back to the present moment.
Hope these 5 ways to meditate helped you as much as they have helped me!
CrystalWind.ca is free to access and use.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
"Life is an echo, what you send out comes back."
© 2008-2021 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Crystal Of The Day!
Who is Online Now
We have 1482 guests and no members online