Category: Journeys Hits: 1468
“Don’t make excuses – make good.” ~Elbert Hubbard
“There are a lot of things stopping me from creating the life I want. For one I stress about the smallest things, two; I work my tail off but since I’m so worried about making sure the next person happy I really never have money TO DO WHAT I WANT and all I want is to be a good father and be able to get my daughter anything she wants and anything we want her to have.
I want to live stress free, I don’t want to keep living the way I’m living, for example: in the house with my aunt and about 7 others in a four bedroom house, I want to take care of all those issues, only if I knew where to start.”
The sentiments expressed in this comment are indicative of the way many of us feel. STUCK! The good news is we don’t have to remain stuck. We can do something about it. We can CHOOSE to stop making excuses for ourselves and start taking action.
Some of the biggest excuses that can derail your life are:
1. You are feeling sorry for yourself
It’s OK to momentarily feel sorry for yourself. Life can be challenging at times. But don’t let your pity party become an excuse to stay stuck. For many years, I felt sorry for myself. Although I put out a positive face to the world, deep down I was lonely, depressed, sad, scared and confused. I just didn’t get life and it was making me crazy. I thought I had to think a certain way, act a certain way and be a certain way in relationships without knowing what that way was.
I felt like I was the only one who didn’t receive the manual on how to be happy. Rather than getting help immediately, I stewed in self pity. On one hand I wanted my circumstances and how I felt about them to be change, on other hand, there was a part of me that wanted them to stay the same. But you can’t have things be different and stay the same at the same time. You have to choose one or the other.
Tip: You cannot change the past. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and create an extraordinary future.
2. You are stuck in the past
It wasn’t until later, I learned the reason I didn’t know how to be happy was because I didn’t love myself. We are all products of our environments and influencers and I’m a product of mine. I got messages from those around me, including peers, teachers, coaches, etc.. I wasn’t worthy. And although there were many positive influences in my life, my esteem took a massive blow from the negative ones.
It isn’t about blaming someone for what I did or didn’t get during my childhood or adulthood, it is about the TRUTH.
Tip: Your current circumstances and how you feel about them are a result of your choices. Make choices that bring peace, contentment and fulfillment.
3. You think you don’t know what to do
It may surprise you the biggest reason your life doesn’t change isn’t because you don’t know what to do. You may not know all the steps you need to take to achieve your desired result, but you know the first one. Even if the first step is asking for help.
I remember when my life was spiraling out of control and asking for help was my first step. A friend had given me a phone number of a life coach. Periodically I’d pull the number out and gaze at the digits as if that alone would transform my life. But it took more than looking at the number; Eventually, I summoned the courage to pick up the phone and dial it.
Tip: You know what to do. Take the first step.
4. You are getting something out of it
Although you may not want to admit it, there’s a part of you that finds comfort in the way things are and will fight to the death to keep them this way. Even if those things bring you chaos, stress, overwhelm and other heavy or negative feelings.
I have received many messages from people asking me whether they should stay or leave relationships that are no longer good for them. Many of them are in some sort of emotional and psychic pain. Their partners cheat, lie, are unkind to them and leave them less than fulfilled, yet they stay.
Tip: Figure out what you’re getting out of your current circumstances (positive or negative) and decide whether it’s worth it.
5. You don’t have a plan
Oftentimes people feel they have to solve their whole problem at once. This causes a lot of stress and anxiety. If your priority is to move out of your parent’s house, write down those things that need to happen in order for you to do that. If you feel overwhelmed, separate your list into even smaller tasks. Keep separating out the things you need to do, all the way back to what you need to do today.
Having a plan not only gives you a destination, it shifts your energy shift from a state of confusion to one of power. You go from wondering what you’re going to do, to knowing EXACTLY what you’re going to do and when and how you’re going to do it.
Tip: If you aren’t working your plan, your plan WON’T work.
6. You are afraid
Everyone experiences fear. The difference between those who are successful and those who aren’t is what role they allow it to play in their lives. Some people act in the face of fear, while others allow it to dictate every action.
How fear impacts what you do is within your control. Yes, you can feel fear, uncertainty and self doubt and act in spite of it! How do you do it? You say to yourself “I’m afraid” and take the next step anyway.
To act in the face of fear, I often recite one of my favorite quotes by Bill Cosby: “Decide you want it more than you’re afraid of it.”
In the grand scheme of things, we’re only on this planet for a short amount of time-one hundred years at best. Don’t put yourself in a position where you’ll look back on your life regretting the excuses you made.
Why do you think people find it so challenging to see their excuses as excuses and eventually give up on them? I really want to know what are your thoughts on this. You can share your insights by joining the conversation in the comment section below
This article was written by Lisa H. Lisa is a mother, runner, happiness junkie and overall health fanatic. With her blog, Getting to Zen, she shows passionate seekers how to gain confidence and take their lives from ordinary to extraordinary. You can also find her spreading love and inspiration on Facebook.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Andels Journeys
- 2018 (4)
- 2017 (41)
- December (1)
- November (5)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (3)
- June (8)
- • The Trap of Righteousness
- • The Commercialization of Spirituality - A Multi-Billion Dollar Corporate Takeover!
- • Loneliness
- • The Masks Are Coming Off - Unveiling False Teachers
- • The Dynamics Of Fear In Fear Inducing Times
- • 10 “Spiritual” Things People Do That Are Total Bullshit
- • Karma Teaches Jerks A Valuable Lesson In Life
- • Is The New Spirituality Just A Trend?
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (3)
- 2016 (30)
- December (6)
- • This Woman Died of Stage 4 Cancer and Came Back From the Dead With a Shocking Message
- • Article Four: The Cast of Characters. AKA: The Wrecking Crew.
- • Cognitive Dissonance made easy
- • The Principle of Mission
- • Article Three: Donald Trump’s Personality and Character Structure
- • Article Two: United States Elections 2016: Getting the Right Perspective
- November (3)
- October (3)
- August (1)
- June (1)
- May (1)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (6)
- • My Pleasure
- • Vancouver Man With Stomach Cancer Is Selling Unconditional Love On Craigslist For $0
- • Carefree People Don’t Have Attachments - Here Are 25 Reasons Why
- • Are Family Members Toxic? 10 Things to Remember
- • The World As We Know It Has Changed And There Is No Going Back To What We Were - 6 Predictions
- • How To Get More Energy: 8 New Secrets Backed By Research
- December (6)
- 2015 (50)
- December (4)
- November (6)
- • Neutrality — The Gateway To Transcend The Matrix
- • Soul and Personality
- • Dalai Lama on Paris & Syria – A Message for Peace
- • Know Yourself. Heal. Self-Liberate. Experiment. Build Community.
- • Groundbreaking Discovery: Man Solves Tesla’s Secret To Amplifying Power By Nearly 5000%
- • Johnny Depp Intends To Buy Site Of Wounded Knee Massacre And Gift It Back To The Native American People
- October (10)
- • Waking Up The Goddess: Where Men Meet Women
- • Why we cry
- • You’re Not Wrong
- • Canada’s New PM Issues Challenge to US – “We’re Ending Wars and Legalizing Pot”
- • Meet the USA's First School District to Serve 100% Organic Meals
- • Going Through Shadows: The Vortex Of Transformation.
- • The Rise of Lowsumerism
- • There is something extraordinary happening in the world
- • Three Ways Canadian Thanksgiving Differs From American Thanksgiving
- • Leonardo DiCaprio - Bring Down Big Oil Corporations
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (6)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (5)
- January (4)
- 2014 (56)
- December (2)
- November (4)
- October (4)
- September (5)
- • Water on Earth predates Sun, meaning our life originated elsewhere – study
- • Buffalo Treaty: Native tribes sign bison revival plan in US and Canada
- • US to pay largest Native American nation $554 million in landmark settlement
- • Being Vegan and Raw Vegan Lifestyle
- • New Experiment Will Answer Some Mind-Bending Questions On Whether We Live In a Hologram
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (4)
- May (2)
- April (3)
- March (7)
- • Spring Into the Adventure! How the Symbolism of Frogs Can Support Us Through Change
- • The Gateways Are As Open As You Are
- • Shifting Seasons And Time…..
- • Marching Forward
- • Stanford Physicist: Vast, Powerful Realm Between Particles Influenced by Human Consciousness
- • We Are Living In The Most Important Time In The History Of The Universe - Dolores Cannon Discusses Our Current Paradigm
- • Creating A Path Where There Is None
- February (9)
- • February Update
- • Finding Direction When You Feel Lost
- • How Our Narratives Inform Our Hopes for Change
- • Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Mitigation
- • The Alchemy of Responsible Reflection
- • How You Attract Information In A Vibrational Universe
- • 'You shall not pass!' Native American groups vow to block Keystone XL pipeline
- • Architecture of the Light
- • Meeting Our Past Selves Outside Of Time
- January (10)
- • Journey to the Enchanted Forest – Your New Moon & New Year Power Animal Awaits
- • Year of the Horse is Upon Us – Ready, Set, Go!
- • The 118 Days of Creation
- • How Much Are You Filtering Your Truth? – Image Alterations Aren't Just For Big Media Anymore
- • Eight Signs You May Be Experiencing a Spiritual Awakening
- • 13 Signs You’re a Witch
- • How To Tell If You Had A Past Life In Atlantis
- • How Do I Know If It’s My Soul or My Ego Talking?
- • The Baby and the Bath Water
- • The Foundation for All Healing
- 2013 (104)
- December (12)
- • Activate Your Creative Power With Conscious Intention
- • Riding the Train of Life – Symbolism to Navigate the Tracks of Your Journey
- • Are We the Makers of Our Own Fate?
- • Lighting Your Truth to Freedom, Passion & Inspired Leadership – Closing Chapter 2013 to Write Chapter 2014′s Lively & Instinctual Year of the Horse
- • The Power of a Poor Night’s Sleep
- • Why Entrepreneurship Is A Spiritual Expression Of Freedom
- • Death and Dying from a Shamanic Perspective
- • Sliding Home For Christmas
- • The Solstice Vibe
- • You’re Only As Strong As Your Weakest Link But As Wise As Your Strongest
- • The Speed of Infinity
- • World Aids Day – December 1st
- November (29)
- • The Courage To Live Box Less -- Getting Outside The Label Labyrinth
- • The Quantum Leap Ascension Process
- • Toronto Named Most Youth Friendly City
- • Thanksgiving Day Recalibration
- • Stop Looking And See
- • Getting the Doomsday Hunger?
- • What I Hope to Be Next Year
- • At The Point of No Return
- • The Faery Referral Network
- • Thoughts on Compassion and Detachment
- • Top Ten Myths About Being a Psychic/Healer
- • Tell the “Lords” of Karma That You Are Sovereign – No Longer a Lightworker Part 2
- • Where New JFK Evidence Points - 50 Years Later + Videos
- • 3 Reasons Why It’s Better to NOT Manifest a Soul Mate Relationship
- • 10 Tycoons Who Meditate Daily To Keep Up With Their Hectic Business Life
- • Why We Should Rethink What We've Been Told About Consciousness
- • The Value of “Sloth” – Expanding Our Perceptions for Greater Wisdom
- • Why Your Voice Matters and How To Get Heard
- • Breaking the Barriers of Belief
- • Stop Being "Positive" & Start Getting Real (Joy) In Your Life
- • Are We Living in the Matrix?
- • Is the Sharing Economy Here Yet?
- • Find Your Power in Self-Sufficiency
- • Heads Up
- • Plants Exhibit The Same Senses As Humans And See, Touch, Smell, Hear and Even Taste
- • Healing The Wound(s) Within The Heart Chakra
- • True or False? I Am Perfect Just As I Am
- • Indigenous Elders and Medicine Peoples Council Statement on Fukushima
- • A Phoenix Rising - A Recommended Read
- October (18)
- • 20 Good Reasons to Have Clear Personal Boundaries
- • Let Go of Who You Are to Become What You Might Be
- • How to Be Happy: The 10-Day Happiness Challenge
- • The Law of Assumption
- • A Message from the Faeries
- • New Device Stores Electricity On Silicon Chips
- • The NAME
- • 6 Big Excuses That Can Derail Your Life
- • A Clean Break
- • An Original Blueprint
- • Your Angry Voice Demolishes Your Brilliant Argument
- • Where the Action Is NOW– Relationships
- • Homo Luminous: The New Human
- • The Two New Humanities
- • How Do I Discern the Real from False?
- • Walking on Sacred Ground
- • Not All Have Halos
- • AGAIN, Remember Who You Are
- September (14)
- • Be Careful of How You Use Words!
- • Frequency Gates – What The Heck Are They?
- • Following Our Joy to Find Freedom
- • You`ve Been Warned: Why You Need To Be Ready for Total Grid Failure
- • Spirituality and Ethics in Business
- • Life – The Projection From Within
- • 10 Ways to Shift Your Consciousness
- • The Fall Inside
- • Fall Equinox-The Gate Closes
- • Self Honesty May Deepen the Bliss Into Actualization and Full Embodiment
- • Changing Dynamics of Relationships
- • Biophotons
- • Autumn Equinox 2013 Cosmic Weather Forecast
- • Autumn Equinox: The Archangel Michael Meditation
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (3)
- May (12)
- • How Gratitude Can Help You Through Hard Times
- • The World of Opposites: A New Take
- • The God Gene
- • Souls of Animals
- • What If Television News Disappeared?
- • Every Warrior’s Achilles Heel
- • Building Your Spiritual Muscles
- • Transmuting Collective Human Consciousness By Channeling Light
- • Is DMT the Gateway to Hell?
- • The Psychological Crossroad of An Unhappy Life
- • Science Finds Fountain of Youth Brain Region That Slows Down Aging
- • Remember The Power Of The Voice
- April (6)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- December (12)
- 2012 (12)
- December (2)
- November (5)
- October (4)
- April (1)