Category: Journeys Hits: 1860
More and more world leaders in business are taking to meditation to reduce their stress levels and improve their cognitive functioning and creative thinking resulting into better productivity besides improving their overall health and well-being
Most of these rich people are members of Fortune 500 companies such as Google, AOL, Aetna and Apple. They also hold meditation sessions for their employees.
The top-notch executives of a large number of companies affirm that meditation has done them lot good in improving their leadership qualities.
Ford the chairman of Ford Motor Company and Larry Page , the former director of Google also are the strong believers in the benefits of mindful meditation.
Here is a list of 10 prominent and influential corporate leaders who meditate regularly to maintain their health and efficiency.
1. Rupert Murdoch, Chairman and CEO, News Corp
In one of his tweets in April, Rupert Murdoch, the Chairman and CEO of News Corp has revealed that he has been trying Transcendental Meditation technique developed by Mahesh Yogi in 1960s which is avidly practised by luminaries like Oprah, David Lynch and Candy Crowly.
Here is the tweet: "Everyone recommends, not that easy to get started, but said to improve everything!"
2. Padmasree Warrior, CTO, Cisco Systems
Padmasree Warrior, the technology and strategy expert of Cisco Systems admits that she practices meditation every night before going to bed and performs a “digital detox” every Saturday.
The former head of the Cisco Engineering who had to manage 22,000 employees of the company told New York Times that meditation greatly helped her to deal with the massive workforce.
“It’s almost like a reboot for your brain and your soul,” she said. “It makes me so much calmer when I’m responding to e-mails later.”
3. Tony Schwartz, Founder & CEO, The Energy Project
Tony Schwartz of the Energy Project claims that he has been meditating for over two decades. He tells in his book What Really Matters: Searching for Wisdom in America that he was initially attracted to meditation because he wanted to calm down his busy mind.
He says that mindfulness meditation has helped him develop patience, cured him of migraine and improved his overall efficiency.
He averred in a Harvard Business Review blog that "Maintaining a steady reservoir of energy -- physically, mentally, emotionally and even spiritually -- requires refuelling it intermittently."
4. Bill Ford, Executive Chairman, Ford Motor Company
According to Inc. Magazine, Bill Ford, the executive chairman of the Ford Motor Company, is a great votary of meditation. In an interview conducted by a leading America, Buddhist teacher Jack Kornfield,
Ford admitted that he set his intension to go through his day with compassion in dealing with the difficult periods in the company. But for that he first started to be compassionate to himself by practicing a loving-kindness-metta- meditation.
5. Oprah Winfrey, Chairwoman & CEO, Harpo Productions, Inc.
Oprah recently selected by Forbes as the most powerful celebrity of 2013, is one the most vocal advocates of Transcendental Meditation. She says that she practices stillness for 20 minutes twice a day. She also got the TM teachers to teach the employees at her company the art of practicing meditation.
This is what Oprah said about what she experienced after a meditation session in Iowa last year: "I walked away feeling fuller than when I'd come in. Full of hope, a sense of contentment, and deep joy. Knowing for sure that even in the daily craziness that bombards us from every direction, there is -- still -- the constancy of stillness. Only from that space can you create your best work and your best life."
6. Larry Brilliant, CEO, Skoll Global Threats Fund
The former director of Google.org and the CEO of the Skoll Global Threats Fund, Larry Brilliant spent two years practicing meditation during his twenties in a Himalayan ashram. It was here that his guru asked him to work with a World Health Organization team to eradicate small pox from New Delhi.
Speaking during the 2013 commencement address at the Harvard School of Public Health, Brilliant explained that equanimity- a state of mental calm and composure- was essential for success in life.
7. Ray Dalio, Founder & Co-CIO, Bridgewater Associates USA
Speaking about the benefits of mediation in 2012,Ray Dalio, the billionaire founder of Bridgewater Associates -- the world's largest hedge fund firm declared that "Meditation more than anything in my life was the biggest ingredient of whatever success I've had." And further, "Meditation has given me centeredness and creativity. It's also given me peace and health."
8. Russell Simmons, Co-Founder, Def Jam Records; Founder of GlobalGrind.com
Russell Simmons, the Hip-Hop Mughal has been practicing meditation for several years. Propounding the benefits of meditation before the board of advisors for the David Lynch Foundation for Consciousness-Based Education and World Peace, he said, "You don't have to believe in meditation for it to work."
9. Robert Stiller, CEO, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc.
Robert Stiller, a dedicated practitioner of meditation, has set up a special meditation room at the Vermont headquarters of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. Speaking on the benefits of meditation, he said, "If you have a meditation practice, you can be much more effective in a meeting. Meditation helps develop your abilities to focus better and to accomplish your tasks."
10. Arianna Huffington, President & Editor-in-Chief, Huffington Post Media Group
Ariana Huffington describes the practices of yoga and meditation as two of her "joy triggers". She has also introduced weekly meditation classes in her company. Meditation, according to Ariana, is not necessary for individual health, but for boosting the productivity of the corporate functioning.
She has written in one of her recent blogs: "Stress-reduction and mindfulness don't just make us happier and healthier; they're a proven competitive advantage for any business that wants one."
Credit: Huffington Post
Crystal Wind™See us onand Follow us on
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Andels Journeys
- 2018 (4)
- 2017 (41)
- December (1)
- November (5)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (3)
- June (8)
- • The Trap of Righteousness
- • The Commercialization of Spirituality - A Multi-Billion Dollar Corporate Takeover!
- • Loneliness
- • The Masks Are Coming Off - Unveiling False Teachers
- • The Dynamics Of Fear In Fear Inducing Times
- • 10 “Spiritual” Things People Do That Are Total Bullshit
- • Karma Teaches Jerks A Valuable Lesson In Life
- • Is The New Spirituality Just A Trend?
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (3)
- 2016 (30)
- December (6)
- • This Woman Died of Stage 4 Cancer and Came Back From the Dead With a Shocking Message
- • Article Four: The Cast of Characters. AKA: The Wrecking Crew.
- • Cognitive Dissonance made easy
- • The Principle of Mission
- • Article Three: Donald Trump’s Personality and Character Structure
- • Article Two: United States Elections 2016: Getting the Right Perspective
- November (3)
- October (3)
- August (1)
- June (1)
- May (1)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (6)
- • My Pleasure
- • Vancouver Man With Stomach Cancer Is Selling Unconditional Love On Craigslist For $0
- • Carefree People Don’t Have Attachments - Here Are 25 Reasons Why
- • Are Family Members Toxic? 10 Things to Remember
- • The World As We Know It Has Changed And There Is No Going Back To What We Were - 6 Predictions
- • How To Get More Energy: 8 New Secrets Backed By Research
- December (6)
- 2015 (50)
- December (4)
- November (6)
- • Neutrality — The Gateway To Transcend The Matrix
- • Soul and Personality
- • Dalai Lama on Paris & Syria – A Message for Peace
- • Know Yourself. Heal. Self-Liberate. Experiment. Build Community.
- • Groundbreaking Discovery: Man Solves Tesla’s Secret To Amplifying Power By Nearly 5000%
- • Johnny Depp Intends To Buy Site Of Wounded Knee Massacre And Gift It Back To The Native American People
- October (10)
- • Waking Up The Goddess: Where Men Meet Women
- • Why we cry
- • You’re Not Wrong
- • Canada’s New PM Issues Challenge to US – “We’re Ending Wars and Legalizing Pot”
- • Meet the USA's First School District to Serve 100% Organic Meals
- • Going Through Shadows: The Vortex Of Transformation.
- • The Rise of Lowsumerism
- • There is something extraordinary happening in the world
- • Three Ways Canadian Thanksgiving Differs From American Thanksgiving
- • Leonardo DiCaprio - Bring Down Big Oil Corporations
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (6)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (5)
- January (4)
- 2014 (56)
- December (2)
- November (4)
- October (4)
- September (5)
- • Water on Earth predates Sun, meaning our life originated elsewhere – study
- • Buffalo Treaty: Native tribes sign bison revival plan in US and Canada
- • US to pay largest Native American nation $554 million in landmark settlement
- • Being Vegan and Raw Vegan Lifestyle
- • New Experiment Will Answer Some Mind-Bending Questions On Whether We Live In a Hologram
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (4)
- May (2)
- April (3)
- March (7)
- • Spring Into the Adventure! How the Symbolism of Frogs Can Support Us Through Change
- • The Gateways Are As Open As You Are
- • Shifting Seasons And Time…..
- • Marching Forward
- • Stanford Physicist: Vast, Powerful Realm Between Particles Influenced by Human Consciousness
- • We Are Living In The Most Important Time In The History Of The Universe - Dolores Cannon Discusses Our Current Paradigm
- • Creating A Path Where There Is None
- February (9)
- • February Update
- • Finding Direction When You Feel Lost
- • How Our Narratives Inform Our Hopes for Change
- • Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Mitigation
- • The Alchemy of Responsible Reflection
- • How You Attract Information In A Vibrational Universe
- • 'You shall not pass!' Native American groups vow to block Keystone XL pipeline
- • Architecture of the Light
- • Meeting Our Past Selves Outside Of Time
- January (10)
- • Journey to the Enchanted Forest – Your New Moon & New Year Power Animal Awaits
- • Year of the Horse is Upon Us – Ready, Set, Go!
- • The 118 Days of Creation
- • How Much Are You Filtering Your Truth? – Image Alterations Aren't Just For Big Media Anymore
- • Eight Signs You May Be Experiencing a Spiritual Awakening
- • 13 Signs You’re a Witch
- • How To Tell If You Had A Past Life In Atlantis
- • How Do I Know If It’s My Soul or My Ego Talking?
- • The Baby and the Bath Water
- • The Foundation for All Healing
- 2013 (104)
- December (12)
- • Activate Your Creative Power With Conscious Intention
- • Riding the Train of Life – Symbolism to Navigate the Tracks of Your Journey
- • Are We the Makers of Our Own Fate?
- • Lighting Your Truth to Freedom, Passion & Inspired Leadership – Closing Chapter 2013 to Write Chapter 2014′s Lively & Instinctual Year of the Horse
- • The Power of a Poor Night’s Sleep
- • Why Entrepreneurship Is A Spiritual Expression Of Freedom
- • Death and Dying from a Shamanic Perspective
- • Sliding Home For Christmas
- • The Solstice Vibe
- • You’re Only As Strong As Your Weakest Link But As Wise As Your Strongest
- • The Speed of Infinity
- • World Aids Day – December 1st
- November (29)
- • The Courage To Live Box Less -- Getting Outside The Label Labyrinth
- • The Quantum Leap Ascension Process
- • Toronto Named Most Youth Friendly City
- • Thanksgiving Day Recalibration
- • Stop Looking And See
- • Getting the Doomsday Hunger?
- • What I Hope to Be Next Year
- • At The Point of No Return
- • The Faery Referral Network
- • Thoughts on Compassion and Detachment
- • Top Ten Myths About Being a Psychic/Healer
- • Tell the “Lords” of Karma That You Are Sovereign – No Longer a Lightworker Part 2
- • Where New JFK Evidence Points - 50 Years Later + Videos
- • 3 Reasons Why It’s Better to NOT Manifest a Soul Mate Relationship
- • 10 Tycoons Who Meditate Daily To Keep Up With Their Hectic Business Life
- • Why We Should Rethink What We've Been Told About Consciousness
- • The Value of “Sloth” – Expanding Our Perceptions for Greater Wisdom
- • Why Your Voice Matters and How To Get Heard
- • Breaking the Barriers of Belief
- • Stop Being "Positive" & Start Getting Real (Joy) In Your Life
- • Are We Living in the Matrix?
- • Is the Sharing Economy Here Yet?
- • Find Your Power in Self-Sufficiency
- • Heads Up
- • Plants Exhibit The Same Senses As Humans And See, Touch, Smell, Hear and Even Taste
- • Healing The Wound(s) Within The Heart Chakra
- • True or False? I Am Perfect Just As I Am
- • Indigenous Elders and Medicine Peoples Council Statement on Fukushima
- • A Phoenix Rising - A Recommended Read
- October (18)
- • 20 Good Reasons to Have Clear Personal Boundaries
- • Let Go of Who You Are to Become What You Might Be
- • How to Be Happy: The 10-Day Happiness Challenge
- • The Law of Assumption
- • A Message from the Faeries
- • New Device Stores Electricity On Silicon Chips
- • The NAME
- • 6 Big Excuses That Can Derail Your Life
- • A Clean Break
- • An Original Blueprint
- • Your Angry Voice Demolishes Your Brilliant Argument
- • Where the Action Is NOW– Relationships
- • Homo Luminous: The New Human
- • The Two New Humanities
- • How Do I Discern the Real from False?
- • Walking on Sacred Ground
- • Not All Have Halos
- • AGAIN, Remember Who You Are
- September (14)
- • Be Careful of How You Use Words!
- • Frequency Gates – What The Heck Are They?
- • Following Our Joy to Find Freedom
- • You`ve Been Warned: Why You Need To Be Ready for Total Grid Failure
- • Spirituality and Ethics in Business
- • Life – The Projection From Within
- • 10 Ways to Shift Your Consciousness
- • The Fall Inside
- • Fall Equinox-The Gate Closes
- • Self Honesty May Deepen the Bliss Into Actualization and Full Embodiment
- • Changing Dynamics of Relationships
- • Biophotons
- • Autumn Equinox 2013 Cosmic Weather Forecast
- • Autumn Equinox: The Archangel Michael Meditation
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (3)
- May (12)
- • How Gratitude Can Help You Through Hard Times
- • The World of Opposites: A New Take
- • The God Gene
- • Souls of Animals
- • What If Television News Disappeared?
- • Every Warrior’s Achilles Heel
- • Building Your Spiritual Muscles
- • Transmuting Collective Human Consciousness By Channeling Light
- • Is DMT the Gateway to Hell?
- • The Psychological Crossroad of An Unhappy Life
- • Science Finds Fountain of Youth Brain Region That Slows Down Aging
- • Remember The Power Of The Voice
- April (6)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- December (12)
- 2012 (12)
- December (2)
- November (5)
- October (4)
- April (1)