Category: Journeys Hits: 2842
Trains have been a topic of symbolic discussion for a while – often referring to the synchronicity train we seem to ride along together. I love their magickal quality to be able to instantly evoke the powerful imagination. This reminds me of childhood stories and animated movies centered around trains.
And there’s of course the Hogwarts Express at King’s Cross Station that Harry Potter and the other wizards and witches take between London and Hogsmeade Station to Hogwarts Castle.
Most of you will also remember The Polar Express that seamlessly blends the dream world with reality, as it describes a journey (both literal and symbolic) that brings about transformation for the characters and the reader as well. We are reminded that the world is full of wonder and all you need to do is look for it, listen, and believe.
I’m called to remember my first journey I took alone, which in fact was a train ride. Interesting I chose this mode of transportation to mark the beginning of what would be many more journeys I would continue to take. Up until then, all of my traveling had been with my parents and brother. My brother and I were lucky our parents took us everywhere and that they were already supporting the adventurous path that was surging from my blood from the get-go.
But it was a magickal train ride up the west coast – destination Montana – that I did take, enjoying my sleeper car, meeting new people, taking in the beautiful vistas from sunrise to sunset, and lots of time reflecting. It was an incredibly opening journey in many ways, but that’s for another story.
The reason it was called to mind, is that a few nights ago I had what seems to be (at least by my limited memory lol) the first dream I remember where I was on a train, and the energy was very similar to my train trip, but with an element of enchanted mystery.
That along with the recent train horns sounding in the distance, which has suddenly begun in the last few weeks here – our nearest Amtrak train station is about 8 miles from the house – has gotten my attention. I have found the sound of the train, as it passes through, igniting an excitement and warmth inside causing me to pause and take it in.
Being someone who keeps conscious vigil on what is going on inside and around me, I have understood the trains also messaging me.
Indeed, a new journey is in sight, as I continue to ride out the rest of this year. And despite not knowing what is to be, I am assured I am on the right “track.”
Some of the elements of my dream I remember included being on a very large train that had three levels. I had my own sleeper car that was at the bottom level and I remember going up winding stairs to the other levels and that everything was dark, but warm, inviting, and exciting.
I don’t remember getting on the train…I don’t remember getting off. I don’t even know where I/we were headed. And I don’t recall seeing anyone or anything, but feeling and knowing they were there. Somehow I was in a parallel reality, layered over the one happening simultaneously, so it had a magickal feel to it, similar to how The Polar Express weaves dream and reality together with the train being that bridge.
I knew that the train symbolized a journey – my journey – and the constant, shifting and evolving journey of life, but I was interested in delving further into more meaning, so I began researching to see what I could find.
And a lot I did, which I thought you might enjoy reading about, if in fact trains have or are showing up for you, in some way.
The journey a train represents, can be symbolic of not just a literal journey/trip you will be taking soon, but also the journeying into regions of the psyche that are unexplored. Sometimes even, journeying into a new relationship – with self, another, business partner, etc. It can also indicate a journey into a new facet of your life that entails a new destiny.
I find my being in a sleeper car on the train to be comforting, as for me, it indicates my always feeling at home where ever I am, or am led.
Since the train is a mode of transportation controlled by someone other than yourself (unless you dream yourself as the engineer), it can symbolize a powerful force guiding you, which you may either feel flowingly aligned in trusting, or for some, you might feel you have no control and that can cause anxiety. In my dream, this felt very relaxed and peacefully relieving, which is what I’ve been feeling in waking life of trusting completely in where I’m guided, whatever that means or takes.
They say that if the train in your dream crashes, this may symbolize a force that is less beneficial – no crashing in my dream!
And since train travel isn’t as common as it is in other countries, it can also symbolize a way of doing something you’ve always done, that needs to be let go because it is outdated. Well, this is perfect, as I have been letting go, phasing out, and cutting out things in my life that to others may seem surprising, but I realize it’s time for something else. No need to continue what’s been done for lifetimes. And definitely seeing the end to contracts with others and myself, as I wrote in my year-end post:
…we are starting to activate more responsibility, empowerment, collective connection, and gentle grace to shine as brightly as we want, after having been released from contracts we’ve fulfilled. Many of you don’t realize you can relinquish these, are in denial and choosing to diminish yourself, or are still empathing others and waiting on others to step up before you will allow yourself to.
This is all done. This coming year, especially, the time has come to act upon being your shiniest ever. Leading by example will become your way of living, rather than an idea you aspire to and throw around as a positive quote when it fits the bill.
On the other end of the spectrum though, it could also mean simultaneously to do something new, or to do what you’ve longed and dreamed of, to enact visionary ideas into manifestation, even if it is NOT, and BECAUSE it is NOT, the “common” way. It is time to be uniquely you and create new experiences and systems that are more expansive.
Since trains are mass transit vehicles, it could mean that you are conforming to what others around you are doing, rather than doing what you believe is best and in alignment with your truth. It can also mean doing something methodical.
For me, since I was in a parallel reality, while still on the train of life with everyone else, yet on my own train, this would point to me that the journey I am taking or to take, is one that is outside the mass experience.
But since trains run “on tracks”, the symbolism of this points to encouragement and nudges that you are on the “right track”. Yay!
All of these things, including any dream you have, really have a lot to do with how you associate things and believe or feel about them. So it’s important to see how you feel about trains in waking life to understand how your psyche is messaging you. Dream interpretation is general and there are so many ways to interpret anything really. So it is a process to learn what things mean for you and how they relate to your belief system, in order to find the key that unlocks the meaning of your dream.
For instance, if when you think of trains you don’t feel them to be outdated/uncommon, but rather prefer or enjoy them, then that would shift the above meaning about your continuing on an old track that needs to be changed. In which case, dreaming of trains may have very positive reinforcement for you, as mine felt to be, unless of course there’s a crash or the train derails.
And like anything, and definitely with my own dream I shared, there are many layers…some of which you won’t uncover consciously and truly don’t need to, as they are, and have, done the work and recalibrating needed while you were dreaming them into being. Or, will come to make sense and click for you, when the time is right. So just make note of the dream, maybe journal it even, and you can flip back to it with an ah-ha! later on.
I also found information sharing, of course, that derailments symbolize something unsafe you are feeling, anxiety, fear, and warnings with serious consequences. Missing a trains may be a missed opportunity and waiting for one may mean you are waiting on something to happen and feeling helpless to affect the outcome. Train wrecks are indicative of being on the wrong track and headed for disaster, or that you are not being conscious of everything going on around you in order to make wise decisions.
There’s even info indicating trains can be a sexual symbol and represent sexual desire.
If you’re on, or see, a freight train they say that refers to burdens and problem you are hauling around, an omen of changes, or manual labor. Passenger trains can relate to spiritual and mental work (this was the kind of train I was on) and playing with model trains can speak to your wanting more control and power over your own life.
Dreaming of trains in general can be a metaphor for being “in training” for something as well, and the perseverance needed for what’s ahead.
I’ve always known that our cars represent our vehicles in life, but the same holds true for trains, buses, boats…they represent a part of the total and true self traveling through the journey of your life. And in the case of the train, you are able to see the views through which you travel in greater depth and expanse, being that trains travel through areas cars cannot. So perhaps this speaks to having vision of the paths and possibilities with great clarity, as well as monitoring the environment that will bring changes to your life and personal growth.
In my “darker” dream, it seems the vision was one that came from within, since I don’t remember seeing the landscape – only enjoying the journey. I was being guided by a trusted force and embracing the journey, since I was quite happy on my “dream” train.
Indeed, the train symbolizes your life’s journey and validation of heading in the right or “challenged” direction, whether you can see it or not.
Tania Marie is a visionary artist, sacred tattoo designer, author & Reiki Master Teacher whose creations, workshops and retreats in the healing arts are inspiring people globally.
Crystal Wind™See us onand Follow us on
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Andels Journeys
- 2019 (2)
- 2018 (18)
- December (2)
- November (1)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- 2017 (40)
- December (1)
- November (5)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (3)
- June (8)
- • The Trap of Righteousness
- • The Commercialization of Spirituality - A Multi-Billion Dollar Corporate Takeover!
- • Loneliness
- • The Masks Are Coming Off - Unveiling False Teachers
- • The Dynamics Of Fear In Fear Inducing Times
- • 10 “Spiritual” Things People Do That Are Total Bullshit
- • Karma Teaches Jerks A Valuable Lesson In Life
- • Is The New Spirituality Just A Trend?
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (2)
- 2016 (29)
- December (5)
- November (3)
- October (3)
- August (1)
- June (1)
- May (1)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (6)
- • My Pleasure
- • Vancouver Man With Stomach Cancer Is Selling Unconditional Love On Craigslist For $0
- • Carefree People Don’t Have Attachments - Here Are 25 Reasons Why
- • Are Family Members Toxic? 10 Things to Remember
- • The World As We Know It Has Changed And There Is No Going Back To What We Were - 6 Predictions
- • How To Get More Energy: 8 New Secrets Backed By Research
- 2015 (50)
- December (4)
- November (6)
- • Neutrality — The Gateway To Transcend The Matrix
- • Soul and Personality
- • Dalai Lama on Paris & Syria – A Message for Peace
- • Know Yourself. Heal. Self-Liberate. Experiment. Build Community.
- • Groundbreaking Discovery: Man Solves Tesla’s Secret To Amplifying Power By Nearly 5000%
- • Johnny Depp Intends To Buy Site Of Wounded Knee Massacre And Gift It Back To The Native American People
- October (10)
- • Waking Up The Goddess: Where Men Meet Women
- • Why we cry
- • You’re Not Wrong
- • Canada’s New PM Issues Challenge to US – “We’re Ending Wars and Legalizing Pot”
- • Meet the USA's First School District to Serve 100% Organic Meals
- • Going Through Shadows: The Vortex Of Transformation.
- • The Rise of Lowsumerism
- • There is something extraordinary happening in the world
- • Three Ways Canadian Thanksgiving Differs From American Thanksgiving
- • Leonardo DiCaprio - Bring Down Big Oil Corporations
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (6)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (5)
- January (4)
- 2014 (56)
- December (2)
- November (4)
- October (4)
- September (5)
- • Water on Earth predates Sun, meaning our life originated elsewhere – study
- • Buffalo Treaty: Native tribes sign bison revival plan in US and Canada
- • US to pay largest Native American nation $554 million in landmark settlement
- • Being Vegan and Raw Vegan Lifestyle
- • New Experiment Will Answer Some Mind-Bending Questions On Whether We Live In a Hologram
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (4)
- May (2)
- April (3)
- March (7)
- • Spring Into the Adventure! How the Symbolism of Frogs Can Support Us Through Change
- • The Gateways Are As Open As You Are
- • Shifting Seasons And Time…..
- • Marching Forward
- • Stanford Physicist: Vast, Powerful Realm Between Particles Influenced by Human Consciousness
- • We Are Living In The Most Important Time In The History Of The Universe - Dolores Cannon Discusses Our Current Paradigm
- • Creating A Path Where There Is None
- February (9)
- • February Update
- • Finding Direction When You Feel Lost
- • How Our Narratives Inform Our Hopes for Change
- • Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Mitigation
- • The Alchemy of Responsible Reflection
- • How You Attract Information In A Vibrational Universe
- • 'You shall not pass!' Native American groups vow to block Keystone XL pipeline
- • Architecture of the Light
- • Meeting Our Past Selves Outside Of Time
- January (10)
- • Journey to the Enchanted Forest – Your New Moon & New Year Power Animal Awaits
- • Year of the Horse is Upon Us – Ready, Set, Go!
- • The 118 Days of Creation
- • How Much Are You Filtering Your Truth? – Image Alterations Aren't Just For Big Media Anymore
- • Eight Signs You May Be Experiencing a Spiritual Awakening
- • 13 Signs You’re a Witch
- • How To Tell If You Had A Past Life In Atlantis
- • How Do I Know If It’s My Soul or My Ego Talking?
- • The Baby and the Bath Water
- • The Foundation for All Healing
- 2013 (104)
- December (12)
- • Activate Your Creative Power With Conscious Intention
- • Riding the Train of Life – Symbolism to Navigate the Tracks of Your Journey
- • Are We the Makers of Our Own Fate?
- • Lighting Your Truth to Freedom, Passion & Inspired Leadership – Closing Chapter 2013 to Write Chapter 2014′s Lively & Instinctual Year of the Horse
- • The Power of a Poor Night’s Sleep
- • Why Entrepreneurship Is A Spiritual Expression Of Freedom
- • Death and Dying from a Shamanic Perspective
- • Sliding Home For Christmas
- • The Solstice Vibe
- • You’re Only As Strong As Your Weakest Link But As Wise As Your Strongest
- • The Speed of Infinity
- • World Aids Day – December 1st
- November (29)
- • The Courage To Live Box Less -- Getting Outside The Label Labyrinth
- • The Quantum Leap Ascension Process
- • Toronto Named Most Youth Friendly City
- • Thanksgiving Day Recalibration
- • Stop Looking And See
- • Getting the Doomsday Hunger?
- • What I Hope to Be Next Year
- • At The Point of No Return
- • The Faery Referral Network
- • Thoughts on Compassion and Detachment
- • Top Ten Myths About Being a Psychic/Healer
- • Tell the “Lords” of Karma That You Are Sovereign – No Longer a Lightworker Part 2
- • Where New JFK Evidence Points - 50 Years Later + Videos
- • 3 Reasons Why It’s Better to NOT Manifest a Soul Mate Relationship
- • 10 Tycoons Who Meditate Daily To Keep Up With Their Hectic Business Life
- • Why We Should Rethink What We've Been Told About Consciousness
- • The Value of “Sloth” – Expanding Our Perceptions for Greater Wisdom
- • Why Your Voice Matters and How To Get Heard
- • Breaking the Barriers of Belief
- • Stop Being "Positive" & Start Getting Real (Joy) In Your Life
- • Are We Living in the Matrix?
- • Is the Sharing Economy Here Yet?
- • Find Your Power in Self-Sufficiency
- • Heads Up
- • Plants Exhibit The Same Senses As Humans And See, Touch, Smell, Hear and Even Taste
- • Healing The Wound(s) Within The Heart Chakra
- • True or False? I Am Perfect Just As I Am
- • Indigenous Elders and Medicine Peoples Council Statement on Fukushima
- • A Phoenix Rising - A Recommended Read
- October (18)
- • 20 Good Reasons to Have Clear Personal Boundaries
- • Let Go of Who You Are to Become What You Might Be
- • How to Be Happy: The 10-Day Happiness Challenge
- • The Law of Assumption
- • A Message from the Faeries
- • New Device Stores Electricity On Silicon Chips
- • The NAME
- • 6 Big Excuses That Can Derail Your Life
- • A Clean Break
- • An Original Blueprint
- • Your Angry Voice Demolishes Your Brilliant Argument
- • Where the Action Is NOW– Relationships
- • Homo Luminous: The New Human
- • The Two New Humanities
- • How Do I Discern the Real from False?
- • Walking on Sacred Ground
- • Not All Have Halos
- • AGAIN, Remember Who You Are
- September (14)
- • Be Careful of How You Use Words!
- • Frequency Gates – What The Heck Are They?
- • Following Our Joy to Find Freedom
- • You`ve Been Warned: Why You Need To Be Ready for Total Grid Failure
- • Spirituality and Ethics in Business
- • Life – The Projection From Within
- • 10 Ways to Shift Your Consciousness
- • The Fall Inside
- • Fall Equinox-The Gate Closes
- • Self Honesty May Deepen the Bliss Into Actualization and Full Embodiment
- • Changing Dynamics of Relationships
- • Biophotons
- • Autumn Equinox 2013 Cosmic Weather Forecast
- • Autumn Equinox: The Archangel Michael Meditation
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (3)
- May (12)
- • How Gratitude Can Help You Through Hard Times
- • The World of Opposites: A New Take
- • The God Gene
- • Souls of Animals
- • What If Television News Disappeared?
- • Every Warrior’s Achilles Heel
- • Building Your Spiritual Muscles
- • Transmuting Collective Human Consciousness By Channeling Light
- • Is DMT the Gateway to Hell?
- • The Psychological Crossroad of An Unhappy Life
- • Science Finds Fountain of Youth Brain Region That Slows Down Aging
- • Remember The Power Of The Voice
- April (6)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- December (12)