Category: Journeys Hits: 1658
It used to be common knowledge in consciousness circles that a person needed to be grounded both energetically and physically. People would talk about what foods helped them feel the most grounded, how spending time in nature helped them ground their meditative experiences and so on. However, I have noticed a trend in the last few years where people are getting very ungrounded, and are even encouraging others to engage "spiritual" practices that are very ungrounding. (Spell check says "ungrounding" is not a word, but I say that it is. )
Two of the adverse consequences of being ungrounded are that it can cause a person to be too easily swayed by the opinions of others, as well as be fooled by any of the many deceptions in our world. These are reason enough to put a consistent, daily focus on being fully present in your body and powerfully grounded to Earth's core. I could go on and on about the pitfalls and dangers of being spacey, ungrounded, partially out of body, etc but I will leave that aside in the interests of keeping this article short.
First, Get Into Your Body!
Many people are chronically partially out of their body due to a variety of conditions, some of which include: unhealed past physical or emotional traumas, living out of contact with the earth (cities, apartments, etc), doing "out of body" meditations,excessive daydreaming, unwillingness to confront the darker aspects of the subconscious mind, excessive use of alcohol or other drugs, over-consumption of television and other forms of digital entertainment, too much "cleansing" / calorie-restrictive dieting, and more.
The "Higher Self Meditation" in the Self-Clearing System puts a focus on bringing your own Inner Light back down into your body because most people are literally floating above themselves energetically. A repeated focus on seating your energy in your heart center helps you to be truly IN your body. Keep in mind that the "Higher" Self is only deemed that because so much of our Sovereign Self is floating above the body instead of residing within it.
Being fully present in the body can take a while, depending on how habitually disconnected and ungrounded a person has been in their life. Centering our energy in our heart center is the first, most basic step to restoring our full presence in the body, so that we can then get grounded.
Get Your Feet On the Ground
Even if you live in a dense urban environment, there will be parks and other places where some nature still exists. Seek out those places and put your bare feet onto the grass, dirt, sand, etc. While you're there with your feet on the ground, do the simple grounding meditation below and walk around for a bit.
This one is so simple that many people totally overlook it, or they prefer to plug in a "grounding pad" and call it a day. I have nothing against grounding (aka "earthing") devices, but they cannot replace the value of being barefoot on the ground. Swimming in natural bodies of water, walking barefoot on the beach and hiking in natural settings are also good ways to directly, energetically connect to the earth. If you are hiking in boots, stop often and touch a tree or plant with your bare hands.
Connect Your Heart to the Heart of the Planet
Through the process of energetically connecting our heart to the heart of the planet, we get deeply grounded in a very powerful, stable way. To me, this is the most potent form of grounding, although it works best when used in conjunction with the above steps. However, don't let the fact that you are in a high rise building, or that it is too cold outside to put your bare feet on the ground stop you from doing the simple process described below. It can be done anywhere, even if you are flying in an airplane.
Before we get to the process, I want to mention the curving energy lines used here. While it is more simple to visualize a straight line of energy, I have learned that curving lines of energy are more natural and more aligned with our foundational reality as Sovereign extensions of Source than straight lines of energy, which tend to be more mechanistic and synthetic.
Again, I could go on at length here, but I will keep it brief and use a picture to serve as a visual aid for this concept.
My Simple, Daily Grounding Focus.
- Close your eyes and take some slow, deep breaths. Center yourself in the present moment.
- Focus on your heart and visualize the energy of your Sovereign Inner Self growing large and bright.
- Send a beam of gently curving energy out of the left side of your chest that goes downward into the earth.
- Visualize this energy gently curving in a long elliptical arc, eventually connecting into the left side of Earth's core.
- As you make this connection to Earth's core, mentally (or out loud) say to the Earth, "Hello and thank you for supporting my human experience." (It can be anything with heartfelt gratitude.)
- Visualize another curving line of energy emanating from the right side of Earth's core, gently curving up to eventually connect into the right side of your chest.
- Spend a few moments enjoying the feeling of connecting and synchronizing your heart center to the heart of the planet.
- State your intention to keep yourself fully, deeply grounded and connected into Earth's core.
- Open your eyes and go on about the rest of your day in this deeply grounded state.
I highly recommend that you repeat this several times during the day whenever you have a spare moment. It only takes a couple of minutes, and with practice over time you will be able to maintain this connection throughout your day. Even if you are 20 stories up off the ground in an apartment or office building, you can still do this simple process. In fact, it is even more important to do so in that type of environment than if you're a woodland hobbit kind of person like me.
Grounding Physical Exercises
Ideally, when you are walking, standing or sitting barefoot on the grass (and after you have connected your heart center to the heart of the planet), you can do some physical exercise that will help you get more connected to your body. Again though, if you can't be in direct contact with the ground, you can still do some grounding physical exercise. This can be just about anything that you like to do, provided that it does not make you feel "spacey" or too light-headed.
For example, those who are familiar with a set of exercises called the "Five Rites" could do those movements, but I strongly recommend that you omit the first spinning movement, at least for a while. This is because spinning can create a spacey, out of body feeling, especially in a person that is already ungrounded. Do the other exercises first for a while, then slowly, very slowly, add in a little bit of spinning. Just make sure to ground yourself after the spinning portion, and if it takes too long, do less spinning (or none) next time.
If you are into yoga, do a combination of easy and mildly-challenging movements, butomit any extended pranayama at first, for the same reasons as omitting the spinning. If you are not into any of the above, just do some planks, push-ups, bodyweight squats, go hiking, or anything else you enjoy doing, making sure that you stay within your body's limitations. Pushing the body too hard while exercise can also be ungrounding, so if you feel your body asking for a rest, then rest!
A Grounding Diet
While I don't think a "perfect diet for all humans" actually exists, I have found that incorporating organic root vegetables and organic greens into a calorie-dense diet can help with efforts to get fully into the body and be grounded. The root vegetables are pretty self-explanatory, they grow underneath the ground, and they help pass along some of that groundedness to us when we eat them.
Greens are grounding due to their mineral content, but I must stress the importance of combining root vegetables and greens with calorie-dense foods. Any type of caloric restriction can be very ungrounding for a person, even when the diet is high in micronutrients, so it is important to have both micronutrient density and caloric density in one's diet.
This means eating things like rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes (hey, those are root vegetables, too!), wheat (preferably Spelt instead of "glutenized" American wheat), avocadoes, eggs, coconut oil, butter, other dairy products and (real) honey regularly. It can even mean having some ice cream once in a while (yay!). Organic is always preferable, but don't stress out over having a perfect diet, as that stress is worse than eating non-organic food.
Also, put as much (natural) salt on your food as you want. Salt could take up a whole article on its own, but the short version is that natural, minimally processed salt is good for you, so don't restrict it. (Himalayan salt, Redmond "Real" salt, Celtic sea salt, etc.)
Just for clarity: Please do NOT just eat root vegetables and greens, because you will not have enough caloric density to support a strong metabolism, and you will end up ungrounded, hungry and feeling cold all the time without sufficient calories. For those of you who eat meat, try to get organic / grass-fed whenever possible. Those of you who don't eat meat will need to make sure you are getting plenty of calories from other sources.
Awareness is the Key
The main key to being energetically present in your body and grounded is awareness and being conscious of how you feel as you move through life. These are a few indicators that you are not fully present in your body and ungrounded: Feeling spacey, difficulty focusing on one task, easily losing track of conversations when others are talking, misplacing your keys/phone/spouse/child/dog/etc, poor coordination, forgetting something that happened just moments ago, etc.
If you notice any of those things happening, or anything else specific to you that you know is an indication of being unpresent / ungrounded, get tuned into your Sovereign Self via your heart center and connect your heart to the planet's heart via the simple process above.
If you can incorporate the physical grounding practices into your daily life as much as possible and do your energetic grounding work, you will notice many positive benefits including an increase in your capacity for holding and utilizing energy in your body. This will allow you to do more intense types of energy-work without getting ungrounded in the process.
I hope the information and techniques in this article are helpful for you. I thank you for your support, presence and attention. For those of you who have emailed me and didn't receive a reply, please know that I do read every email, but I cannot reply to them all, and I am currently backlogged on email replies by almost a week.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2017 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Andels Journeys
- 2017 (34)
- October (1)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (3)
- June (8)
- • The Trap of Righteousness
- • The Commercialization of Spirituality - A Multi-Billion Dollar Corporate Takeover!
- • Loneliness
- • The Masks Are Coming Off - Unveiling False Teachers
- • The Dynamics Of Fear In Fear Inducing Times
- • 10 “Spiritual” Things People Do That Are Total Bullshit
- • Karma Teaches Jerks A Valuable Lesson In Life
- • Is The New Spirituality Just A Trend?
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (3)
- 2016 (30)
- December (6)
- • This Woman Died of Stage 4 Cancer and Came Back From the Dead With a Shocking Message
- • Article Four: The Cast of Characters. AKA: The Wrecking Crew.
- • Cognitive Dissonance made easy
- • The Principle of Mission
- • Article Three: Donald Trump’s Personality and Character Structure
- • Article Two: United States Elections 2016: Getting the Right Perspective
- November (3)
- October (3)
- August (1)
- June (1)
- May (1)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (6)
- • My Pleasure
- • Vancouver Man With Stomach Cancer Is Selling Unconditional Love On Craigslist For $0
- • Carefree People Don’t Have Attachments - Here Are 25 Reasons Why
- • Are Family Members Toxic? 10 Things to Remember
- • The World As We Know It Has Changed And There Is No Going Back To What We Were - 6 Predictions
- • How To Get More Energy: 8 New Secrets Backed By Research
- December (6)
- 2015 (50)
- December (4)
- November (6)
- • Neutrality — The Gateway To Transcend The Matrix
- • Soul and Personality
- • Dalai Lama on Paris & Syria – A Message for Peace
- • Know Yourself. Heal. Self-Liberate. Experiment. Build Community.
- • Groundbreaking Discovery: Man Solves Tesla’s Secret To Amplifying Power By Nearly 5000%
- • Johnny Depp Intends To Buy Site Of Wounded Knee Massacre And Gift It Back To The Native American People
- October (10)
- • Waking Up The Goddess: Where Men Meet Women
- • Why we cry
- • You’re Not Wrong
- • Canada’s New PM Issues Challenge to US – “We’re Ending Wars and Legalizing Pot”
- • Meet the USA's First School District to Serve 100% Organic Meals
- • Going Through Shadows: The Vortex Of Transformation.
- • The Rise of Lowsumerism
- • There is something extraordinary happening in the world
- • Three Ways Canadian Thanksgiving Differs From American Thanksgiving
- • Leonardo DiCaprio - Bring Down Big Oil Corporations
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (6)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (5)
- January (4)
- 2014 (56)
- December (2)
- November (4)
- October (4)
- September (5)
- • Water on Earth predates Sun, meaning our life originated elsewhere – study
- • Buffalo Treaty: Native tribes sign bison revival plan in US and Canada
- • US to pay largest Native American nation $554 million in landmark settlement
- • Being Vegan and Raw Vegan Lifestyle
- • New Experiment Will Answer Some Mind-Bending Questions On Whether We Live In a Hologram
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (4)
- May (2)
- April (3)
- March (7)
- • Spring Into the Adventure! How the Symbolism of Frogs Can Support Us Through Change
- • The Gateways Are As Open As You Are
- • Shifting Seasons And Time…..
- • Marching Forward
- • Stanford Physicist: Vast, Powerful Realm Between Particles Influenced by Human Consciousness
- • We Are Living In The Most Important Time In The History Of The Universe - Dolores Cannon Discusses Our Current Paradigm
- • Creating A Path Where There Is None
- February (9)
- • February Update
- • Finding Direction When You Feel Lost
- • How Our Narratives Inform Our Hopes for Change
- • Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Mitigation
- • The Alchemy of Responsible Reflection
- • How You Attract Information In A Vibrational Universe
- • 'You shall not pass!' Native American groups vow to block Keystone XL pipeline
- • Architecture of the Light
- • Meeting Our Past Selves Outside Of Time
- January (10)
- • Journey to the Enchanted Forest – Your New Moon & New Year Power Animal Awaits
- • Year of the Horse is Upon Us – Ready, Set, Go!
- • The 118 Days of Creation
- • How Much Are You Filtering Your Truth? – Image Alterations Aren't Just For Big Media Anymore
- • Eight Signs You May Be Experiencing a Spiritual Awakening
- • 13 Signs You’re a Witch
- • How To Tell If You Had A Past Life In Atlantis
- • How Do I Know If It’s My Soul or My Ego Talking?
- • The Baby and the Bath Water
- • The Foundation for All Healing
- 2013 (104)
- December (12)
- • Activate Your Creative Power With Conscious Intention
- • Riding the Train of Life – Symbolism to Navigate the Tracks of Your Journey
- • Are We the Makers of Our Own Fate?
- • Lighting Your Truth to Freedom, Passion & Inspired Leadership – Closing Chapter 2013 to Write Chapter 2014′s Lively & Instinctual Year of the Horse
- • The Power of a Poor Night’s Sleep
- • Why Entrepreneurship Is A Spiritual Expression Of Freedom
- • Death and Dying from a Shamanic Perspective
- • Sliding Home For Christmas
- • The Solstice Vibe
- • You’re Only As Strong As Your Weakest Link But As Wise As Your Strongest
- • The Speed of Infinity
- • World Aids Day – December 1st
- November (29)
- • The Courage To Live Box Less -- Getting Outside The Label Labyrinth
- • The Quantum Leap Ascension Process
- • Toronto Named Most Youth Friendly City
- • Thanksgiving Day Recalibration
- • Stop Looking And See
- • Getting the Doomsday Hunger?
- • What I Hope to Be Next Year
- • At The Point of No Return
- • The Faery Referral Network
- • Thoughts on Compassion and Detachment
- • Top Ten Myths About Being a Psychic/Healer
- • Tell the “Lords” of Karma That You Are Sovereign – No Longer a Lightworker Part 2
- • Where New JFK Evidence Points - 50 Years Later + Videos
- • 3 Reasons Why It’s Better to NOT Manifest a Soul Mate Relationship
- • 10 Tycoons Who Meditate Daily To Keep Up With Their Hectic Business Life
- • Why We Should Rethink What We've Been Told About Consciousness
- • The Value of “Sloth” – Expanding Our Perceptions for Greater Wisdom
- • Why Your Voice Matters and How To Get Heard
- • Breaking the Barriers of Belief
- • Stop Being "Positive" & Start Getting Real (Joy) In Your Life
- • Are We Living in the Matrix?
- • Is the Sharing Economy Here Yet?
- • Find Your Power in Self-Sufficiency
- • Heads Up
- • Plants Exhibit The Same Senses As Humans And See, Touch, Smell, Hear and Even Taste
- • Healing The Wound(s) Within The Heart Chakra
- • True or False? I Am Perfect Just As I Am
- • Indigenous Elders and Medicine Peoples Council Statement on Fukushima
- • A Phoenix Rising - A Recommended Read
- October (18)
- • 20 Good Reasons to Have Clear Personal Boundaries
- • Let Go of Who You Are to Become What You Might Be
- • How to Be Happy: The 10-Day Happiness Challenge
- • The Law of Assumption
- • A Message from the Faeries
- • New Device Stores Electricity On Silicon Chips
- • The NAME
- • 6 Big Excuses That Can Derail Your Life
- • A Clean Break
- • An Original Blueprint
- • Your Angry Voice Demolishes Your Brilliant Argument
- • Where the Action Is NOW– Relationships
- • Homo Luminous: The New Human
- • The Two New Humanities
- • How Do I Discern the Real from False?
- • Walking on Sacred Ground
- • Not All Have Halos
- • AGAIN, Remember Who You Are
- September (14)
- • Be Careful of How You Use Words!
- • Frequency Gates – What The Heck Are They?
- • Following Our Joy to Find Freedom
- • You`ve Been Warned: Why You Need To Be Ready for Total Grid Failure
- • Spirituality and Ethics in Business
- • Life – The Projection From Within
- • 10 Ways to Shift Your Consciousness
- • The Fall Inside
- • Fall Equinox-The Gate Closes
- • Self Honesty May Deepen the Bliss Into Actualization and Full Embodiment
- • Changing Dynamics of Relationships
- • Biophotons
- • Autumn Equinox 2013 Cosmic Weather Forecast
- • Autumn Equinox: The Archangel Michael Meditation
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (3)
- May (12)
- • How Gratitude Can Help You Through Hard Times
- • The World of Opposites: A New Take
- • The God Gene
- • Souls of Animals
- • What If Television News Disappeared?
- • Every Warrior’s Achilles Heel
- • Building Your Spiritual Muscles
- • Transmuting Collective Human Consciousness By Channeling Light
- • Is DMT the Gateway to Hell?
- • The Psychological Crossroad of An Unhappy Life
- • Science Finds Fountain of Youth Brain Region That Slows Down Aging
- • Remember The Power Of The Voice
- April (6)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- December (12)
- 2012 (12)
- December (2)
- November (5)
- October (4)
- April (1)
- 2011 (2)
- June (1)
- January (1)