Category: Wicca Views: 5891
The Triple Goddess
The symbolism and magical correspondences of the Maiden, Mother, and Crone, who make up the Wiccan Triple Goddess.
The Maiden signifies youth, the springtime of life when all is in bloom, the excitement of the chase, and the newness of life and magick. In human age, she would be between puberty and her twenties. She is innocent in some ways, but also a seductress who recognizes the power of her sexuality. She has no mate. Maiden goddesses are often associated with flowers.
Colors: Soft and light pastels, such as white, soft pink, or light yellow.
Rituals involving the Maiden:
- Any new beginning, or even the hopes and plans for new beginnings.
- Starting a new job or applying for a new job.
- During the first steps of new ideas.
- Planning or beginning a complete turn-around in your life.
- Beginning a new phase in your life.
- Moving into a new house or apartment.
- Entering a new school or going back to school after a delay in education.
- Taking a journey connected with anticipated changes.
- The beginning of a new relationship, love, or friendship.
- Youthful energy.
The Mother stands for nurturing, caring, fertility; she is a woman in the prime of her life and at the peak of her power. She protects her own and will ensure that justice is done and done well. This woman is usually mated. In human age, she would be seen as a woman in her thirties to mid-forties. Mother is ripe, full-breasted, at the peak of her womanly powers. She rears children and nurtures others. Mother is Life. She is the Madonna who tenderly rocks her baby, but she is also the lioness who hunts to feed her cubs and will fight to the death to protect them. Mother goddesses are often associated with grain.
Colors: Warmer than that of the maiden, such as green, copper, red, light purple or royal blue.
Rituals involving the Mother:
- Project fruition and completion.
- When childbirth is near.
- Strength to see matters through to the end.
- Blessings and protection.
- Guidance in life decisions.
- Marriages, or the contemplation of or desire for marriage.
- Finding or choosing a mate or companion.
- Choosing or accepting an animal.
- Protection of animal life.
- Making choices of any kind.
- Gaining or continuing peace.
- Developing intuition.
- Spiritual direction.
- Nurture and comfort
- Relationships and family matters
The Crone is a being of age-old wisdom. She is shrew and counsels well. She cares for the Maiden and the Mother as well as the offspring thereof. She is logical and can be terrible in her vengeance. She stands at the door to the dimension of death. In human years, she is approximately 45 or older. The Crone is the most difficult of the three to place in human age. Crone is the benevolent grandmother you can count on for sage advice but she is also the Dark Goddess, a hag who can sometimes be frightening. Crone is the Reaper and Life-in-Death. In many ways she is even more powerful than Mother. There are no secrets from Crone, who is old age, experience, accumulated wisdom, and death. Crone goddesses are often associated with mills and cemeteries.
Season: Autumn, Winter
Colors: black, gray, purple, brown, midnight blue
Rituals involving the Crone:
- Ending relationships, jobs, friendships.
- Menopause, or coming to terms with aging.
- A regrouping of energies needed at the end of a cycle of activity or problem.
- Rest and calmness before making new goals and plans.
- When the garden or plants are ready for winter.
- Harassment of any kind.
- Retribution on rapists, murderers, abusers.
- On the death of a person or pet.
- Contemplation at the end of your own life cycle.
- To understand the deepest of mysteries, wisdom, and hidden knowledge.
- Any banishing, binding, ending.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2020 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Who is Online Now
We have 1095 guests and no members online