Category: Animal Spirit & Medicine Views: 9906
Related to the crow the magpie is an intelligent and adaptable bird. Ancient folklore associated with the magpie suggests that when two or more fly into ones life good fortune is coming soon. Since magpies are opportunists and seldom miss a chance to get something for nothing those with this medicine should pay attention to subtle omens that appear in their life then act accordingly so opportunities are not missed. The magpie asks us to wake up and be conscious in every area of our life.
Magpies are curious and have a reputation for stealing anything that they can carry away. They use whatever they find and teach us how to be resourceful. Magpie medicine people have the ability to succeed in life. Those with this totem are usually eclectic and able to draw on a variety of resources to assist them in their pursuits. Being able to adapt to different situations in a spontaneous way is one of the magpies strongest attributes. Those with this totem often find that their interests are varied which make master ship of any one thing difficult although not impossible.
Magpies are extremely vocal especially in groups. They help those with this medicine learn how to use their voice to attract attention, attain desired goals as well as acquire respect from others. This applies only if this medicine is developed sufficiently. Otherwise the voice and its expression may need improvement for positive results to be obtained. Proper communication is one of the lessons that needs to be learned by magpie medicine people .
The black and white colouring of the magpie associates them to the world of magic, prophecy and witchcraft. They know how to live within the light and the dark simultaneously and understand the pros and cons of both. Magic is symbolic of creation. Occult knowledge must be understood fully before it can be used in a beneficial way. Those with this totem have the opportunity of creating a new and better life for themselves once they develop their psychic gifts completely and use those gifts with pure intention and self less service. Past life ties regarding the misuse of magic are common amongst magpie medicine people. The gift of a new creation will be offered to you only when you are ready. When the magpie flies into your life, get ready, your about to embark into the world of opportunity.
A Magpie totem helps you use whatever metaphysical or occult knowledge you have – no matter how incomplete it may be. The flip side is that Magpie people can become jacks of all trades, but masters of none – dabbling into everything. Be careful to apply your intelligence to the task and take it to its completion.
Magpies have the ability to open up the doorways to the Spirit and Fairy Realms and have been familiars to witches and if you have one as a totem, it might have been your familiar in a past life. If this is the case, Magpie will be at your side permanently, helping you as it did in the past. However, again, be careful of using occult power for quick effects and not taking the time to complete training. Misuse of magic can have dire consequences.
The magpie teases eagles and other predatory species in front of its magpie friends, in order to win higher status, better mates, and sometimes simply for the risk of it. Magpie represents risk-taking for prestige and daredevilry. It might be time in our jobs or amongst colleagues, to take risks in order to win favours. It might also be time to be a bit of a daredevil, and face the fact that sometimes we have to put ourselves on the line around others in order to grow. We can't just take risks when no one's looking.
- The magpie comes into our lives to tell us to focus on our homes, is our home protected? Do we have the luxury of material security? Magpie brings these aspects into focus.
- Magpie is an animal that comes into our lives to tell us that it's okay to have irrational fears. Magpie helps us confront that which we irrationally fear, and does so in a gentle and compassionate manner.
- Magpie, with their dualism of colour and representation in culture as both a good and a bad omen, represent duality and binary opposites. The specific focus on this duality tends to be on a reconciliation of emotional or spiritual opposites. It is time to balance opposing emotions, like anger and compassion, or spiritual opposites, like the mysteries life and death.
- When magpie comes into your life, chances are there are a few wights (spirits) in your life as well. Magpie represents Wight-attraction, and might imply a time in your life where you might be more obsessed with faeries, and goblins, or unicorns and dragons, far more often than usual.
- The magpie has long cultural links with witchcraft and many aspects associated with this. In particular, the magpie is associated with omens, prophecy and divination. When magpie comes into your life, it might be time to start strengthening these aspects in your spiritual life, or alternatively it might be time to start paying attention to the omens, dreams and hunches you might be getting.
- Magpie comes into our lives to either represent that part of ourselves that collects and hoards bright shiny thoughts or objects, or to suggest that we might want to start collecting the things we value.
- The magpie is the cunning prophet who comes into our lives in order to help us to use prophecy and divination in ways which are clever and even stealthy. We are able to divine for great personal gain, and the gain of others, with magpie as a totem or a spirit guide.
- Magpie teaches us to take joy in the process of change, to recognise that it is not a laboursome event, but something to look forward to as it will very likely bring a new and exciting nourishment to our spirits, that we would not have had without the change. Let go of the old! Bring in the new! Cries magpie.
- Magpie is an excellent muse for those who are creative with words. In addition to this, magpie with its complex language of body and vocalisations - represents the significance of voice. It is time to understand the impact of your voice and your speech upon others, and the impact of other people's speech, tone and words on yourself.
- Magpie is a greatly magical creature, and tends to confer spiritual protection upon you once it enters your life.
Those with magpie medicine tend to teach people life and spirit truths in the way they live their lives, and in the council they give through words and writing. Magpie people tend to write down their wisdom, or say it eloquently. They don't often specifically desire to lead intensely spiritual or solitary lives, because family, children and friends are such a high priority.
Like all animal helpers, this animal will only appear when right and appropriate, and cannot be forced to visit you, commune with you, or share messages with you. Remember that you will find methods of contact suggested here are not the 'be all and end all' when it comes to contacting the magpie, and you will find methods here or elsewhere that are far more suitable for yourself. I'm not aware of any particular methods which are less likely to make magpie visit. Invocations, chants, singing, drumming, flute, sticks, dancing etc. are all successful methods. Use of all the elements (with less success given to the element of water) are also ways one can contact the magpie. Magpie will often come to anyone who summons it, but if we aren't ready for the lessons, we may simply misinterpret their wisdom, or miss it entirely.
CrystalWind.ca is free to access and use.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
"Life is an echo, what you send out comes back."
© 2008-2021 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Spirit Animal Totem Of The Day!
Articles: Animal Totems
Who is Online Now
We have 2014 guests and no members online